PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-15-2004, 06:00 PM #1
PaintMan33

has been a member for 10 years
Feedback On The Nppl Event

so how did u guys like it? maybe this might help the NPPL dudes to see what to do better or what not to do to make the next NPPL worth going too..thats if they NPPL guys come look at this though lol

my input i thought it was pretty cool but yeah the VIP wasnt too great of being "VIP" but i got hooked up to get in there so that was pretty cool the grandstand view was good..camlots of trash seemed to be everywhere but the janitors e to clean it up by the time i came back to the same spot so that was cool lots of stickers posters all that good stuff ..anyone know why it was kinda wet\little muddy in some places? overall it was fun liked it a lot and i wanna go to hungnington beach next year
*might edit some more or add things in if i remember what i did saturday*

Well POST AWAY!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2004, 07:05 PM #2
Presto333
Live The Life

Presto333 plays in the PSP
NPPL was awesome. Got into all the places, player's area, VIP, everything. it was ****in awesome. We met all the players from Arsenal to Max from Joy Division. I got my gun signed by Max, his bro Alex from NYX, Owen from the angel vids, and God Himself Rocky Cagnoni. I had the besty time, if someone that reads this hasn't been to one of these events i would highly recommend it. Even if u can't get into all the places it was still awesome.

Edit: and to answer ur question of y it was a little wet, cause it rained during the night so sunday was a little wet in some areas.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:58 PM #3
b1ubb3r (Banned)
theFuture.

NPPL was fun, I only got to go to finals, but it was still fun. I loved how XSV and Ironmen started throwing there stuff into the crowd. I caught one a barrel from XSV after they lost. Almost caught a shirt but some big guy next to me started swinging. I had a good time, crazy finals, I hope next time I could play. Great event.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:39 PM #4
rT159
BlackOps

Quote:
Originally posted by Presto333
and God Himself Rocky Cagnoni.
like....0MgZ0rs, Rocky used My Swab!
Old 11-16-2004, 09:50 PM #5
Presto333
Live The Life

Quote:
Originally posted by rT159
like....0MgZ0rs, Rocky used My Swab!
ur just jealous cause i met him and actually had a convo with him, while u were stuck watching the NPPL over the PBN webcams.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:13 PM #6
rT159
BlackOps

yea, i watched teh webcams at home and placed 5th in div 3 at the same time....
Old 11-16-2004, 10:21 PM #7
Presto333
Live The Life

Quote:
yea, i watched teh webcams at home and placed 5th in div 3 at the same time....
wut team were u playing on?
Old 11-16-2004, 10:21 PM #8
rT159
BlackOps

paintball hq factory
Old 11-16-2004, 10:22 PM #9
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel

TzeentchianGod is a Supporting Member
TzeentchianGod supports Cereal Killerz 2
You have to admit, Rocky is a super cool guy.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:25 PM #10
Presto333
Live The Life

Quote:
paintball hq factory
i think i might have seen u guys play on the NPPL field, i dunno though. And ya, rocky is super chill. all the players were real kool.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:28 PM #11
rT159
BlackOps

Rusty Glaze was HELLA cool. Talked to his dad for awhile also. Really nice people.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:29 PM #12
-=FLiP=-[Manila3la]
G-no

-=FLiP=-[Manila3la] is a Professional paintball player
-=FLiP=-[Manila3la] plays in the USPL
-=FLiP=-[Manila3la] plays in the PSP
-=FLiP=-[Manila3la] posts videos on PbNation
as one of my teamates stated...

7man was about 6 minutes of actual game time and about 8 hours of waiting time....

xball>7man
INFAMOUS #20
JACKSONVILLE RAIDERS #20
VICIOUS #00

G B 2 0 D E S I G N S
PAINTBALL ADVENTURES PARK - EXALT - STYLE SUPPLY
Old 11-17-2004, 12:46 AM #13
islandboi
LEGEND

yea good event hope they have it here again next year
Old 11-17-2004, 12:48 AM #14
WDP Loyalist
So Cal gone German.

WDP Loyalist is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Presto333
NPPL was awesome. Got into all the places, player's area, VIP, everything. it was ****in awesome. We met all the players from Arsenal to Max from Joy Division. I got my gun signed by Max, his bro Alex from NYX, Owen from the angel vids, and God Himself Rocky Cagnoni. I had the besty time, if someone that reads this hasn't been to one of these events i would highly recommend it. Even if u can't get into all the places it was still awesome.

Edit: and to answer ur question of y it was a little wet, cause it rained during the night so sunday was a little wet in some areas.
Word..me too..

I got on the fields though..you didn't
Old 11-17-2004, 04:44 PM #15
Presto333
Live The Life

Quote:
Originally posted by WDP Loyalist
Word..me too..

I got on the fields though..you didn't
i could've, but i was happy just being able to get into the players area. I didn't have a camera anyway.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:02 PM #16
Justin Mason
www.ProPaintball.com

Justin Mason is an NCPA National Champion
Likes: In california, lots of venders, grand stands. Near freeways. Tons of sluee's!

Dislikes: HB was a better event, better location. Too hot, sitting on asphalt all day was like..wonderful (sunday).

[RANT]Honestly though, if you are going to have a season closer for the professional paintball league at a stadium ..TRY AND HAVE IT IN THE STADIUM. Next to it with the excuse of "we wanted people on the freeway to see it" is a nono. Baseball is a great sport and its in the stadium. How about inside and a banner ad outside or some balloons or something. How about who cares about the freeways they are going too fast to see us anyhow.[/RANT]

Ways to make the event better:
  • More Grandstands.
  • Equal focus on Games & Venders, not just 80% venders 20% games.
  • Not having to pay for parking might be a perk for curious people. That would kill it for me if I had no clue what I was going to see.
  • Inside a stadium or a better non-parking lot location.
  • Better VIP setup, where was the food?
  • Grand stands or more stands for spectators. Look, a rectangle has four sides. One side is used for Cameras, Announcers sure, but two other sides had prime space for bleechers and no seats. People stood and kneeled.
  • Chuck Hendsch & Co being more open to suggestions (nppl.tv/suggestions maybe?) Give the players a real place for these sorta ideas.
  • Maybe a big tent over the bleechers/grandstands. Put the people in the shade rather then sun.
  • Less of a maze to the fields. Make the fields and players priority 1, the venders 2. This is a players event/year long finale.
  • Maybe a speaker technician can setup the speakers properly next time, when they are so loud they stop working every so often..thats not a good sign. Not for the speakers or for the not so lucky group of front row seating.
Surround sound that sorta stuff.

Great event though, after seeing HB/Denver I think my hopes went through the roof.

Good luck with 2005 season!

ps: Maybe everyone with likes/dislikes/suggestions should email here: customerservices@nppl.tv

Last edited by Justin Mason : 11-17-2004 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:18 PM #17
Presto333
Live The Life

they couldn't put it in the stadium. All the trash and everything, they would tear up the field, it would just be way too much bad stuff. Considering that the chargers r playing football there the next weekend.

and qualcomm prob wouldn't have allowed it to be in the stadium anyway.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:20 PM #18
C_lawgik
Till they all come home

C_lawgik is a Supporting Member
I think it was a pretty good event. But having to go loook for the fields everywhere kinda sucked. If the NPPLis trying to form a family event then why are they and the vendors playign music with excessive swearing? Overall It was a good event.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:48 PM #19
rossmunford
NaUgHtY DoG tImMy #1

Quote:
Originally posted by C_lawgik
If the NPPLis trying to form a family event then why are they and the vendors playign music with excessive swearing? Overall It was a good event.
I personaly like the unedited music, I think edit music is worthless, This was overall a GREAT event, Your gonna hear swearing no matter what so there is no need to enforce to make it stop cause it never will, The only place they should be concerd about swearing is in Utah, And no events are there so stop tryin to stop the swearing and let play paintball
Old 11-18-2004, 09:42 AM #20
THE MENACE
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin Mason
Likes: In california, lots of venders, grand stands. Near freeways. Tons of sluee's!

Dislikes: HB was a better event, better location. Too hot, sitting on asphalt all day was like..wonderful (sunday).

[RANT]Honestly though, if you are going to have a season closer for the professional paintball league at a stadium ..TRY AND HAVE IT IN THE STADIUM. Next to it with the excuse of "we wanted people on the freeway to see it" is a nono. Baseball is a great sport and its in the stadium. How about inside and a banner ad outside or some balloons or something. How about who cares about the freeways they are going too fast to see us anyhow.[/RANT]

Ways to make the event better:
  • More Grandstands.
  • Equal focus on Games & Venders, not just 80% venders 20% games.
  • Not having to pay for parking might be a perk for curious people. That would kill it for me if I had no clue what I was going to see.
  • Inside a stadium or a better non-parking lot location.
  • Better VIP setup, where was the food?
  • Grand stands or more stands for spectators. Look, a rectangle has four sides. One side is used for Cameras, Announcers sure, but two other sides had prime space for bleechers and no seats. People stood and kneeled.
  • Chuck Hendsch & Co being more open to suggestions (nppl.tv/suggestions maybe?) Give the players a real place for these sorta ideas.
  • Maybe a big tent over the bleechers/grandstands. Put the people in the shade rather then sun.
  • Less of a maze to the fields. Make the fields and players priority 1, the venders 2. This is a players event/year long finale.
  • Maybe a speaker technician can setup the speakers properly next time, when they are so loud they stop working every so often..thats not a good sign. Not for the speakers or for the not so lucky group of front row seating.
Surround sound that sorta stuff.

Great event though, after seeing HB/Denver I think my hopes went through the roof.

Good luck with 2005 season!

ps: Maybe everyone with likes/dislikes/suggestions should email here: customerservices@nppl.tv
Excellent.
Someone that actually has something smart to say. I completely agree. Too much focus on the vendors and not enough on the fields. All the fields should have been pretty much side by side, and bleachers on 3 of the 4 sides (on every field).

Good post Justin.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:12 PM #21
DarthAlan
I can help

DarthAlan is a Supporting Member
DarthAlan posts videos on PbNation
DarthAlan has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=714269 My comments on VIP

More: The granstands were dirty. They should try cleaning them in the morning, so you dont end up with a brown ***.
Announcers were lame
The Rocky Cagnoni thing where the DJ kept pumping him up to throw like 3 free shirts into the crow was annoying, expecially becasue it was obviously Rocky's idea to get his name out there.