PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-15-2004, 11:52 AM #1
pb2005
www.PaintballFury.net

has been a member for 10 years
Thumbs up How Did Most Of The Local Socal Teams Do??

I HEARD THAT THERE WAS ONLY A FEW THAT ACTUALLY MADE IT TO THE QUARTERS AND A FEW FELL JUST SHORT> GOOD JOB TO ALL SOCAL TEAMS!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2004, 01:12 PM #2
mradicto

all i know is that kgb sucked. they won their very first game but that was it. they had ramping guns. almost got a D.Q. their "front" palyers suck becaude they never went past the 40 on all the games that i saw
they just got to their bunkers off the break and just sat there like a bunch of rec-ballers. and the team captin wipes and palys on. lets just say it was a pathetic waste of time and money on their part.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:45 PM #3
WDP Loyalist
So Cal gone German.

WDP Loyalist is a Supporting Member
Div III Vengeance did good.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:15 PM #4
legion2
Nik Von Beats

DIV III LEGION MOB. we got rolled, lost all of our games but beat EXIDUS kids our last game of the event. we rocked the coin tosses though. i think that we won two or three of those!!! it was a good event, our first NPPL, hopefully we will do better at HB!
Old 11-15-2004, 02:24 PM #5
pony5oh

"Last Minute" got tenth, playd on sunday.
Didnt KGM used to be Envy?
Old 11-15-2004, 04:32 PM #6
kevine
aka "angrychinaman"

KGB has some former Envy players. I saw them tear up one team, that may be the game "mradicto" is talking about. After seeing that game, I would have thought they would have done well.

My team (SC Venom) didn't do that well. Only won two games (against TX Nitro and Hard Eight). We should have won at least two others, but some stupid mistakes and bad ref calls didn't help.

But, WE HAD FUN! It was great to hang with my buddies, see a bunch of other friends at the event (playing and spectating) and just hanging out! Plus, all the free stuff ain't bad either!
www.infinitylegend.com
Long live Cobra Paintball
SC Venom for life; go "Chubby Chasers"
"...the Angry Chinaman", rocking the Canon DSLR..."smile"
Old 11-15-2004, 05:40 PM #7
EastAl
[]D [] []V[] []D [] []\[]

EastAl is a Supporting Member
I went to watch Mob play, and missed all the games but the last two.
I was the tard on the sidelines yelling "LET'S GO MOB!!!"
Your last game was great though, you rocked those guys!!!

Latre,
Al

Originally posted by Huntero:
This thread is like taking a ride on the roflcopter..

No regret, no remorse, no reason... only madness.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:07 PM #8
toad526
Legion MOB 4 Life

toad526 is a Supporting Member
Thanks Al...that was the only game the guys actually moved...hehehe...to see the heavy set back guys actually make the 50 was great....

Props to my boys from MOB...you learned from your mistakes...

Al, let Robbo know the next time you want to set up some scrims...

l8tr

my feedback http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post22320697
*SPONSORS*MVP Paintball, www.square1paintball.com www.chrono300.com
www.tikipaintball.com www.katspix.com
Old 11-15-2004, 06:10 PM #9
RenegadeLegion4
F8 and be there!-Photomob

RenegadeLegion4 is a Paintball photographer
RenegadeLegion4 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally posted by legion2
DIV III LEGION MOB. we got rolled, lost all of our games but beat EXIDUS kids our last game of the event. we rocked the coin tosses though. i think that we won two or three of those!!! it was a good event, our first NPPL, hopefully we will do better at HB!
Nick... I don't think we got "rolled"... we took 3-6 players every game... we won one against another good so cal team, exodus kids. We weren't communicating that well, made some mistakes: a few bad 1 for 1 penalties, had a player pulled for having his marker up and back for the 10-second count-down, playing on when we thought we weren't hit, ect... just some dumb stuff that we were not sure how the rules worked. Now we know for next year.

