Community Focus

Old 07-29-2014, 09:23 AM #1
RunNgunRandy
Sarge kit Scout

RunNgunRandy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
RunNgunRandy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
RunNgunRandy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
468 vs t15?

rap 4 468 or tiberius t15? which is better to go with?
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2014, 06:58 PM #2
RunNgunRandy
Sarge kit Scout

help?
Old 07-29-2014, 07:26 PM #3
iconx_balla
evo11

T15 but you will have to wait a little bit as they are backordered due to a large amount of orders and fixing the issues with the first batch. Use the 5% off code at Hustle Paintball to get it for 475 instead of 500.
iconx_balla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:28 PM #4
Mounts137

The biggest reason I'm getting the T15 over the 468 is that the T15 comes with 2 mags and a 13ci tank. So for those who don't already have a tank they get one with their new marker and for only $500. Plus the mags are only $20 so buying a bunch of mags won't cripple your wallet to bad. Granted, Dmags are very cheap to (if your 468 takes Dmags) but you fork out $600+ for the 468 to get cheaper mags. In addition the T15 is a 1:1 scale of an AR15 so if you already own a real AR15 like me, the T15 should feel very comfortable in your hands.
Mounts137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:45 PM #5
iconx_balla
evo11

^^^^^^^ Having handled a 468 I disliked how the lower receiver felt. The trigger wasn't nice and the safety didn't click into position which gave it a low quality feeling. Now they offer a high quality trigger assembly for $60 and if you want an aluminum bolt that's gonna run you another 60. Rap4 gets ppl to dump so much money into their platform while tiberius releases it how it should be from the beginning.

However, the 468 does have some redeeming qualities such as the lok bolt, the paintball retainer in the magwell which prevents you from losing balls during a mag change, and the viewport to check to see if you have a round in the chamber.

Here's the 5% off code for hustlepaintball: SURVEY5
iconx_balla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:45 AM #6
moosehead38
Cpt. Rooster

moosehead38 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Idk how i feel about the T15 quite yet. I know its been tested alot BUT not with mass production. Id like for it to be out for atleast a year so i know all the kinks will be worked out. consumer reviews n such.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:51 PM #7
ECHO CHARLIE
F = FRUIT LOOP

ECHO CHARLIE has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
look... doesn't seem to me like the people who have answered have really credable reasons for their answers, but i'll tell you right now i have owned a 468 for over a year now and LOVE it. I can't see using another marker in it's place.
  • Tippmann
  • ETC.
Message me if you want to sell!!!!
ECHO CHARLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:48 PM #8
wolf16731

Might want to revisit this when the T15 has been out for a bit. lol
wolf16731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:31 PM #9
cye604
Marksman - Indigo Squad

cye604 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cye604 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cye604 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cye604 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
As it stands now, I'd go for the T15 if I were you. It seems to get a better reputation as a quality product, and the 468, even for the $600+ you spend on it, still sometimes feels a bit like cheap plastic, depending on what configuration you get, and what upgrades you invest in. Although, one thing to keep in mind if you are like me, is that the T15 is in no way designed to be kind to left-handed players (but then again, most guns are not), whereas the 468 is slightly biased towards left-handed shooters.
cye604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:09 PM #10
smoothhustle

I just got my t15 and I love it! before my purchase I found myself asking the same question but ultimately I chose the t15
smoothhustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:44 PM #11
Chrishardy

Ultimately I think it comes down to A)Do you want a marker from a company that hasn't had the best track record but has had more time to work out the issues with their marker; or a marker from a company with a great rep but a new marker that can potentially have more issues; B) Do you like the Newer Dmags or the older "U style" mags and in addition will you possibly purchasing a different marker that uses these style mags(Dye DAM=Dmags TGR2/36=U style, etc.) and C)Which one do you prefer more/is less expensive?

If you're like me and live in Canada, get the T15, a few different places Like hero army surplus(Hero Outdoors) Badlands Paintball etc. sell them. Since Rap4 is an American company.. you stand a pretty good chance of the 468 being stopped by the CBSA as it is basically classified as a replica firearm and therefore a prohibited firearm. (I just took another look at Rap4's site and there is now a Rap4Canada site that is based out of Manitoba?) If not then your choice is a little harder. I first started looking at milsim markers when Rap4 was on the T68 Gen4 n fell in love with the looks and functionality(Air-in-stock and magfed) of it. Now the 468 as far as I can tell, only uses the new(er) Dmags which have their pros and cons. Furthermore, on the 468 Rap4's reputation as stated before was less than stellar a little while ago but are apparently taking strides to change that. One final note, since the 468 is basically the NEXT next gen T68 there are a lot more after market accessories (Shrouds, handguards, etc.) available for the 468's.

