PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-22-2014, 08:01 PM #1
Porcusheep

Unhappy Help with EM1 repair/rebuild

Hey guys,

I have been doing some research on repairing my EM1 and after countless google searches, I can't find any info. Although I have come across some badass builds... I desperately need your help. I love my EM1 and would like to bring it back from the dead. So here is my story of what happened:

I noticed my EM1 was shooting barely 280FPS even when I had it turned all the way up so I decided to do some research and found how to remove the bolt through an exploded diagram. I removed the bolt and found that it was caked with old paint, figured that this must be the problem and cleaned it. I reassembled just as I took it apart. A couple years go by with it just sitting around in its box as I don't have a way to fill my HPA tank without going to the field to test it. I finally make it out to the field a few months back and I discover that my EM1 is now failing to fire at all. When I pull the trigger, it just makes a light puffing sound internally but other than that, nothing... None of the techs at the field could figure it out.

Do any of you have any advice or any idea what is wrong? Also, what parts are available for me to upgrade? Thanks so much.
Porcusheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-23-2014, 08:48 PM #2
tarsun

the EM1 is pretty old and rare. I surprised they're still out there. hold onto it as long as you can
tarsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 12:20 AM #3
Porcusheep

Thanks, I intend to, I just need help to figure out what's wrong with it so I can fix it and start using it again. Going paintballing next month so need to do this ASAP. I just ordered a new regulator and vertical adapter for it. Anything else I should look into?
Old 08-25-2014, 05:11 PM #4
grendal50

Send this guy a message, you might be able to get a few extra parts to keep yours going for years.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/e...er-em-1-a.html

P.S. I may or may not be affiliated with seller in the link..........

*Edit* I'll send you more pics if you're interested. It seems I need to update that thread.

Last edited by grendal50 : 08-25-2014 at 05:14 PM.
grendal50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:03 AM #5
Porcusheep

Awesome, thanks! Parts just arrived, just ordered some Dow33 and Spyder paintball oil. Still no luck finding a valve pin/cap, hammer, or a HPA though... Other than that, I will work on replacing all the other internals when the oil and lube arrives. Hopefully those should fix whatever is wrong... =/ Wish me luck!