Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-20-2014, 09:41 PM #1
Clayton1O57

insane leak on PM5

alright so i pulled out my old proto and replaced all of the o rings on the bolt. there was a leak out of the back of the bolt and down the barrel. so i replaced the o rings (the stickies say to replace) again and it did not leak at all. i went to chronograph the gun and it shot great over the it (shooting one ball at a time so i got a reading). all +/- 3-5 just over 290. i had a full hopper and slowly shoot about 3/4s of it with no issues at all. with the little paint i had left i decided to shoot a few ropes and then BAM the gun just went crazy it started leaking from the barrel and out of the back of the bolt and i just have a stock dye airport with no on off and it blew out the oring on the tank and my 45/45 was empty in about 5 sec. i have not opened up the gun yet to see what orings are gone on the bolt yet but im sure there all pretty trashed.

judging by the manual i have my lpr set to 75-80 and i just rebuilt my cp reg aswell. i have no clue whats going on the tank is fine i was able to run it on my other guns today with no issue

any advice?
Clayton1O57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-26-2014, 08:42 PM #2
Influence-Ebola
Its tough in the streets!

Influence-Ebola is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I bet it is one of the o rings on the bolt. Check for damage and try again. Make sure the board is on default when you tune it then make small changes if needed.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:46 AM #3
Clayton1O57

i will try to change them again but i am using ALL buna orings on the bolt and lpr, could that be my problem? do you think it could have anything to do with my dwell? i just do NOT think the orings are the issue because i have changed them out at least 3 times. unless it is the quality of the orings.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:44 PM #4
AlmightyRuler
Vigilante English Teacher

I had a bad leak out of my bolt a little while ago, too. I also checked the stickies & replaced the stem o-rings as the sticky recommended. Pointless. It ended up being the bolt sail. It looked okay at first glance. But I replaced it anyway. That stopped the leak right away. Replace yours. It may look good upon initial inspection. Just replace it anyway.

Are you sure you're using 100% Buna o-rings? Most are. But the inner tophat & can o-rings are urethane. I had one of those replaced recently as my bolt wasn't sliding back & forth smoothly. I've never personally taken my LPR out. I'd have to check the manual to see what they use & where.

Some Invaluable Words of Wisdom:
A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but the foolish man's heart directs him toward the left.
-Ecclesiastes 10:2
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”
-Sir Winston Churchill
"Lousy Democrats."-Homer J. Simpson
AlmightyRuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:25 PM #5
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
grss429 posts videos on PbNation
grss429 plays in the APPA D4 division
grss429 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
grss429 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
check my sig... it's cheap... it sounds like your hpr is over pressuring...... causing the 013 tophat to blow

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
grss429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:19 AM #6
Clayton1O57

Quote:
Originally Posted by grss429 View Post
check my sig... it's cheap... it sounds like your hpr is over pressuring...... causing the 013 tophat to blow

you are right about the 013 but it just keeps shooting out of the gap it goes in. I appreciate the offer but I'm just messing around with an old gun first time i pulled it out in 10 years, its not like i need it to play.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:24 AM #7
Clayton1O57

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyRuler View Post
I had a bad leak out of my bolt a little while ago, too. I also checked the stickies & replaced the stem o-rings as the sticky recommended. Pointless. It ended up being the bolt sail. It looked okay at first glance. But I replaced it anyway. That stopped the leak right away. Replace yours. It may look good upon initial inspection. Just replace it anyway.

Are you sure you're using 100% Buna o-rings? Most are. But the inner tophat & can o-rings are urethane. I had one of those replaced recently as my bolt wasn't sliding back & forth smoothly. I've never personally taken my LPR out. I'd have to check the manual to see what they use & where.

yes i am using 100% buna or rings. thats one of my questions and hopefully my issue is. thats what i ment by ALL BUNA ORINGS. every single one of my orings on the bolt and lpr including the ones that dye says to use the urethane. ill get the urethane ones and try to see if that works, if not then ill try a diffrent bolt.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:04 PM #8
harjukewm

i thought lpr being too high is what causes the 13 to blow, no?
harjukewm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:06 AM #9
jojo750
shocktech DM5

Annual Supporting Member
jojo750 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jojo750 is Boss
jojo750 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by harjukewm View Post
i thought lpr being too high is what causes the 13 to blow, no?
lpr would be too low, then having the hpr too high would cause the tophat oring to blow.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:09 PM #10
Clayton1O57

swaped out number 13. dropped lpr back to zero(25psi i think flush is) than moved 4 turns out and dropped cp reg back to zero turned up my cp half turn still had leak out of the back. swapped out the 2 #9 orings for #10 and leaks are gone. i am gettting some first shot drop but im guessing that is just due to using a low pressure tank(only tank with air). hopefully i can test it out this weekend with some paint.

Last edited by Clayton1O57 : 08-26-2014 at 05:50 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:02 PM #11
Clayton1O57

worked great small leak at the macro elbow but a little tiwst and it was gone. aired it up with my hp tank and no leaks no first shot drop no issues at all

thanks for the help guys