Flip sides, Tiberius is well known for quality markers and of course the First strike round. Now personally I hated the look and functionality of the Tiberius markers until they created the T15(as you are aware obviously). Now it wasn't until the past couple years that Tiberius decided to basically copy the Rap4 format and go air-in-stock and move away from it's small 8 round "pistol" style mags, switching to the older "U" style mags which also have their pros n cons. Conversely, Tiberius doesn't have many after many after market accessories available but since both markers are designed after the AR15/M4 rifles as far as I know you can use most real steel accessories which kind of makes this a moot point.

P.S. If you or anyone else reading this is a lefty like me you may want to consider a TGR marker as this is the only marker that I know of the advertises ambidextrous mag release and safety switch as one of its features.

Last edited by Chrishardy : 09-20-2014 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Re-arranged some stuff
Chrishardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:10 PM #12
Rodinski

Don't even consider rap4. Worst engineered marker designs outside of the early adaptations of milsig markers. That lock-bolt is an absolute joke.

T15, TGR, DAM, and the new 98 conversion kits (+ 98 mods) is the only mag feds you should consider.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:49 AM #13
Socom3988

I find it funny how all of you dog on Rap4 and I assume have never tired them all you do is go off hear say only from the past and not the present.
I have a 468 since the first launch day serial number 16. granted they are more than the T15 I get it every one looks for the cheapest offer but cheaper is not always better. Rap4 has turned their **** around since omar took over production. put the t15 through a torture test like they did the 468 then we will talk about quality.

Now enough of my rant, on to business........ I cant say much for Tiberius I never used one but they are not as nice on price either. the 468 and the T15 have the same options except for two that I can think of and here they are.

1) 468 can be converted to bolt action, cqc, and mid range all accepting first strike and all you need is a different upper which are reasonable prices because they come complete no need swapping internals quick changes for your style of play I highly doubt Tiberius will offer that in the future they are pretty solid with what you buy is what you get.

2) 468 can use wide variety of mags helping out in the financial department for most of us trying to get more bang for the buck and not break the bank.

And not to insult you but think about what you just said for a minute
Chris I believe your full of crap about the replica firearm info if anything the Tiberius T15closer to an actual ar15 than any mag fed marker out there because of its true one to one scale design and being stopped by the CBSA.

Now again I did not state in any way shape or form that the 468 was superior than the T15 no where did I say that. All I stated was the versatility over the t15 and options. but the one person I agree with in here right now is ECHO CHARLIE. do your own research because when it comes down to it your opinion is what really matters because you will find witch one fits your style of play and feel.
Socom3988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:29 PM #14
cye604
Marksman - Indigo Squad

I wish you could still get the non-DMAG magwells for the 468, that is the major turn off for me. Does anyone know if you actually can still get them? I've never found them.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:21 AM #15
Socom3988

yes you can, you can order any version you want.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:32 PM #16
cye604
Marksman - Indigo Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom3988 View Post
yes you can, you can order any version you want.
Link maybe? TBH I'm too lazy to look for myself
Old 10-18-2014, 07:48 AM #17
Socom3988

Just google rap4 as soon as it comes up the first thing on you should see is build your 468
Old 10-18-2014, 07:08 PM #18
cye604
Marksman - Indigo Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom3988 View Post
Just google rap4 as soon as it comes up the first thing on you should see is build your 468
Nope, tried that, only DMAG. I talked to the guys at RAP4, they only sell the DMAG for 468 now.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:19 PM #19
RunNgunRandy
Sarge kit Scout

you can still buy standard mags but they are very rare and are most likely used, also i happen to have a 468 and a t15 and by far i perfer the 468
the lok-bolt, accuracy, ease of cleaning, and realistic charging handle on the lok-bolt set it miles ahead of the t15
the t15 has no return spring on its charging handles, it cant operate under 45 degrees F, no anti-chop, and it rusts if it gets wet.
honestly tiberius wasn't ready when they released it.
the 468 is a tried and true platform
Old 10-18-2014, 09:20 PM #20
RunNgunRandy
Sarge kit Scout

plus the t15 lacks a standard barrel thread, which sucks ***
Old 10-18-2014, 09:27 PM #21
Typhon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunNgunRandy View Post
plus the t15 lacks a standard barrel thread, which sucks ***
Some guy makes barrel adapters for the T15....

This guy
<-------------------------
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote