Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-05-2014, 02:36 PM #1
SpcMnky

poison ego 10

So I'm new to paintball,Ive paintballed at courses with big groups about 10 times I am tired of using rental guns and would like the option to go play woodsball with my friends.

The only thing Ive been able to come up with for sure is I know I'd like a speedball gun. I'd like it to preform amazing. I know it has to be HPA cause Co2 is on the way out the local guys say. But outside that I don't know squat. I was told to look out for Empire and Planet Eclipse stuff and seen this. Was wondering if this is a good deal for someone who has nothing.

For 600$ : Poison ego 10 : That only has a bit over 24k shots on it. Unfortunately he accidentally reset the shot counter so it only shows 1.8k shots and hasn't been shot since last summer. It was well maintained and cleaned after every game.It comes with a DYE rotor hopper, crossfire 4500 psi tank, DYE extra padded pants, nexus jersey, 685 and .689 bore size barrel backs. new clean/polish barrel swab, brand new speed feed, brand new barrel condom, new eclipse grease, new eclipse oil, ego comprehensive parts kit and brand new 6 pack of AA paintball batteries.

{ How do I tell if its been well taken care of } { And it doesn't specify which type of air he uses, am I safe to assume on a gun like this it is HPA?}{And anything a newbie might want to look out for} Just sick of eatting these guys markers on mass when my rental has to take 15 shots before the center accurate shot comes out lol.

Sorry if I'm taking up to much time. Just trying to get out there!
SpcMnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2014, 03:16 PM #2
Jonathan!
...never even saw me€

Jonathan! is playing at Living Legends VII
Jonathan! owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Jonathan! has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jonathan! has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
That actually sounds like a reasonable deal. You could probably show up with $550 and he'd jump on it. As far as your concerns go , yes he's using hpa , make sure the eyes are functioning properly and make sure when it's aired up there are no leaks. Other than that your looking at a pretty sweet marker to start off with. Best of luck!!
Old 08-05-2014, 05:16 PM #3
Vandal54

It's not a bad deal, definitely talk him down to $550 on it. One other thing to watch out for is the Hydro date on the tank, as most places won't let you fill an out of hydro tank (it's illegal but some places let you get by). It costs $20-$30 to rehydro a tank so you might as well get your money's worth and make sure the one you're looking at is still in Hydro.

I couldn't tell by your post if you're already aware, but HPA isn't just a preference for most markers, it's actually REQUIRED. If you try to run Co2 through the Ego 10 it will mess up the internals. It's safe to assume that any marker that's not a Tippmann, Spyder, Piranha, etc. uses HPA.

It's also important to understand that once you get past the $400+ range, it really has more to do with preference than performance. I know it seems like a $1000 marker would do better than a $500 marker, but they all shoot paint the same. Some are smoother, some are more efficient, etc. but they all do the same thing. Once you have a marker you know won't fail on you, it all comes down to the skill of the player.

Last piece of advice, I saw that you mentioned you wanted a paintball gun that was more accurate. This really has nothing to do with the marker, and everything to do with the paint and barrel (but mostly the paint). Good quality paint will shoot accurately while poor quality paint will be erratic. The way the barrel helps is by bore matching. Have .685 paint? Use your .685 barrel back.

Good luck man and welcome to the paintball family!
Vandal54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:08 AM #4
SpcMnky

Thanks Much for the warm and welcoming response.

At the time of the post I was unaware about the HPA being required on higher end guns. And that piece of information is priceless. I was informed that I could get guns that were less then 400$ and still preform well but they all seem to be the "Mil-Sim" variety and I would like a Speedball gun. After my post I was at a local shop and the guy there recommended an Empire Axe. Seems to be a really nice gun and simple. I tried to look up the EGO 10 but can't find much and from what I have found it doesn't seem like this gun would be as newbie friendly as the Axe. So I don't really want a gun that's a 1000$ or was at one point, I just want something good and a speedball.
SpcMnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:59 PM #5
Vandal54

The only time I've heard someone refer to a gun as "newbie friendly" is when they're taking about price point. Generally, it's better for someone relatively new to the sport to start out with something cheaper until they know for sure they're interested in paintball. This is so they don't drop a ton of money on gear and then stop playing within a month, basically wasting their money.

You honestly sound like you are for sure interested in paintball so you don't have to worry about that as much. Now as far as the type of gun you get, it really is all about preference. An Ego 10 isn't going to be "harder to handle" or require more experience than the Axe. The only thing you'll have to learn when getting a speedball gun is proper maintenance. Taking it apart, changing o-rings, lubing the bolt, etc. It's a learning process everyone goes through and can be rather fun. Just as a side note, stay away from Dangerous Power guns for now. Some of them can be a pain in the *** to fix/maintain and I wouldn't recommend starting with that.

As for choosing a marker, I suggest holding an Axe and an Ego 10 in your hands before deciding. Get a feel for it and figure out which ones a better fit. Whoever told you that you needed to spend at least $400 on a speedball marker has no clue what they're talking about. Look up an Invert/Empire Mini when you can. Popular and respected speedball gun, you can get one on here for $170-$200 easy. The Axe is also a great marker, basically a beefed up version of the mini, and it'll only run you $270-$320.

My personal opinion, you should start with the Mini or the Axe, depending on what you're looking to spend. You'll probably upgrade to the Axe at some point anyway if you get the Mini, but that's if you're sure about the sport. As a bonus, the Axe has the best customer service in the paintball world (KEE) and comes with a lifetime warranty, even if you buy it used. Don't worry about choosing the "right marker", just choose what feels the best in your hands and go for it. Theres a saying in the pb community that when you buy a paintball gun, you're already looking for your next one.

Good luck bro!
Vandal54 is offline   Reply With Quote