Quote:
Originally posted by EastAl
I went to watch Mob play, and missed all the games but the last two.
I was the tard on the sidelines yelling "LET'S GO MOB!!!"
Your last game was great though, you rocked those guys!!!

Latre,
Al
Al... I heard you brotha!!! I was laughing... there was actually someone other than family cheering us on!!! lol. Thanks for coming out! We'll see you at the fields!

Quote:
Originally posted by toad526
Thanks Al...that was the only game the guys actually moved...hehehe...to see the heavy set back guys actually make the 50 was great....

Props to my boys from MOB...you learned from your mistakes...

Al, let Robbo know the next time you want to set up some scrims...

l8tr
Todd... that's cold brotha... my big @$$ was runnin the 50 or the snake-side every game!!!
Legion MOB : TIL I DIE Feedback
Old 11-15-2004, 07:07 PM #10
Ag-Ryan (Banned)

my team, uprising, was making bad mistakes throughout the tournament due to lack of practice, teamwork. we went like 3-5, the games we won were only by a body or two.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:08 PM #11
toad526
Legion MOB 4 Life

toad526 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by RenegadeLegion4

Todd... that's cold brotha... my big @$$ was runnin the 50 or the snake-side every game!!!

hahah...Robbo, you've turned into a skinny man this last year...I was referring to Ryan on that last game..hehehe...plus, you're not heavy set..ur just big boned..hehehe..

my feedback http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post22320697
*SPONSORS*MVP Paintball, www.square1paintball.com www.chrono300.com
www.tikipaintball.com www.katspix.com
Old 11-15-2004, 07:26 PM #12
Anadrol
10+ yrs in Paintball

Anadrol is a Supporting Member
Anadrol donated to help Peyton Trent
Anadrol helped look for balloons
Kevine thank you very much for all your support and help in the months that have passed to influence us to make our team a very possitive and fun experience. S.C. Venom did some amazing moves out there and it was awesome to see you guys on the field as always. yes that first game was awesome and left us on way way too confident high as we swept them very fast.

KGB got alot of compliments on how we played. We played against the #1 pro team that won the event and Mike Paxston from "The Men" complimented us on how we surprised them and held them down until they cashed in on our mistakes. Alot of problems at nigt with being able to see with the cold weather and the vForce that are not supposed to have fogged on us but they did. Saturday morning we were planning on playing our hearst our and it simply did not happen with the rain and the mood and level of energy. The rest of the Saturday events were played for all out fun and experience. I loved every minute and learned alot and the NPPL did an awesome job in pulling out all emmotions in all of us , good, bad, and everything inbetween with the quality of teams out there kicking alot of good high end team's butts. I had it as a lock down for Mox Nix to take it and they did not, same with Dynasty or possibly XSV, and event Organized Chaos going home packing ... on a scale of 1 - 10 this event was a 10+

We DID NOT have ramping guns, took our guns over to the robot on the first game and he took our gunn through the ringger including opening t up to make sure all was was legal and it was. So before you speak make sure you are informed.

We played hard and with alot of heart. All of our players did well and used this as a learning experience. Thank you though for wanting us to do better and having that much interest in us and our standings and how we spend MY money. If you feel you can help us improve or you think you have something useful then commit as much time making the sport and teams better by putting as much time, effort, money, life and blood ad I and our team does with those around us.

About playing on and cheating and wipping come on down to Velocity any time bring as many refs as you want play me one on one and or train with us and shoot, I will even pay your paint and air and fees and see what is what. Here is my information 877-895-7048. I am more than happy to prove you wrong and learn from what seemd to be a person who likes what we have doing up to now and simply hated seeing us do bad after all we did to get there....

Sweet Sports Entertainment
Rick Sesman - CFO
Team KGB

Quote:
Originally posted by mradicto
all i know is that kgb sucked. they won their very first game but that was it. they had ramping guns. almost got a D.Q. their "front" palyers suck becaude they never went past the 40 on all the games that i saw
they just got to their bunkers off the break and just sat there like a bunch of rec-ballers. and the team captin wipes and palys on. lets just say it was a pathetic waste of time and money on their part.

