Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2014, 09:49 AM #1681
mrchuck234
Return of the King
 
mrchuck234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lebron, Ohio
mrchuck234 plays in the PSP
I think Foles is going to be a solid QB, but there's no way he's going repeat those disgusting numbers from last year.

Or maybe he will.
mrchuck234 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2014, 10:23 AM #1682
penningtonpaintball
Girouxsalem
 
penningtonpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philly/Brick
37-9 is my prediction. 11-5, NFCE champs and lose in the NFCCG because the eagles have never done that before.

in other news....

__________________
West Virginia Mountaineers
penningtonpaintball is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 11:39 AM #1683
Imnothungry
 
 
Imnothungry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
no one from the NFC East matters unless a certain coach is on the hotseat. your records mean nothing
Imnothungry is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 11:52 AM #1684
Captain A v2.0
2romo4u
 
Captain A v2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Captain A v2.0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
[IMG]http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/seahawks-super-bowl-ring.jpg[IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC_OWNER View Post
[IMG]http://www.gifsplosion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/richard-sherman-waving-bye.gif[IMG]
Thank you for doing the Lord's work. Pete bless you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnothungry View Post
no one from the NFC East matters
True true.
__________________
Kansas Jayhawks Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Seattle SoundersZombie Sonics
Captain A v2.0 is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 12:42 PM #1685
penningtonpaintball
Girouxsalem
 
penningtonpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philly/Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnothungry View Post
no one from the NFC East matters unless a certain coach is on the hotseat. your records mean nothing
no one from the NFCE matters?

YOU DONT MATTER BRO, seriously though, imnothungry your a browns fan right? cant get much more irrelevant than that.
__________________
West Virginia Mountaineers

Last edited by penningtonpaintball : 07-29-2014 at 12:59 PM.
penningtonpaintball is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 01:17 PM #1686
Fat Joe
 
 
Fat Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MASSachusetts
Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The NFC east will have a playoff representative in the playoffs because they have to. If any team has a chance at a decent run in that division its New York.

In other news, Big Ben wants Jump Ball Joe money. And now the debate begins, is Big Ben worth that much? Is Big Ben a future HOF'er? I like this debate because frankly I think Big Ben is about as overrated as they come. But because hes plays in PIttsburgh, he'll end up in the hall.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat Joe is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 01:36 PM #1687
Imnothungry
 
 
Imnothungry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
i wish the browns played the NFC east last year, i record might have been .500 if that was the case.



ben deserves the money a **** LOAD more than JBJ and he 100% single handedly almost carried that horrible team to the playoffs last year. if he gets to another superbowl he is a sure thing HoFer but right now he is on the fence. he will still get in just not early in his eligibility unless he gets to another one.
Imnothungry is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 01:42 PM #1688
Barber
Moose Krew.
 
Barber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: 765
 has been a member for 10 years
Barber plays in the PSP
Barber is an NCPA player
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
I don't have him as a HOFer, but I do feel that he deserves top end money. I'd pay him less than the Manning/Rodgers/Brees tier, but he's a lot more deserving than a lot of guys who make more money.
__________________
éSKay All Day
Barber is online now  
Old 07-29-2014, 01:43 PM #1689
Fat Joe
 
 
Fat Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MASSachusetts
Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I dont think Bens a sure fire HOFer. His regular season numbers are paltry at best and he rode the coat tails of great defenses to win his first two. Especially in 08. He gets all the credit for that final drive against the daunting Arizona defense (lulz) but it was the Steelers defense that made the play of the game.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat Joe is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 01:46 PM #1690
Imnothungry
 
 
Imnothungry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
with guys like broadway joe and elway in the HOF i think ben will probably be there eventually. playing in pitt definitely helps.
Imnothungry is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 01:55 PM #1691
Fat Joe
 
 
Fat Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MASSachusetts
Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If he wasnt in Pittsburgh he'd have 0 chance. Thats the only reason he'll get in if his career were to end today.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat Joe is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 02:26 PM #1692
Barber
Moose Krew.
 
Barber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: 765
 has been a member for 10 years
Barber plays in the PSP
Barber is an NCPA player
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Just read the story of Josh Gordon's appeal and the NFL testing methods. So terribly screwed up. I hope he gets a reduced suspension, even though I feel anything over 4 games would be a travesty (especially in light of the Ray Rice situation).

