PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-28-2014, 02:36 PM #211
Eshik

Annual Supporting Member
Eshik has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Eshik has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Until the feed neck broke I have been overall satisfied with it. I have only used it a few times but have put about 6k paintballs through it. I haven't had any breaks or jams. I have used it on my Axe and Cocker with no trouble using both Marb and Evil.

If your going to be one of the first to buy a brand new product, be ready for some setbacks. If that bothers you don't buy it, go spend your money on somthing that has already gone through the process of ironing out the flaws and bugs. Comming to the forums with negative comments helps no one. Post your problems in a constructive manner to help GI get this stuff working and back out to us.
Eshik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-28-2014, 04:59 PM #212
hatchetwarrior1246

hatchetwarrior1246 donated to help Peyton Trent
hatchetwarrior1246 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
hatchetwarrior1246 supports Team VICIOUS
hatchetwarrior1246 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshik View Post
Until the feed neck broke I have been overall satisfied with it. I have only used it a few times but have put about 6k paintballs through it. I haven't had any breaks or jams. I have used it on my Axe and Cocker with no trouble using both Marb and Evil. If your going to be one of the first to buy a brand new product, be ready for some setbacks. If that bothers you don't buy it, go spend your money on somthing that has already gone through the process of ironing out the flaws and bugs. Comming to the forums with negative comments helps no one. Post your problems in a constructive manner to help GI get this stuff working and back out to us.
I posted publicly because I tried my damnest to get somebody over the phone to help me. I was told twice that it was going to be fixed and never heard anything from it so I returned one (completely broke) and sold the other that was just uselessly functional.

I hope the issues get resolved but between this and every other product I've gotten from GI the customer service has been poor to say the least. Nick is busy, nick is a good guy, the employees I get every Time I call? Not so much.

My grillz ripped in a week and I was blamed for it. Didn't know a paintball mask wasn't allowed to be shot.

My rdr didn't do a SINGLE thing advertised, including feed. And the service I got was already posted.

I'm glad their fixing it but with service like I've seen I can only hope they step up in the future

SEXY MACDEV DRONE
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4441865
hatchetwarrior1246 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:17 AM #213
r45vt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4leaf4life View Post
Great to hear.

Can you tell me the currant version of software you loader has? As well as the type of drive cone?

Soft paddle drive cone with black and grey color. The paddles are slightly angled as well. SW is 2014-03-24. There is an 85 in the lower left corner.

I shoot Dye CG as the main paint, along with Redemption, Empire Premium and I've run things like bombz and toxic through it as well with no breaks.

My only concern is with feeding rate and jamming currently.

Battery life was more than doubled with the new SW. The loader also has a smoked lid now, no popping up like the clear ones had. Was this an update too?

Last edited by r45vt : 05-29-2014 at 01:39 AM.
r45vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:50 PM #214
B Baller

B Baller plays in the PSP
Any idea when this speedfeed is going to be released by GI?

btw, received my loader today with the new shell, smoke lid and the same tray from 3/24/2014. It was feeding properly since the software update so this should be it for a while if the shell holds up.

B Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:32 PM #215
r45vt

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Baller View Post
Any idea when this speedfeed is going to be released by GI?

btw, received my loader today with the new shell, smoke lid and the same tray from 3/24/2014. It was feeding properly since the software update so this should be it for a while if the shell holds up.

That SF looks much better than the first 300 one.

You'll like the new lid. Zero pop ups after 5 cases so far.

Am I the only one with jamming and feeding issues?

Are you guys ramping 12bps or what settings are you guys running on your markers? I switch to my prophecy and have no problems with feeding. I keep thinking I can't walk the trigger worth a **** with the RDR until I switch it out.

I'm wondering if doesn't like the varying RoF?
Old 05-29-2014, 07:56 PM #216
B Baller

Let me get back to you on that after the weekend but the last couple of cases were 12.5 psp burst on a Clone. I will test uncapped semi a bit too since that will vary up into the 18 area.

That speedfeed is at gisportz.com/pulse
Old 05-29-2014, 08:46 PM #217
ferg man 5000
Amature Gynecologist

Semi only for me but haven't had any issues with feeding. Only one broken ball since the beginning, several cases ran through it. I haven't tried ramping with it, never had a reason to I guess.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4059881
ferg man 5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:40 PM #218
r45vt

^thanks for your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Baller View Post
Let me get back to you on that after the weekend but the last couple of cases were 12.5 psp burst on a Clone. I will test uncapped semi a bit too since that will vary up into the 18 area.

That speedfeed is at gisportz.com/pulse
Thanks for that info on the SF.

I'd be curious to see what your results are. I run an Axe on semi.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:05 PM #219
r45vt

So if I walk my trigger full tilt and stop for a split second or slow down for a bit then go to full speed that is when it doesn't feed fast.

Also shooting slowly then shooting full speed in semi will do the same.

I played around with it at the shooting range before the day started. Once I figured that out I ditched it and stuck my V1 Prophecy back on.

Seems to be pretty consistent at the feeding concern for me.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:58 PM #220
B Baller

Great news, the shell survived and had no trouble feeding a case of DYE CG. I have a Clone GTi, semi, uncapped between 8 and 19bps with no feeding trouble varying in that entire range

I did have 3 balls that stuck together in a line that the loader jammed on and would not chop apart even though they were not extremely stuck together. The tray pulled out easily, cleared the jam easily and it was good.

Just looking for that speedfeed now!
Old 06-24-2014, 01:29 AM #221
r45vt

Man this is so close to being right. I am bummed I'm the only one having issues still.

It was nice to power it on and show green after sitting for 2-3 weeks. My prophecy switched on in my gear bag and drained the batteries so I pulled out the RDR.

I had taken down my Axe and cleaned the eyes just to make there wasn't any dirt in there that was effecting my feeding rate.

It still is feeding to slowly at times. It feels like a turbo when it does finally keep up. No jams with a box through it on Sunday.

Everything else is right with this loader now.

Anyone have any idea what fix they are working on now? Any rough ETA?

Also again GI didn't respond to me contacting them.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:55 AM #222
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

smokefools66 supports Team VICIOUS
smokefools66 supports Team VICIOUS
smokefools66 supports Empire
I just used my Pulse RDR with the new updates at the field this past Sunday. I used my Insight NG on semi capped at 12.5bps and it not only fed great all day, the chrono was almost exact as the field chrono! I definitely think they have improved this loader with the updates between the shell, rubber paddles and the new software. A speedfeed for the general public would be nice, but I'm sure G.I., HK or Exalt will make one soon. I'm still using the prototype one, it does spill a little paint on me though. I hope to play again this weekend and will report back afterwards. Also if you're having issues with jamming I would look in to replacing your batteries and inspecting the paint you are using.

Also I think many people were a little tough on this loader for it being a new release, how many versions did it take for the Rotor, Prophecy, Spire to get their issues fixed? G.I. was very helpful in fixing issues that the loader had, which made me happy. I understand new release products will have some bugs to work out, but it's how the company handles things that matters to me.

If you have any questions about the Pulse RDR or want to see a shooting video on my Insight, feel free to pm me.

Last edited by smokefools66 : 06-24-2014 at 09:02 AM.
smokefools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:10 AM #223
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
For me, it wasn't the fact I had issues... it was the length of time it took to resolve the issues. Being in the UK, the option to post it back internationally isn't one I wanted to really go down - but handed it to GI Sportz at PBE (after being told they'd give me a brand new one there). Needless to say, they didn't give me a new one. However, I DID get my old one back with new paddles and new board. By this time, it had been 3 months since I had bought it and reported the issue and I was already a bit peeved. I tested it out and sold it on. I DID notice that the chrono was about 30fps out from the site Big Red - and depending on the length of the barrel, that reading changed (14" being the most accurate).
Old 06-24-2014, 09:59 AM #224
r45vt

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokefools66 View Post
I just used my Pulse RDR with the new updates at the field this past Sunday. I used my Insight NG on semi capped at 12.5bps and it not only fed great all day, the chrono was almost exact as the field chrono! I definitely think they have improved this loader with the updates between the shell, rubber paddles and the new software. A speedfeed for the general public would be nice, but I'm sure G.I., HK or Exalt will make one soon. I'm still using the prototype one, it does spill a little paint on me though. I hope to play again this weekend and will report back afterwards. Also if you're having issues with jamming I would look in to replacing your batteries and inspecting the paint you are using.

Also I think many people were a little tough on this loader for it being a new release, how many versions did it take for the Rotor, Prophecy, Spire to get their issues fixed? G.I. was very helpful in fixing issues that the loader had, which made me happy. I understand new release products will have some bugs to work out, but it's how the company handles things that matters to me.

If you have any questions about the Pulse RDR or want to see a shooting video on my Insight, feel free to pm me.
No, I don't want to see videos of it working for you. I have plenty on tape of it ****ing up on me to know it's not right. Glad yours works but you are lucky. I will say this replacement one is SOOOO close... just the feeding concerns and jamming.

It's not my paint- I use different paint nearly weekly. I mix between dye CG and whatever else I feel like trying. This problem has been consistent with this loader. I had fresh batteries multiple times and it still happened....

I'll pull it apart tonight and see if it's eyes are dirty(the RDR has eyes).

I don't think anyone is being too hard on them. I knew it might have problems as it's new but I didn't expect their service to be at the level it is. It just sounds like they are having massive problems and are working on it. A little communication on their end would have made me a happy camper for my 3 month wait....

I feel happy I am not some kid who can't afford to be out of a hopper. I've spent more than $250 at a bar before without batting an eye, as I am sure most of us on here have. I'll wait for the new version, hopefully they will communicate and let us know. It's doubtful as people are PM'ing me on here stating they haven't been contacted back by GI either. Disturbing.

Last edited by r45vt : 07-04-2014 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:26 PM #225
B Baller

Great news!

I just got a call from Steve Rabackoff at GI this morning and they know a small percentage still have some issues but they have been making changes and testing new components (not sure which) that will be ready for mass release mid/late July.

It really sounds like GI is dedicated to making this loader work for everyone and keeping customers by communicating with us more. It's fantastic to see a company continuing to stand behind their product!
Old 07-01-2014, 07:03 PM #226
r45vt

Glad they contact you. Happy to see the improvements coming and at a faster rate at that! Mine is SOOO close... just the feed rate. It has to be only my loader with a sometimes slow feed rate, no one else is having this concern.

I did pull mine apart and check the eyes and clear pipe, all clean and free of debris. Ball counter functions so I didn't think there was a problem there but I wanted to make sure it wasn't something stupid like a piece of plastic flashing hanging over an eye.

I'll buy a SF when they come out. Hopefully that will be released soon.

I started using my RDR again and set the Prophecy aside. I am getting attached to my RDR despite the sometimes funky feeding. Everything else is there, the new SW is amazing. I'll keep my eyes open for updates.

Last edited by r45vt : 07-02-2014 at 02:04 AM.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:28 PM #227
r45vt

And here went our resale value.

http://www.ansgear.com/GI_Sportz_Pul...lserdrchar.htm
Old 07-02-2014, 10:50 PM #228
B Baller

Seriously ANS is killing me on this too? Clone market didn't do well because of them although MacDev decided to stop selling them anything, ever again.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:41 PM #229
r45vt

So turned my Axe to ramping today, RDR shot beautifully. Not a single hiccup.

No blender either. I was using redemption.

Watch some paint splat with the zoom camera.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:11 AM #230
Nikolayev

Annual Supporting Member
Nikolayev is playing at Living Legends VII
Nikolayev owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
It reminds me of a boat.
Nikolayev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:27 PM #231
floods
Ph 4:12

floods plays in the PSP
floods owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
floods plays in the APPA D4 division
I saw one in the wild today.

I now believe that they do, in fact, exist.