PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 04:32 PM #22
BackLash59
The resident demigod

You clearly no nothing about what happened to the American steel industry. When Americans started buying foriegn stell, not because it was better but because it was cheaper wich is caused by cheaper labor in foriegn countries; anyways, when people started to buy the foriegn steel many steel companies had to have huge layoffs because they couldnt afford to pay there employies.
And its the same thing with the car industry, its not that the stuff is bad, its just cheaper. If ignorance is bliss you must be the happyiest person alive.

- San Diego Legacy fan club member #352
-blue/black pm6
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-30-2004, 04:48 PM #23
ebladeboi123
NastYkAt1

ebladeboi123 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
dark shocker, tzu wtf, dark makes ****tty products since when!? I have a dark shocker, and i can say only say one thing, its very nice. The only shockers with problems were the 1st run of shockers or shockers that owners neglect. Take the bolt out and lube it, lube the reg too, and you should be fine. In the dark you get... a sweet body, good feedneck, either a freak or a lucky 15 ( i gotta freak), snatch grip, a grip frame where you can fit ur fingers in, a sick trigger, a like all shockers a nerve board. So why not, true a shocker is a shocker, but..... you won't be dissappointed with the dark.

Gun Whore Blow OUT!

Tank-Barrel-Everything Sale!
Old 12-30-2004, 09:10 PM #24
natedgg
Back Blocks Rule

i agree that dark products are okay, and anyone who buys an angel over a private label shocker in my opinion is not too bright.
1.angels are said to be reliable but not all of them are.
2.the worst thing that mostly happens with shockers is orings(BIG MF'in deal)
3.if your angel breaks you have to send it over seas which costs much $$ and you will get your gun back in a month(maybe, thats maybe)
4.most private label shockers have lifetime warranty
-send to company
-they fix it
-you get ur gun back in 2 weeks latest (most of the
time)

oh and good luck getting more than 500 bucks out of a used 05 speed, shockers may be smart parts but private label shockers hold value so much better.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:14 AM #25
Supra333
JagerMeister

Wtf you are retarded natedgg I have had my JD Fly which one most levels is the same as the speed and I have never had to replace a single part on it....Since I bought it in the end of July I have not even had to re-grease it because the grease that comes on it lasts so long....and the nice thing is you dont have to buy a gun from a nazi company to have it....WDP products are the best....If it breaks you dont have to ship it overseas you just shipp it straight to your closest Master Tech who can fix all of your troubles and wont even cost you that much...Ive known a few people with shockers and just to list a few problems theyve had....Broken Board(not covered in warranty), Lots of broken O-rings(on your own dime) and finally the best thing that the 05 speed has better than the shocker is the external trigger adjustment by venier wheels.....Bet you shockers dont got that you gotta pull out some allen wrenches to adjust yours.....HAH we can adjust in a few seconds when it takes you 5 minutes....Also and last but not least 05 Speeds have break beam eyes compared to the retarded SP Reflective Eye which is next to worthless.....05 Speed All The Way
Old 12-31-2004, 10:41 AM #26
natedgg
Back Blocks Rule

wow, that guy sounded kinda pissed off but whatever

Go for the Shocker
Old 12-31-2004, 12:09 PM #27
edtheward
IT'S OPPOSABLE!!!

edtheward is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Supra333
Wtf you are retarded natedgg I have had my JD Fly which one most levels is the same as the speed and I have never had to replace a single part on it....Since I bought it in the end of July I have not even had to re-grease it because the grease that comes on it lasts so long....and the nice thing is you dont have to buy a gun from a nazi company to have it....WDP products are the best....If it breaks you dont have to ship it overseas you just shipp it straight to your closest Master Tech who can fix all of your troubles and wont even cost you that much...Ive known a few people with shockers and just to list a few problems theyve had....Broken Board(not covered in warranty), Lots of broken O-rings(on your own dime) and finally the best thing that the 05 speed has better than the shocker is the external trigger adjustment by venier wheels.....Bet you shockers dont got that you gotta pull out some allen wrenches to adjust yours.....HAH we can adjust in a few seconds when it takes you 5 minutes....Also and last but not least 05 Speeds have break beam eyes compared to the retarded SP Reflective Eye which is next to worthless.....05 Speed All The Way
was that necessary?

