Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-28-2014, 04:47 AM #1
HavokHK

Axe wont always shoot

I bought a carbon fiber LE axe from someone who claimed it had not been fired but I continue to have problems. First there was a small leak in the ASA everytime I would flip the lever. Now (and more serious) it will fire well for awhile and then just not register trigger pulls, then fire a few and then not again. Help me out guys.
HavokHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2014, 10:46 AM #2
pbcheese
chop em DOWN

pbcheese has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pbcheese has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Maybe micro switch ... maybe trigger adjustment. Possibly bip adjustment? Does it do it while rapid fire or just any random time? Have you tried eyes off? Turn your bps eyes off down to a reasonable amount and try that and see what happens.
pbcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:40 PM #3
HavokHK

It does it whenever it feels like I suppose. Eyes off it doesn't have a problem. My rotor feeds fine and constant. I cleaned my eyes and put in a fresh battery. I'm thinking about sending it into empire, I have never had good luck when it comes to my markers.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:00 PM #4
thpike
Battle Buddy

Annual Supporting Member
thpike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
thpike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
thpike has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
thpike supports Empire
If you send it in to Kee they will give you a print out of what work was done. At least you'll have a better idea moving forward to check those areas. Maybe take it into a kee tech at a local shop first?
Great Lakes Region
Looking for a great player oriented store in Michigan? www.contactpb.com
thpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:15 PM #5
Adlar

Adlar is playing at Living Legends VII
Just a thought, have you tried doing a factory reset of the board? For the small ASA leak, is it leaking out of the lever? If the marker has been in storage a long time and not fired possibly the ASA/Relay Reg needs a bit of lube. You could try a couple drops of marker oil in the ASA prior to airing up. Be careful not to get any on the tank o-rings though or you will have a tough time unscrewing the tank later. As others have said, a quick email to tech@paintballsolutions.com should get you help from Kee and an RMA if necessary.
Adlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:41 PM #6
HavokHK

Alright I did send off an email to them, I'm just waiting on a reply. Sending it to empire wouldn't be the worst thing as they would look over the whole gun for me.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:10 AM #7
sdzell18
Code it and Load it

Annual Supporting Member
sdzell18 works for a Paintball manufacturer
sdzell18 plays in the APPA Pro division
sdzell18 is All In
To tell if trigger is registering you can look at the LED on the board. It should dimly glow red when the trigger is pulled. If you have a redline board the little arrow on the right side of the screen will move up and down when you pull the trigger. The arrow shows up when the trigger is activated in place of the tournament lock symbol.

Check that all your grip frame screws and air transfer plate screws are tight. If they are loose your trigger may not make contact with the trigger switch.

If it works with eyes off but not with eyes on check that your bolt is fully returning. If it doesn't fully return it may not allow balls to get into the breech causing what you described. You may need to replace the bolt tip or bolt guide o-rings if your bolt isn't fully returning.

For the leak you would need to be specific about where it comes from before we can offer you help or check the manual at paintballsolutions.com/empire for help.
My Feedback +43, -0
sdzell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:59 AM #8
Jonathan!
...never even saw me€

Jonathan! is playing at Living Legends VII
Jonathan! owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Jonathan! has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jonathan! has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I had this happen on one of mine with a redline board. Turned out that one of the pins that plugs into the upper board was kinda tweaked. Try to move the front grip around while pulling the trigger , if the solenoid clicks then stops at random while doing this then that could be the problem.