PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-14-2004, 11:51 PM #22
bonebrake bushy
^I Lane For SDI^

has been a member for 10 years
haha yea nexus paid Rl to play as them haah and at the end of the game when they beat XEV they took off the empire jersuys and they have the RL ones on it was funny

Evolve Bolt Kit,AdvantagePB Virtue Chip...coming soon

*San Diego Insanity* Owning Foo's

San Diego Legacy Fan Member #20
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2004, 12:15 AM #23
R0ughR1der2
In Memory Of Peter Nguyen

yeah it is sort of sad... i don't know what they are planning on doing even if they made the pro cut. stick with the same guys and train them harder of get a whole new set of guys...?

Feedbacks:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=268975

*Be like water, its the softies stuff in the world. It can fit into any container. Its seems weak, But it hits like a rock. Be like the nature of water. -Bruce Lee
Old 11-15-2004, 12:44 AM #24
||AA||Spyder
|| Paintball = <3 ||

||AA||Spyder is a Supporting Member
I was confused all damn day of finals...... Nexus using Empire Jerseys and Timmys, The Men V.S. Ironmen, Infamous NOT WINNING?!?!?!?!

This whole day was just kinda stupid. Then on top of that the VIP area wasn't actually VIP considering anyone could just walk in, and that made all the people (like me) who just got hooked up with free passes had to sit with anyone with the brain capacity to find the VIP lounge. But I got to kick it with allot of pros and got some good shots so I'm good for the day. The hotel partys rocked by the way......

E-Bay Feedback (26 Good - 0 Bad) = http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...chevyssarsenal

PBNation Feedback (35 Good - 1 Bad) = http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=460133
Old 11-15-2004, 01:00 AM #25
R3MY
MCMLXXXVII

R3MY is a Supporting Member
R3MY owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
R3MY supports Team VICIOUS
R3MY plays in the APPA D4 division
was it Nexus wearin empire, or RL weain dye. 'cuz on FON the russians r wearin dye. im confused...

Feedback
Old 11-15-2004, 01:39 AM #26
str8addicted (Banned)
I Kill for Drama

Nexus=RL which was wearing Empire
Old 11-15-2004, 04:44 AM #27
drhp
Färgboll bäbis

Annual Supporting Member
drhp is a founding member
drhp owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally posted by str8addicted
Nexus=RL which was wearing Empire

Last edited by drhp : 11-15-2004 at 04:47 AM.
Old 11-15-2004, 05:43 AM #28
TrailOfDead

Tommy Gun Pemberton and Jamie Abbot from Nexus, plus a bunch of Russians.

Oh, and the rumor about robo selling the nexus name and spot to sergei - guess again.

Nexus is dropping xball to focus on 7-man and is training hard thru the winter to get back to where they were in 2003 after a poor season.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:10 AM #29
givemeagat

i watched 5 "NEXUS" games, not includeing semis. All five of the games were over with in a minute 30, four of them being over with in about 30sec. I cant wait to see the russians, when they are accually get used to playing 7 man its easy to tell that there an X-ball team. There pretty sick.

Captn Carls Factory, 11th D-2 first event, EVER! ha still underground
Old 11-15-2004, 10:47 AM #30
weedave

Old 11-15-2004, 10:54 AM #31
jzizzle17
Luke 1:37

jzizzle17 plays in the APPA D4 division
jzizzle17 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ya, it was wierd, when i was @ the XSV-Nexus game in the finals after Nexus won i looked away for a minute and when i looked back there were all these RL jerseys running around the field!! lol it was gr8
"Originally posted by Deimus85:
rad zadler = aggler totally stagg."
Coming out of retirement!!
Old 11-15-2004, 11:52 AM #32
Robbo
I've won the lot!

Robbo is a Supporting Member
Robbo supports Bob Gurnsey
Just to clear things up

I am not going to sell Nexus to anybody, I wouldn't do that to my guys !
And the reason I asked Sergey to help me out was this, we played pretty well last year (our first year together) and ended up ranking 7th pro at end of year which ain't bad really for a bunch of guys who were previously predominantly ams and novices.
So this year we played not as well because I had decided (like a fool) to shift the training emphasis over to scrimmaging against other UK teams when all along we should have played inhouse paintball and drilled, just like we did last year.
As soon as I relaised the mistake, we started to put it right.
The problem was, since San Diego was such a huge tourney with soo many pro teams, I was left to make a choice, did I wanna risk the toss of a coin, or a bad call (which could put any team out of the Sunday Club in such a tourney) or should I ask somebody to help out.
I needed a Sunday club placing to make sure we would get thru.
At this tourney, there were so many pro teams who were just coming for the hell of it and had no chance of getting into the last 18 for next year and didn't want to but they could easily pinch a Sunday Club spot from us.
That coupled with some Johnny Come Latelys who shouldn't even be eligible to qualify for next year was making it so damn risky for us.
We (Nexus) decided to play every one of the NPPL's (except one) since it all started last year, it has cost us dearly, over 85,000 dollars to compete Stateside alongside the best teams in the world, I just couln't risk losing my spot for next year just because San Diego was soo artificially laden with pro teams, it just seemed like a no brainer for me.

Other teams all year have had guests playing for them so the precedent was there and I most certainly wasn't breaking any rules.
One of the guys in this thread bought up the point that if we can't hack it in the pros then we shouldn't be there, good point, but we have proved last year we can (the roster hasn't changed that much) and so I do think we can consider oursleves as pro, I just didn't want the team to pay the consequences of my bad decisions.
We don't shoot ramped guns, we train hard, we try to represent England and our sponsors as well we can and we respect all those who play against us.

