PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-18-2004, 09:51 AM #64
XTRMelite

has been a member for 10 years
$10.00 for parking! No extra T.L.C. because of my V.I.P. and no one is kissing my butt .. What a bunch of Bozos.
The best view was when you first walked in. Next time do your homework and quit your crying!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2004, 01:06 PM #65
DarthAlan
I can help

DarthAlan is a Supporting Member
DarthAlan posts videos on PbNation
DarthAlan has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally posted by XTRMelite
Next time do your homework and quit your crying!
How does one do homework when they purchase tickets on Ticketmaster a month in advance? Now quit yourself.
Old 11-18-2004, 05:40 PM #66
ajdx1000
GnarKill

ajdx1000 is a Supporting Member
I walked into VIP. The big black guy just looked up at me and didnt say anything. I did this around 5 times on Saturday, walked in, walked out, and I only got haggled once, and I still got in that time.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 11-18-2004, 07:37 PM #67
berner9

berner9 is a Supporting Member
guys if paintball is gonna grow as a sport and become spectator freindly this is not a good starting point. little things like that make the whole event bad. its just like flying in an airplane. the fat person sits next to you and it ruins the whole flight.
Old 11-19-2004, 03:08 AM #68
ajdx1000
GnarKill

Eh. You talk about the image of paintball and make fun of fat people? Real smooth. While youre at it, why dont you say its just like getting in a taxi with a middle eastern driver, or eating at kfc with an african american group sitting next to you. If you had just left it to your first part it would have been completely legit. Please keep your ignorance to yourself.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 11-19-2004, 09:29 AM #69
berner9

berner9 is a Supporting Member
i don't have any problem with over weight people. couple of good friends are over weight. not intended to make fun of people.

im guessing your fat according to your sig.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:32 AM #70
RedRat
$$$$$$$$

i may not be a fatass but i am "overweight" but personaly i think im damn sexy.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:41 AM #71
XTRMelite

RedRat best picture on P.B. Nation...... fo sure.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:46 PM #72
MayhemPaintball
I rep the C.H.I

Quote:
Originally posted by zero skillet
Moron.....that may apply to people that didnt pay. But last time I heard...the guys complaining paid, asshat.

Also its because of idiots like you that the sport is gonn stay were it is. People are always excusing events with stupid reasons. Im sorry but any of my hockey tournaments are atleast 3X better than these crappy events that paintball promoters host. That is sad...Im sorry but they should be more capable than a freaking hockey tournament which only has like 15 teams max.
hey, asshat, its people like me who actually do something to allow the sport to grow. Back home, at badlandz, at the end of the day the really really young teams were the only people remaining, trying to make every dollar count. By then, all the teams we normally played against like shock and thunderstruck were gone, so instead of packing up and leaving, we would run drills and scrims down players with these kids to help train them. Here at ASU, we've adopted a young guns team, to try and get high schools around here to make a league and help train the kids to become the ballers they all should be.

oh, asshat, asshat asshat asshat... oh sorry i was so impressed with your insult that i had to keep saying it to sound cool

anyway, asshat, did you notice by any chance recently that hockey has a lot more funding and outside sponsors than paintball? When car companies and large corporations like miller and budweiser pay to put hockey on tv, in stadiums MADE FOR YOUR SPORT, its a little easier to rag on paintball like yourself in comparison. Think about what i was saying before you try to diss me.

what i was TRYING to say is we need more outside sponsors, and eventually when we dont have to use other sports venues and set up fields on a concrete parking lot we might have room to improve VIP and it would be worth the small fee you pay for a box seat.

asshat

BUY MY LEGACY STUFF! PM ME FOR MORE INFO
CUSTOM LEGACY DIGI DESERT CAMO HEADBAND FS!
847 312 708

FTS FOR LIFE
Olive DM6 for sale! LEGACY TEAM GAT!!!! email me trevorpage@comcast.net if interested
Old 11-19-2004, 01:56 PM #73
ajdx1000
GnarKill

Berner: Im 6'8", 295. Im chubby. I have more problems with my height than I do with my fat. I just take offense to ignorance.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 11-19-2004, 02:30 PM #74
pony5oh

Its another ounce to the bounce baby!
Old 11-19-2004, 02:48 PM #75
ShortStroke
*925* Word.

Mayhem I think we was talking about hockey below "Professional" level, like High school or College. Some of those, which barely have sponsors, are really really nice and well worth the cost of getting there.

My Feedback
Old 11-19-2004, 06:27 PM #76
DarthAlan
I can help

Quote:
Originally posted by MayhemPaintball

what i was TRYING to say is we need more outside sponsors, and eventually when we dont have to use other sports venues and set up fields on a concrete parking lot we might have room to improve VIP and it would be worth the small fee you pay for a box seat.

asshat
You first have to proove to sponsors that you have the capability to put on a show that people will love. Imagine if I was in VIP, it sucked, and all I saw was Budweiser posters everywhere. I would have a worse impression of Budweiser as a sponsor of such a lousy event.
Improved events will beget improved sponsors. It will not occur in the other direction.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:25 PM #77
Ripped2Shreds (Banned)
Anemone

Quote:
Originally posted by Crimez
i had v.i.p too piece of ****.

only good thing was the free bawls.

werd
Old 11-22-2004, 12:37 AM #78
MayhemPaintball
I rep the C.H.I

Quote:
Originally posted by DarthAlan
You first have to proove to sponsors that you have the capability to put on a show that people will love. Imagine if I was in VIP, it sucked, and all I saw was Budweiser posters everywhere. I would have a worse impression of Budweiser as a sponsor of such a lousy event.
Improved events will beget improved sponsors. It will not occur in the other direction.

not if the sponsors gave money to improve venues.. are you guys getting this at all?

oh and about the high school and college vip, yeah, i bet they serve better alcohol with better service. oh wait, vip at a high school or college level in most main stream sports doesnt allow alcohol to be sold at their events. ie college football, anything high school. and what, they build sky boxes or nicer areas for VIP to watch HIGH SCHOOL hockey... im sure

BUY MY LEGACY STUFF! PM ME FOR MORE INFO
CUSTOM LEGACY DIGI DESERT CAMO HEADBAND FS!
847 312 708

FTS FOR LIFE
Olive DM6 for sale! LEGACY TEAM GAT!!!! email me trevorpage@comcast.net if interested
Old 11-22-2004, 12:02 PM #79
DarthAlan
I can help

OK. So the President of Pure Promotions finally got back to me. He apologized and thanked me for the criticism. He promised to make te venues next year better by putting the DJ booth and other stuff behind VIP. He said that they will make sure that they have good food.

He also offered me tickets to next year's Cup VIP and promised that it would be great. Not a bad responce. I did not get my money back, but at least he did reconize that I exist and did offer some consolation.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:04 PM #80
THE MENACE
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DarthAlan
OK. So the President of Pure Promotions finally got back to me. He apologized and thanked me for the criticism. He promised to make te venues next year better by putting the DJ booth and other stuff behind VIP. He said that they will make sure that they have good food.

He also offered me tickets to next year's Cup VIP and promised that it would be great. Not a bad responce. I did not get my money back, but at least he did reconize that I exist and did offer some consolation.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:31 PM #81
gyroscope

gyroscope is a Supporting Member
gyroscope supports Bob Gurnsey
DarthAlan, that's cool. I can't believe that people were ragging on you for getting ripped off. You are the only cash paying paintball fan I am aware of. People oughta at least show some respect.

Dirt Products Anodizing