THE KILL BILL MATRIX
my ebay feedback
my pbn feedback
Old 12-31-2004, 12:09 PM #28
Nxy69
EastCoastCartel

Nxy69 is a Supporting Member
Shockers own speed's

BUT 05 speeds look pretty hot, and wdp claims the problem's that older versions are fixed, but im not to sure.

So its a toss up, dark shockers have betetr resale value, but cost more
Speeds are nice looking guns and can hold there own in any shootout, its really up 2 u
Old 12-31-2004, 01:58 PM #29
BackLash59
The resident demigod

Quote:
Originally posted by Supra333
I dont know where to even start. Well first I have never chopped a single ball with my shocker. Two you probably never regrease your gun for these reasons; your bolt is plastic, your gun doesnt have many orings, and you barely ever use your gun( i play every weekend, shoot around a case every time and have to grease my bolt every two months). Thirdly, you send in your warranty card and Smart Parts will replace anything you need, boards, and bodies too, for free. next unless you have no hands you can adjust the trigger in about thirty seconds (but maybe thats just to much work for you). Finaly dont call Smart Parts nazis because im pretty sure Billy and Adam dont keep copies of "Mein Kampf" on their desks, and they dont hate anyone who doesnt have blonde hair, with blue eyes and speak German. So until you get a clue about what a nazi is or you know anything about shockers, just shut up and leave.

-blue/black pm6
Old 12-31-2004, 02:14 PM #30
Supra333
JagerMeister

I use my gun at least once a week...my gun has around 60k shots on it
Old 12-31-2004, 02:22 PM #31
BackLash59
The resident demigod

Well then sorry about that.

-blue/black pm6
Old 12-31-2004, 07:00 PM #32
Little David
SDA

Little David is a Supporting Member
Angel 05 speed forsure havent had any problems, fast, very LOW maintance, all around great gun

Ive seen some many shockers go down

Im Coming BACK
Old 12-31-2004, 07:14 PM #33
BigDep

the people saying heavy maintanence on an angel are smoking some great weed. High mantance on an angel? someone doesn't have a clue what they are talking about. 05 speeds run circles around any shocker any time. the dark shocker is overpriced and ugly and a shocker. shockers are plain and stupid looking. angels are sexy and fast as hell. also the angels just is much nicer. and if you don't lube your gun every time you play you will have problems. unless you shoot like no paint. while you don't have to, its much better to do so.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:46 PM #34
natedgg
Back Blocks Rule

well if you appreciate you gun and even give a **** about it then you would have no problem taking out the bolt and lubing it every once in a while, besides if your shocker breaks 99% of the time you can fix it yourself, with an angel about 90% of the time they dont break but if they do, OMFG your ****ED better have someone to let u borrow a gun. oh and the ugly part , u must be smoking some very killer weed cause shockers are small, light, and fast.what more to ask for.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:53 PM #35
natedgg
Back Blocks Rule

but if i had an 05 speed instead of a shocker i probably would feel like the others the speed was my second choice for buying a new gun but i have a cocker so i wanted to go light so if you like to know how your gun works and like to take care of it go for the shocker, but if your lazy(i am too)and you just want to shoot and put your gun back into your bag and dont really care how it works then go 05 speed, if i had the money to buy a speed i would pick one up so its really up to you.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:33 PM #36
BigDep

shockers are very simple guns, i will give them that, i had one, it didn't break a whole lot, only the manifold was total ****, but thats easily replaceable, i just really like angels. but shockers are good to, i would skip the 05 speed if you got the cash and get a a4 fly
Old 08-15-2005, 05:44 PM #37
Charltons Trix
-HK support-

