Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-07-2014, 10:20 PM #1
Lucee

Carleton 4500PSI tank

Hello can anyone help me figure out what a fair price would be for a Carleton 4500 psi tank USED not sure how old but they said it was last tested summer 2012-
also any tips i need to know about this?
I dont know ANYTHING about this stuff......

oops and ty in advance for any info

Last edited by Lucee : 08-07-2014 at 10:21 PM. Reason: forgot my manners
Lucee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2014, 11:34 PM #2
Vandal54

Pics would help, all I can tell you is from the info you've given so far. Missing info would be born date, size (45 or 68 typically), condition.

Carleton brand tanks aren't as sought after as other brands such as Crossfire, Ninja, etc. It should say somewhere on the tank when it was BORN and when it's last HYDRO-TEST was. Odds are it's carbon fiber and HPA (high pressure), so it'll have a 15 year max lifespan. The more years it has left in it's lifespan, the more it'll be worth.

Within that lifespan, the tank has to be Rehydroed (tested) every 5 years. This is the big factor in price because it's illegal to fill an out of date tank and costs $20-$30 to have it tested.

If in fact it has been tested in 2012, it should have 3 more years of hydro left in it. Now depending on it's condition (if there are any cracks or dents in it), it'll be worth from $70-$90
Vandal54 is offline   Reply With Quote