I'm sure nothing will happen because the NFL is completely ****ing stupid, but I really hope that this creates a push to lower the punishment for something as ridiculous as smoking weed in the offseason.
__________________
éSKay All Day
Barber is online now  
Old 07-29-2014, 02:29 PM #1693
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire
 
madgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Homewood, IL
madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
The point is that he's a repeat offender, regardless how you feel about nfl drug policy.
__________________
Honey Badger University Professor of Women Studies, Dean of Student Affairs
madgoat is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 02:32 PM #1694
penningtonpaintball
Girouxsalem
 
penningtonpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philly/Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe View Post
The NFC east will have a playoff representative in the playoffs because they have to. If any team has a chance at a decent run in that division its New York.
you've got to be ****ting me with that assessment. care to explain why NY will have a chance of a decent run? were talking about a team who has 17 different starters than last year, name me one example of a team with that kind of turn over who didnt **** the bed the following season. I'll wait. Were also talking about a team with a porous OL, injury prone DL, non existent LB core, and very, very questionable secondary (Rolle is solid, DRC =Asante, Stevie Brown is question mark since he is coming back from injury and Prince Akumura has been a major disapointment). I live in NJ and all of my friends are giants fans, and the majority of them that know anything about football (which I guess would actually be the minority ) are preparing for the worst.

Listen if you want to crown the NYG champs over the defending division champs thats fine, but at least do me a favor and explain what the **** you see that I dont.

Before you say the eagles got worse because they released Jackson, here are some DeSean facts for you:

-He was single covered in 89% of his snaps last year
-he had a career year WITH chip kelly, to pretend his production cant be disbursed throughout the offense(notice i didnt say replaced) would be silly, as Maclin is healthy for now and ertz/casey/celek will be playing a much bigger role this year .
-He's not worth 10mil a year, which is a fact because he signed for less
-Multiple reports he would show up late for meetings, never bought into the system, and was not exactly a role model to the younger players which is the opposite of what Chip is trying to install, focusing more on team chemistry and having the players govern themselves.
- I love DeSean, he was one of my favorite eagles while he was here, but you can look back on just about any post ive ever made about him, hes a one trick pony who struggles against top tier corners and beats up on bottom tier corners.

What the eagles improved on
-Last year was the first year in a 3/4, 10/11 starters returning this year.
-http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/695122-eagles-ranked-2nd-in-off-ptsmin-8th-in-def-ptsmin-stats/ ----I'd highly recommend reading that in terms of points per game, its a great read with really good insight
-Foles had a full off season as a starter and will actually be the starter this year
-Chip Kelly set franchise records in his first year coaching, only implemented about 65 percent of his playbook (his words) and now the players actually have a grasp on the playbook and what he expects
-OL is top 3 in the league (obviously Lane Johnson being out the first 4 games hurts but we have 3 really good back up options, Allen Barbe just got an extension before the year started)
-Malcolm Jenkins will sure up the safety position and is going to be the guy responsible for making sure the young guys are lined up right to reduce breakdowns in the secondary, he is a really, really smart player from everything the saints said about him and what our coaching staff is saying, basically I could have been out there and performed better than Patrick Chung
-Sproles. How do you defend sproles and shady in the backfield? you dont.

Are there still weaknesses? absolutely, the second safety spot is still weak, the corners are still iffy, borderline terrible actually. The WR's you either think will be a strength or will be a weakness (can you can probably guess what I think considering I believe maclin is healthy and in a contract year). the NFCE as a whole is weak, everyone has problems, the only difference is I see the eagles as on track to fixing these problems and i believe they are only a season or 2 away from being a legit contender again.

Joe I'm not mad if you have a different perspective, in fact I'd welcome it. But anyone can say what you just said, for example I can say the Broncos suck. However, since the Broncos do not in fact suck, and anyone who watches sports could probably conclude that as well, it makes you either unaware, or unintelligent, to which I think you are better than that.
__________________
West Virginia Mountaineers
penningtonpaintball is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 02:36 PM #1695
BodyCount81
Jerrah
 
BodyCount81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Texas
BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
jokerclapping.gif
__________________
Faith can move mountains, but it can't beat a faster draw.
BodyCount81 is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 02:53 PM #1696
Fat Joe
 
 
Fat Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MASSachusetts
Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Struck a nerve did I? Frankly, I dont believe in your QB, I dont believe in your receivers, and I dont believe in your HC. The NFC east had about as a down a year as its had in a long time last year, Eli played as bad as he possibly could, and the Giants were marred by injury after injury. They've gotten better defensively, they have the best HC in the division as well as the best QB in the division. I dont think anyone from the NFC east gets out of the WC round this year, but if anyone was going to, its going to be NY.

The Eagles had a season for the ages last year, they wont be duplicating it. Sorry bub.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat Joe is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 03:01 PM #1697
Barber
Moose Krew.
 
Barber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: 765
 has been a member for 10 years
Barber plays in the PSP
Barber is an NCPA player
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
The point is that he's a repeat offender, regardless how you feel about nfl drug policy.
That's true and I completely agree that he should be punished. I disagree with the 'one size fits all' approach to the substance policies though. Marijuana shouldn't carry the punishment of real drugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Florio
Urine samples routinely are split into two bottles, the “A” bottle and the “B” bottle. If the “A” bottle generates a positive result, the “B” bottle is tested. Amazingly, the “B” bottle doesn’t have to independently show a violation. Instead, the substance abuse policy states that the “‘B’ bottle Test need only show that the substance, revealed in the ‘A’ bottle Test, is evident to the ‘limits of detection’ to confirm the results of the ‘A’ bottle Test.”

In English, close counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and “B” bottles.

For Gordon, the “A” bottle showed a concentration of 16 ng/ml, only one nanogram per milliliter above the limits of 15. The “B” bottle showed a concentration of 13.6 ng/ml — less than the threshold.

But because the “A” bottle was labeled “A” and not “B” and because the “B” bottle was labeled “B” and not “A”, the end result is a positive and a minimum one-year banishment from the NFL. Flip the bottles when it’s time to apply the labels, and Gordon isn’t facing a suspension.
By the average of both samples, he should have been clean. He was just really unlucky.
__________________
éSKay All Day
Barber is online now  
Old 07-29-2014, 03:02 PM #1698
Imnothungry
 
 
Imnothungry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber View Post
Just read the story of Josh Gordon's appeal and the NFL testing methods. So terribly screwed up. I hope he gets a reduced suspension, even though I feel anything over 4 games would be a travesty (especially in light of the Ray Rice situation).

I'm sure nothing will happen because the NFL is completely ****ing stupid, but I really hope that this creates a push to lower the punishment for something as ridiculous as smoking weed in the offseason.
he will get suspended an extra bit for his dui anyway. If he plays this year I will be surprised. Honestly it might be the best thing that could happen to him, maybe he will get a ****ing clue
Imnothungry is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 03:08 PM #1699
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie
 
Featherlite 07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Honey Badger University
 has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
The point is that he's a repeat offender, regardless how you feel about nfl drug policy.
This. I get that people don't think weed is a big deal. Personally never smoked it, never want to smoke it, think it should be legalized. But the point is, it's against the rules. If you're so ****ing stupid that you would jeopardize millions of dollars to smoke weed even after you have been suspended previously (which costs a lot of money due to lost game checks iirc) you deserve what you get.

I also hate the ray rice thing being brought into it. They are two separate incidents. I don't like people saying oh Gordon should get less because rice only got two games as it implies the rice suspension is justified and logical and the Gordon one is not. I have a way bigger problem with rice not getting a harsh enough suspension than Gordon's being too harsh.
__________________
Team Aircraft Carrier - Admiral

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Featherlite 07 is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 03:09 PM #1700
penningtonpaintball
Girouxsalem
 
penningtonpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philly/Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe View Post
Struck a nerve did I? Frankly, I dont believe in your QB, I dont believe in your receivers, and I dont believe in your HC. The NFC east had about as a down a year as its had in a long time last year, Eli played as bad as he possibly could, and the Giants were marred by injury after injury. They've gotten better defensively, they have the best HC in the division as well as the best QB in the division. I dont think anyone from the NFC east gets out of the WC round this year, but if anyone was going to, its going to be NY.

The Eagles had a season for the ages last year, they wont be duplicating it. Sorry bub.
Just curious what dont you like about chip kelly? The man had himself quite the rookie debut from the sidelines. I dont dispute your thinking on foles, as he needs another year to prove himself to get over the 1 year wonder label that he has. I also can see why people outside of the eagles fans are down on the WR's (as I stated I think they will end up being a strength), but one thing that I really cannot wrap my head around is how you think Eli is the best QB in the division. that mother****er had 20 billion picks last year and they didnt exactly do him any favors on the OL. i get that he has 2 SB wins and he was a key part in those wins, but is trent dilfer a top QB? how bout Brad Johnson? and yes I just compared both of them to Eli. Eli manning has not had a good year in a while either, I wouldnt be shocked if Coughlin gets fired after this year.

I'll finish my rant later when I get home but I AM NOT DONE WITH THIS CONVERSATION JOE YOU BIG FATTY YOU.
__________________
West Virginia Mountaineers
penningtonpaintball is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 03:11 PM #1701
p-ballplaya1440
:dodgy:
 
p-ballplaya1440's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 717/540
p-ballplaya1440 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
p-ballplaya1440 is for the Gunfight
p-ballplaya1440 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
p-ballplaya1440 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
You *****s are goin so ham right now. I'd love to join in the fun, but I have to get going to work.
__________________
JAMES MADISON UNIVERSITY
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
"Originally posted by RamapoLax: If you don't like Darren Sproles then **** you."
"Originally posted by timmyballer67: Alone we are nothing. Together we can achieve epic lulz."
"Originally posted by Nick Alder:
Admiral, i detect large quatities of Bamf in this sector"
gkweston porn bombs ST: 11/9/2011 I was there.
p-ballplaya1440 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump