aarospoon13
Isaiah 41:10

Annual Supporting Member
aarospoon13 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
aarospoon13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aarospoon13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc727 View Post
I own both. They both have pros and cons. Rotor: Pros - Very Simple. Simple to clean. Simple to use. On/Off and that's it. No other settings. Feeds like no other. Very consistent with feeding. Extremely durable. I think they are bulletproof. Very well built. Complete workhorse. Hold value quite nicely. Very easy to take apart to get the inner parts clean. Cons - Heavier than most. Small mouth for reloading. Can jam easily (i've never had any issues but have seen other players have jamming issues). The high capacity shell has a higher profile than the Spire. Higher profile compared to Spire. Sometimes will not fit an entire pod using a speed feed. Spire Pros - Lowest profile of all the hoppers, including the 260. Lighter than Rotor. Wide mouth for easy reloading. Changing from rain lid to speed feed takes 10 seconds with no tools (unlike Rotor). Extremely rare to jam (I've used mine multiple cases without a single jam). Better looking (completely an opinion, some people say they are ugly). Easily fits an entire pod when using a speed feed (No leftover paintballs on top of speed feed). Cons - Overly complicated with the sensitivity settings. If the settings are off, the hopper can popcorn paint and have an extremely annoying spinning feeder inside. Not as durable as a Rotor. The shell isn't nearly as solid as the Rotor. The inner workings are much more difficult to clean compared to the Rotor. Also, there are some durability issues with the fingers of the hopper breaking down. Conclusion - It's really a personal opinion. I really love the look of the Spire and the low profile along with the wide feed mouth and quick change speed feed but I dislike the complicated g-force settings. I find the Rotor to be extremely simple to use but annoying sometimes when reloading using the speedfeed with leftover paintballs sitting on top. I currently use my Spire 200 and Rotor for Speedball and my Spire 260 for Woodsball. I recently bought a Rotor and high capacity shell and see how it feels. If I don't mind the higher profile, I may sell my Spire. I hope this helps.
This post did the trick for me on what I'll be picking up next!

LOADOUT: Titan White Etek 4 LT * Ninja 50/4500 * Machine Gear * Black/White Exalt accessories
aarospoon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement