PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-24-2002, 12:34 PM #1
Twister123

has been a member for 10 years
Blazer vs Impulse??

Warning: I'm probably going to ask stupid questions because i dont know jack about the Blazer, i've never seen one much less shot one (they arent popular here in RI)

ok so right now i've got an Impulse Turbo, with almost every upgrade under the sun on it (14" boomy, 12v Revy with Intellifeed, Wermstick blade-style trigger, Undertow delrin bolt, 15* hfv, Palmer Stabilizer, and some stuf i probably forgot) and i love it, but recently its been breaking a lot on me (right now i cant get over 250 fps or so, and cant figure out what's wrong either.. have to ship it back to Smart Parts)

so i was thinking of maybe replacing it. Actually im probably not going to replace it, its just a thought at the back of my mind, and i thought i'd look into a Blazer because i am EXTREMELY impressed with my newest upgrade, an LP Palmer Stabilizer.. and i thought the MaxFlow was a good reg!! and like i said, i've never seen one hereabouts, and i like to stand out

can someone answer these questions for me?
1)How long/heavy is the trigger pull (i'd get a 2-finger trigger with a ProTouch job) and is it adjustable?
2)Is the Blazer really accurate? Say like an Autococker/Shocker?
3)I believe its closed bolt, but someone correct me if i'm wrong?
4)Can you short-stroke the trigger? if yes, is it hard to shoot correctly or do new Blazer owners tend to learn fast?
5)Are there any aftermarket barrels for the Blazer not made by Palmer Pursuit?
6)Are the Palmer barrels very good? Comparable to a Boomstick or another top-quality barrel?
7)What pressure would the gun run at if i get the LP/HV valving?? is this upgrade worth the money?
8)How much maintenance is neccessary?? after every days play i usually spend like an hour and a half on my Impulse
9)Does it run well on co2?? On my Imp i just use an Anti-syphon tank and run co2 thru my Miracle Reg (that is, a Stablizer) and its ultra-consistent

i think thats all for now.. i'll probably have more questions later

thanx in advance for your help
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-24-2002, 12:37 PM #2
Twister123

I thought of another one already: whats better, the Benchmark 2 finger frame, or the 2 finger trigger shoe with a Protouch trigger job??

thanx
Old 08-24-2002, 01:31 PM #3
PBKoko
Stroke it good

1)How long/heavy is the trigger pull (i'd get a 2-finger trigger with a ProTouch job) and is it adjustable?

It's adjustable if you want to fiddle with the insides, but i say the .45 benchmark 2x trigger is better

2)Is the Blazer really accurate? Say like an Autococker/Shocker?

Accuracy is paint/bore and consistancy. But blazer imho is just a better autococker

3)I believe its closed bolt, but someone correct me if i'm wrong?

you are right

4)Can you short-stroke the trigger? if yes, is it hard to shoot correctly or do new Blazer owners tend to learn fast?

Just run around the house pulling the trigger, you'll get used to it. You can short stroke it however

5)Are there any aftermarket barrels for the Blazer not made by Palmer Pursuit?

You can take barrels and shave off the threads, or they are making a barrel kit for the blazer, the titanium longbow... www.titaniumpaintball.com

6)Are the Palmer barrels very good? Comparable to a Boomstick or another top-quality barrel?

They are top notch. Wouldn't bother getting a boomy, i love my barrel

7)What pressure would the gun run at if i get the LP/HV valving?? is this upgrade worth the money?

Most people think it's not worth it, not sure of the pressure... like 300? 250? i dont have it.

8)How much maintenance is neccessary?? after every days play i usually spend like an hour and a half on my Impulse

uhm... run warm water through it (blow dry after), put 3 drops of oil in ASA, 3 drops in the hammer, and 1 drop on each bolt o-ring, dry fire... doesn't take too much maintenance, but the bolt loves to have oil between games and such

9)Does it run well on co2?? On my Imp i just use an Anti-syphon tank and run co2 thru my Miracle Reg (that is, a Stablizer) and its ultra-consistent

It is made for CO2, it'll run better than your impy probably. A/S is always a good choice, and you always can double stabe it ^_^

Hope that answers your questions

VSC/SC Phantom

Last edited by PBKoko : 08-24-2002 at 01:34 PM.
Old 08-24-2002, 03:38 PM #4
EasterBunny
cheeZe, not cheeSe

well done man
Old 08-24-2002, 03:52 PM #5
Twister123

that helps me out a lot, thanks PBKoko

but 2 more questions:
Will a male Stabilzer on a Blazer get in the way of a long drop forward? i like my guns really compact
At palmer-pursuit.com, what does 'Ball-Feed Indexing and Barrel "Wedgit"' mean??

thanx again
Old 08-24-2002, 10:19 PM #6
headcase
Me like toys

Quote:
Originally posted by PBKoko

Most people think it's not worth it, not sure of the pressure... like 300? 250? i dont have it.

[/b]
The LP/HV valving isn't available on newer Blazers. It was an option on the first couple of body runs, and the body was modified to run at sllightly lower pressure. OP is around 400 psi or so.

Quote:

but 2 more questions:
Will a male Stabilzer on a Blazer get in the way of a long drop forward? i like my guns really compact
At palmer-pursuit.com, what does 'Ball-Feed Indexing and Barrel "Wedgit"' mean??

depends on how long of a drop, and how far the drop drops. There are lots of pics of blazers around, most have Males Stabs on them, you probably can find one with the drop you want to use. Also post on the POG board http://www.paintmagazine.com/cgi-bin...ast.pl?forum=8 someone there might have the setup you are trying to get.

finally, get the double .45 trigger and frame. It is much better than the protouch.
Old 08-24-2002, 10:21 PM #7
headcase
Me like toys

oopps I forgot to answer the other question:

Basicly a PPS barrel is medium to large bore at the breech. The widgets are 3 controlled "dents" in the barrel that stop the ball from rolling out when the bolt is resting forward.
Old 08-24-2002, 10:30 PM #8
Twister123

thanks a lot guys, you're very helpful

i'm considering selling my Impulse more and more as i hear more about the Blazer, its very tempting..

anyway, thanx
Old 08-25-2002, 12:26 AM #9
PBKoko
Stroke it good

if you wanna check out a really compact long drop with a male stabe... check out docs machine drops. There is one with a long drop so that the tank doesn't go past the grip... yeah. www.docsmachine.com i think.

If that aint compact enough........

VSC/SC Phantom
Old 08-25-2002, 06:18 PM #10
Twister123

that is certainly compact enough ty for the info
Old 08-25-2002, 06:24 PM #11
Twister123

ok, sorry to bother everyone again...

will Palmer's annodize my grip frame? I'd probably order a Benchmark one if it matters.
Old 08-25-2002, 08:17 PM #12
PBKoko
Stroke it good

palmer can chrome it, i recall an email from glenn saying he could anno the grip frame, however

VSC/SC Phantom