ok, ive heard some pretty stupid things in this thread
1) dont get a shocker just cas dynasty shoots them.. didnt dynasty use to shoot angels? angels IMO are kinda' noob guns, little kids who are spoiled are 9/10 gonna get a newer model angel cas they wanna get into paintball cas its the ''cool thing to do'' and all they know is angel
2) spool valves are a pain to keep up? .. theres nothing hard to keep up with a spool valve? lube it from time to time and replace an o-ring once or twice in a long time? ive had my shocker half a year and only 1 o-ring has gona bad in it and it was my fault.. if your that lazy to lube your gun from time to time, you shouldnt be playing paintball, you should be playing counter strike in the clothes youve been wearing for 3 weeks..
3)SmartParts are Nazi's? i think not, there good ppl, my friends impulse went down and they fixed it for him and sent it back to him in no time..
4) angels triggers are easily adjustable?? WHO CARES.. it takes like.. 30 seconds to adjust your trigger on the shocker, and once its done, your done.. a 1 or 2 time thing..
5)breakbeam eyes? ive yet to chop a ball in my shocker.. ever. and to say that bounce beam eye is worthless? looks like my vision is working great and so far its seen every paint texture/color/ect. that i have put in it.

and now my INput on what i think..

*angels dont hold value like PL shockers do
*PL shockers 9/10 have lifetime warrenty.
*shockers are some of the hottest markers out, i do admit newer angels look good, but not many guns can hold a candle to a ST shocker.
*shockers can keep up with an angel NO PROBLEM
*shockers are wayyy smaller, lighter, and are perfect for any position
*angels are a bit bulky IMO, but there fast and look good.. its all personel Pref.
*DM4s,5,C's and protos along with shockers are probly some of THE best guns out..
*yes, smartparts guns do go down from time to time, but if you do your research, its lazy ppl who dont feel like putting a small ammount of effort forth to keep there gun in working order..
* shockers are simple guns with great software.. and if a shocker messes up its extremely easy to fix, like an o-ring, or somthing small and inexpensive, and if you keep your gun in good working order, it wont happen.. who cares about Orings, there inexpensive and i have a huge pack of them, if you have a problem with one, and are to cheap to buy one for 14Cents, then IM me and i'll send you one for free

shockers are great guns, angels are too, but i would take a PL shocker over an 05 speed ANYDAY.. expecially a ST,or a dark, and you will have NO PROBLEM trading it if you wish to..

Last edited by Charltons Trix : 08-15-2005 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:31 PM #38
mcdizzal07
Gadzooks!

mcdizzal07 is a Supporting Member
I love my shocker to death and wouldn't reccomend any other gun. I too have had mine for a long time and all I've done was lubed the hell out of it after every day of play and made sure it was clean every time. are angels good? they're all right. the higher end pl angels like the JD fly is probably the best angel out there but far too many times have I actually seen an angel go down before a shocker has. If you are a recballer why not get an ion since you'll fit in more with the rec baller crowd now. or better yet, go with one of those new promasters for under 400 bucks. as with almost every friggin vs. threads it is all in your preference. go to the shop hold both, see what you like, ask to shoot, win.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:36 PM #39
Dilly man 2
RHCP fan

i love my angel
VERY low Maintenance!
besides, once you get into the high end guns, its doesnt matter if one can shoot 5bps faster than the other, or if one gets 100 extra shots per fill.

go with one that wont give you shat and break down when you need it to work, go with one that you like
Old 08-16-2005, 10:03 PM #40
PB-N-FL

i went from dm3 to shocker to freestyle to dm4...back to.....shocker. they are just too sexy to turn down, especially dark or shocktech. to be fair ive never owned a newer angel, but my friend had one and let me shoot it. was nice, but not nicer than the shocker to me.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:12 AM #41
!dyeboy!

no doubt dark shocker!
Old 08-17-2005, 12:42 PM #42
The Shocker Rocker

i changed my mind, get a shocker
609 boys by bradbphoto.com
Closed Thread