PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-28-2014, 08:51 PM #1
xXx332SparkyxXx

new axe leaks from grip

hey nation

so i bought a new axe and when i went to air it up for the first time it had a massive leak from the grip area. now i'm not very familiar with the marker as it is my first one and i've read the owner's manual's trouble shooting section and read the axe sticky and haven't come up with much. any help would be appreciated and much thanks.
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2014, 09:25 PM #2
MATTSDAD

MATTSDAD owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bring it back to the store you bought it from
Old 07-28-2014, 10:24 PM #3
xXx332SparkyxXx

I ordered it from ans gear and I've been having trouble getting a hold of them because of my work schedule I was just wondering if it was an easy fix
Old 07-29-2014, 07:42 AM #4
pbcheese
chop em DOWN

pbcheese has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pbcheese has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Ans will sxrew in yhat department, probably just the air tube oring. Take the grip off to make it easier to track the exact location. Make sure you flip the lever slowly. But ur local shop should have any extra rings you need.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4374961
Ask ask
pbcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:55 AM #5
surflamj

Annual Supporting Member
I had a similar issue with mine when I originally purchased it. A little tinkering with the air tube fixed it. Upon taking the grips off I noticed it just needed a half turn in on the tube to fit correctly.

Try taking your grips off with the tank screwed in and flip the level. If it leaks flip it back off and adjust the air tube a 1/8 to 1/4 turn. Flip the lever again and see if it still leaks. Both ends thread so be sure to try adjusting both. This fixed mine, hopefully it fixes yours.

Edit: when you have the grips off and air up the gun you should be able to tell if it's leaking from the top or bottom of the tube. Start off adjusting the tube from the end it is leaking.

Gloss Red Invert Mini F/S/T
Invert Mini

Last edited by surflamj : 07-29-2014 at 10:59 AM.
surflamj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:58 PM #6
xXx332SparkyxXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by surflamj View Post
I had a similar issue with mine when I originally purchased it. A little tinkering with the air tube fixed it. Upon taking the grips off I noticed it just needed a half turn in on the tube to fit correctly.

Try taking your grips off with the tank screwed in and flip the level. If it leaks flip it back off and adjust the air tube a 1/8 to 1/4 turn. Flip the lever again and see if it still leaks. Both ends thread so be sure to try adjusting both. This fixed mine, hopefully it fixes yours.

Edit: when you have the grips off and air up the gun you should be able to tell if it's leaking from the top or bottom of the tube. Start off adjusting the tube from the end it is leaking.
that did it. shoots like a dream now. thanks a ton.