Last edited by Anadrol : 11-15-2004 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:02 PM #13
sdramones
Full Contact Chess Champ

sdramones is a Supporting Member
Congrats Legion Mob on the great First NNPL tourney!!!!

- Sean
Old 11-16-2004, 11:15 AM #14
EastAl

Hey Rob,
It was great seeing you guys out there! Cory and I talked about how cool it would have been to play an event of that caliber, we'll probably play at least one NPPL event next season. But, for the most part we'll stick to XPSL and BITW events.
We'll be playing a 3man at Adrenaline this weekend, for ****s and giggles if you guys want to come out.

Al

Old 11-16-2004, 11:16 PM #15
RenegadeLegion4

Quote:
Originally posted by EastAl
Hey Rob,
It was great seeing you guys out there! Cory and I talked about how cool it would have been to play an event of that caliber, we'll probably play at least one NPPL event next season. But, for the most part we'll stick to XPSL and BITW events.
We'll be playing a 3man at Adrenaline this weekend, for ****s and giggles if you guys want to come out.

Al
Al... wish I could make it out to Adrenaline to see you guys... good luck! You playin Cal Jam?

Quote:
Originally posted by sdramones
Congrats Legion Mob on the great First NNPL tourney!!!!

- Sean
Thanks Sean! The MOB's really appreciative of your support!!! Buy from Hobbyhaus.com!!!
Old 11-16-2004, 11:37 PM #16
TeamXodus
RU$$IAN A$$A$$IN

LA Exodus made it to Quarters we went 6 and 2 in the prelims and beat our proteam Icemen. We won a quarter finals game against dedicated paintball; and lost to STP Severe and Invasion. It was a fun tournament I look forward to next season.
Stoned Assassins
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3253653 SPLAT KIDS INFINITY LEGEND PACKAGE
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post53626995 Grillz For Sale
Old 11-17-2004, 11:26 AM #17
EastAl

Rob,
We'll probably go to CalJam to hang out and watch games, but we're not going to play. We've got some things going on right before CalJam that won't allow us to play.

Al

Old 11-17-2004, 02:29 PM #18
Takedown

Takedown is a Supporting Member
Takedown is a Professional paintball player
Takedown is attending Decay of Nations VI
ACI Splat Factory went 7 - 1 in the prelims losing to Bob Long's Ironmen. In the quarters we went 2 - 1 losing to Deadbox Factory and beating MOD and SNL Hustlers. The team just needs to get over the quarter finals hump and we'll be ok. This is two events in a row where we needed 3 wins to get through Quarter Finals, it's not easy!
Old 11-17-2004, 06:49 PM #19
RenegadeLegion4

Quote:
Originally posted by Takedown
ACI Splat Factory went 7 - 1 in the prelims losing to Bob Long's Ironmen. In the quarters we went 2 - 1 losing to Deadbox Factory and beating MOD and SNL Hustlers. The team just needs to get over the quarter finals hump and we'll be ok. This is two events in a row where we needed 3 wins to get through Quarter Finals, it's not easy!
Congrats ACI!!!

Al... we'll be playing on Sunday in the 7-man, rookie. Come on out!!!
Old 11-17-2004, 11:04 PM #20
SoCaLsTuDmUfFiN

uprising won 3 games and just went sorta downhill on saturday, beat our div II game, got some compliments against tx storm which was a tough game and ended up 38 ...not toooo bad for our first nppl event after 3 weeks practice :-/ look out for us in huntington
DM3 (f/s)
Old 11-18-2004, 01:19 AM #21
ExileFNTMan

Rick, you guys did great for playing such good teams and it was nice seeing you all there and come on guys lighten up on KGB they are a great team. and they dont have cheater guns how can it be illegal if rebound is off? and it is almost impossible to find the sweetspot on a nerve. so yes "before you speak make sure you are informed"