Sometimes in Paintball, ***** happens, I think most people, if in my position, would do the same if they were honest.
The ones that say they wouldn't, well...maybes they should run for pope
Peace out guys
Robbo

Ex All American, Ex Aftershock and now...... a successful hasbeen :)

Been there, Seen it, Done it, Won it...now it's time to kick back and chill a bit...

Last edited by Robbo : 11-15-2004 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:03 PM #33
AutoMaG

hi

Well put Robbo, I personally would have done the same thing as you did, if the training wasnt thier and u didnt wanna risk the chance thier wasnt really any other options..

Like u said lots of teams have had fill in's, and im sure you guys will come back strong next season just gotta turn yourselves around and show the non believers that you guys can hack pro div.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:08 PM #34
EastAl
[]D [] []V[] []D [] []\[]

EastAl is a Supporting Member
Glad to hear from the source about the sale of the team. I wouldn't fault you either way, I just thought it would have been a good "in" for RL to be able to play NPPL Pro next season. Looks like that won't happen though.
Also, I understood why you got help from the Russians, but didn't know all the circumstances surrounding the decision. Thanks for clearing the air on that! Traditionally you guys have always been a good team, with the excetption of this last season. And there is know reason that you shouldn't be able to stay in the Pro division next year, and you showed that would take the steps needed to keep your spot. But, the question is, with Nexus placing in the top four this weekend(I still haven't heard if they got 3rd or 4th), did that secure your spot in the Pro Division for next season?
Anyways, if you had to pick people to guest for you, you coulnd't have made a better choice than RL! Like I said in another thread, those guys are f'n machines!!! Awesome players to watch, the training definately shows when they hit the field.
Good luck next year!

Latre,
Al

Originally posted by Huntero:
This thread is like taking a ride on the roflcopter..

No regret, no remorse, no reason... only madness.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:13 PM #35
Robbo
I've won the lot!

Quote:
Originally posted by EastAl
But, the question is, with Nexus placing in the top four this weekend(I still haven't heard if they got 3rd or 4th), did that secure your spot in the Pro Division for next season?
Latre,
Al
Yes it did, I am happy to say Nexus will be flying across the pond to go up against you guys for 2005, looking forward to it

Been there, Seen it, Done it, Won it...now it's time to kick back and chill a bit...
Old 11-15-2004, 12:14 PM #36
PK Drew PK
99.9% Killer .1% Allstar

although, with the cut for pro teams like it is, didn't you take the chance from another team who didn't guest the majority of their team out?

I guess it just sounds bad to me because now other teams can't be 'pro' even if they could have earned it.

Add the NoPo Allstars on MySpace!
http://www.myspace.com/nopoallstars
Old 11-15-2004, 12:15 PM #37
EastAl
[]D [] []V[] []D [] []\[]

EastAl is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Yes it did, I am happy to say Nexus will be flying across the pond to go up against you guys for 2005, looking forward to it

btw, you are one big *** dude!!! The first time I saw you in person was at Huntington, and I couldn't believe how big you were! I'd hate to run into you in a dark alley somewhere, and I'm 6' 250lbs!!!

Al

Originally posted by Huntero:
This thread is like taking a ride on the roflcopter..

No regret, no remorse, no reason... only madness.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:29 PM #38
Robbo
I've won the lot!

Quote:
Originally posted by PK Drew PK
although, with the cut for pro teams like it is, didn't you take the chance from another team who didn't guest the majority of their team out?

I guess it just sounds bad to me because now other teams can't be 'pro' even if they could have earned it.
PK if the tourney had represented merely teams who have suported the NPPL and could potentially make the cut for next year then I agree with you 100%, at the same time I would not have done what I did.
I would have relied on my existing roster but this was an extraordinary set of circumstances in San Diego with so many outsiders coming in, and in those circumstances, all of us who were on the fringes (I think we were in 17th place going in) had to do what we had to do, if any of those other teams you mention had the chance of Oli and Ryan playing for them, would they have turned them down?
I don't think so mate.
It was desperate times PK and in desperate times, we sometimes have to do desperate things.
I hated doing it PK believe me, but I didn't break any rules bud.

Old 11-15-2004, 03:53 PM #39
bK4ju
Pain is Pleasure

bK4ju is a Supporting Member
gatta do what ya gatta do, aint nothin left to it.

but if your not cuttin it this coming year, then what? you can't buy a team every year.

"Originally posted by LittleDevilbmxer
...If a dm4 is to heavy fo you maybe you should try shooting a talon, that will better suit you anyways . "
Old 11-15-2004, 04:12 PM #40
jzizzle17

I agree w/ Bk4, if you gotta then you gotta......... but unless you plan on being like Smart Parts and dumping a crap load of Money to buy talent next year, what are you going to do?

(Not ment in a disrespectful way to Nexus or ne one of its members, i have lots of respect for ne one that can play at that level)
Old 11-15-2004, 04:23 PM #41
chinqlinq

chinqlinq plays in the USPL
chinqlinq plays in the PSP
Re: Just to clear things up

Quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
And the reason I asked Sergey to help me out was this, we played pretty well last year (our first year together) and ended up ranking 7th pro at end of year which ain't bad really for a bunch of guys who were previously predominantly ams and novices.

Compare last years Pro list with this years. Especially Commander's Cup. What teams were suppose to be playing Pro? Dynasty and Naughty Dogs? Who else? All the other pro teams that made it into the finals got there like once or twice the whole year. None of them could compete in Pro now. If the all these new pro teams start playing NPPL, the guys like Bushwackers and Tontons will never be back in the finals.
Old 11-15-2004, 04:53 PM #42
jzizzle17

Good point