Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-29-2014, 06:15 PM #1
JokerJay

HPA tank inquiries.

Hey guys, as you can tell, im new to the sport. Well im looking at getting a invert mini, i did some research for a few months and that might be the best thing for me. Anyway, upon doing research i also recently found that CO2 isnt the best thing for it, HPA is the way to go for that. But my issue is, all my friends use ****ty CO2 ran guns and like they even have a tank of it so thats nice, but what if i wanna play with them and im the only one with HPA. Where can i go to fill it up? Will it be a hassle or an hour drive each time i wanna fill it up? how long does one use on those tanks fully loaded last? like the 3000psi tank or higher. i wanna buy this gun today! but im not sure if i can or want to if keeping it run on HPA will be an issue. I'd basically be "if you can't beat them, join them" with their crappy CO2 tipps and spyders or whatever they got.
JokerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2014, 06:26 PM #2
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity

Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent is playing at Living Legends VII
martix_agent is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
If you do not have access to compressed air, it will be an issue. you can get compressed air at paintball fields, or you can buy a SCUBA tank, and have it filled, then buy an adapter to fill your tank with it.

Honestly, if your friends all have tippman and spyder markers, and you're only wanting to play in the woods with them, there's no need for you to have anything besides a tippman or spyder. A level playing field is much more fun.
martix_agent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:29 PM #3
paprercut88

CO2=Bad for high end guns. If you're going to spend money on a decent gun, you almost always have to run air / nitrogen for a number of reasons which have been listed all over this forum a million times. The search bar will pull up threads dedicated to this exact subject.

Any pro shop or field should be able to give you a 4500 fill or at least 3000. Dive shops may be able to get you up to 3000. Don't know where you live so I can't comment on what may be around you. See if you can find out where your fire department fills their tanks and if they have a system in house they may let you use it. My advice would be to get a nice carbon fiber 77/4500 or 68/4500 and if sometimes you can only get it filled to 3000 at your local scuba shop so be it.

You'll be glad that you got a nice 4500 if you decide to start playing more at fields. Also, do yourself a favor and get a nice rhino cover for the tank.
09 Ego - Olive Quest - XX DM14 - Olive Karnivor

Last edited by paprercut88 : 07-29-2014 at 06:34 PM.
paprercut88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:51 PM #4
JokerJay

yeah i live in central wisconsin. Oshkosh area.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:01 PM #5
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Sounds like you may be out of luck on the air situation. An hour is a long drive for air. Unless you can find someone closer to fill your HPA tank, CO2 may be your only option. That pretty much eliminates you from buying most mid range electro guns BUT. All is not lost.

You could purchase a tippmann crossover, or crossover XVR, and an anti-siphon valve(which you need to install) for your CO2 tank(hopefully a larger one). That should work well enough for you and still give you a hand up on the other guns. The down side is, it's a lot more expensive than just buying a 98 custom or spyder type of gun. You'll also need a better more expensive hopper.

Since you're only playing woodsball and probably don't need a high rate of fire, I'd just get a BT4 combat(I like them better than the 98 custom), a valken hopper, and a CO2 tank. Then just have fun playing paintball.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:30 PM #6
CuLane

CuLane owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CuLane owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CuLane has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If you are looking for CO2 compatible guns with more performance than the tippmans, look at the GoG eNMEy.
CuLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:16 PM #7
MstrKey

meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuLane View Post
If you are looking for CO2 compatible guns with more performance than the tippmans, look at the GoG eNMEy.
It's an option but that's not an electro gun. You'll get the smoother spool feel but also the maintenance issues that go with it. Better off with a blow back IMO.

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
Old 08-06-2014, 12:53 AM #8
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
There are very few maintenance issues with the eNMey

replace stock lube with a high quality lube such as slick, lurker, macdev or superlube and be on your way.

That said, look into the Azodin Kaos D or the GoG eNMey and then a quality aftermarket barrel for either and then just deal with CO2 (and then maybe get a tank cover that doesn't suck because they are really uncomfortable and not very grippy from my experience).

Another idea is buying a Tippmann TiPX: it uses 12 gram cartridges which you can buy wherever and gets around 20 shots per cart.

Grab 2 zeta mags and a tipx, get a plain A5 barrel on ebay (they're like $5, but give you a far straighter shot with much better consistency... because stock barrels blow for tippmanns but there's nothing like a cheap upgrade that makes a notable difference.).

I know the pistol route sounds crazy, but I've been using one as of late and I've kinda been using it instead of a regular PB gun for entire days. It's a lot more freedom and it's really easy to get a hang of. Plus aiming is easier and with good parts you don't really have to sacrifice all that much distance.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

My Current Top TradeBait
BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!

It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:33 AM #9
MstrKey

It's not that the maintenance on the Enmy is difficult. It's just that it's far more difficult than most blowback guns. He's going to need orings different than anyone else around him will have. Grease that nobody else will have. When in a pinch, nobody else will have what he needs to get him going or have any first hand knowledge of any issues that may come up, and they WILL come up.

That being said, if you're capable of handling your own affairs an Emny is a pretty sweet starter gun. If you run CO2 you'll get a lot of shots, it's smoother and quieter than most blow backs, and probably has a better ROF without chopping paint. They're pretty cheap too.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:14 PM #10
JokerJay

I actually found a shop that fills both CO2 and HPA only 10 minute drive. thanks guys. did some calling around. but now i have a new issue. just bought my gun and stuff from ansgear and got it today in the mail. go to screw in the tank (to an empire mini gs) and it works, whatever fine. Bleed it, take it off and put the tank cover on. Go to put the tank back to the gun and its leaking, doesnt hold pressure in the gun. seems to come out of the handle, like everywhere. ughhh
Old 08-11-2014, 03:03 PM #11
MstrKey

I'm no expert on the mini, but check your manual for the trouble shooting section. Or search the mini forum on here and you'll probably find an answer. If not, make a new thread and someone there will help you out.