Annual Supporting Member
NYOC~DEVIL owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NYOC~DEVIL supports Team VICIOUS
NYOC~DEVIL is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
NYOC~DEVIL is Legendary
NYOC~DEVIL supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourneyballer27 View Post
Can you adjust the v2 reg with air in the tank? I will not attempt until I have a answer.
You should never adjust the reg with air in the tank that is a cause for a huge problem.

As per the manual for the pro but it would be the same regardless of what reg it says make sure there is no air in the tank

http://www.ninjapaintball.com/docume...0Regulator.pdf

2013 Planet Eclipse GEO 3 - Poison IV
2013 Empire Axe LE - PDD
2014 Dye Rotor - Bomber Lime
2012 Dye Rotor - Black
Dye i4 - Black
Ninja 68/4500
Ninja Pro 50/4500

Member of the World Ballers
Member of The Axe Men
NYOC~DEVIL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2014, 03:49 PM #1094
tourneyballer27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYOC~DEVIL View Post
You should never adjust the reg with air in the tank that is a cause for a huge problem.

As per the manual for the pro but it would be the same regardless of what reg it says make sure there is no air in the tank

http://www.ninjapaintball.com/docume...0Regulator.pdf
Thank you very much good sir
Old 07-29-2014, 03:54 PM #1095
NYOC~DEVIL
NYOC PAINTBALL MILITA

Annual Supporting Member
NYOC~DEVIL is Legendary
No problem more then happy to help

2013 Empire Axe LE - PDD
2012 Dye Rotor - Black
Dye i4 - Black
Ninja 68/4500
Ninja Pro 50/4500

Member of The Axe Men
Old 07-30-2014, 09:49 AM #1096
Stevenchen0616

Tank New Feature confirmation

@ Ninja

Does now ALL ninja regs are equipped with the following:
1. ball valve seals in stead of pins
2. Aluminum bonnets from standard to pro
3. Nano gauges

Because the local shop sold me this tank as claimed "Ultra Light reg". Please kindly advise.

Stevenchen0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:05 AM #1097
Nate @ Ninja PB
Ninja Paintball

Nate @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nate @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenchen0616 View Post
@ Ninja

Does now ALL ninja regs are equipped with the following:
1. ball valve seals in stead of pins
2. Aluminum bonnets from standard to pro
3. Nano gauges

Because the local shop sold me this tank as claimed "Ultra Light reg". Please kindly advise.

All Ninja regs are equipped with the high flow ball now.

The Standard reg is equipped with an alloy bonnet, standard gauge and ball valve.

The UL and PRO reg are equipped with an aluminum bonnet, mini gauge and ball valve.

From the picture you sent that looks to be an Ultralite regulator
www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
Nate @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:44 AM #1098
nyplaya513

nyplaya513 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
so I have my 68/45 sl w/ pro v2 reg which I have set with 1 shim installed for my etek 4 which works fantastic. I am now finally picking up my first high end marker, a luxe oled. The gun hasnt arrived yet so I havent gotten a chance to check the manual for it but I went ahead and picked up my new love of my life, the 77/45 sl and I lucked out that it came with a pro v2 reg as well. It was used once by a previous owner and after degassing and checking with what he gave, it also has 1 shim installed (I still have the other 2). What would be the optimal setup for a luxe oled in terms of shims being installed?
nyplaya513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:47 AM #1099
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I tend to say 450-550psi for most high end guns these days.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:48 AM #1100
nyplaya513

nyplaya513 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWayz View Post
I tend to say 450-550psi for most high end guns these days.
so keep it with the 1 shim would be fine, or just remove them all. I guess I can play around with it and test.
nyplaya513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:49 AM #1101
NYOC~DEVIL
NYOC PAINTBALL MILITA

Annual Supporting Member
NYOC~DEVIL is Legendary
I know the luxes take low pressure, so one shim is at ~550psi and no shims is at ~450 so I would go with no shims

2013 Empire Axe LE - PDD
2012 Dye Rotor - Black
Dye i4 - Black
Ninja 68/4500
Ninja Pro 50/4500

Member of The Axe Men
Old 08-04-2014, 07:15 PM #1102
Shootingropes
PewPew, Pew, 'Murica

Annual Supporting Member
Shootingropes plays in the PSP
Shootingropes is an NCPA player
Hey there.

Tank is a Ninja SL 77ci/4500psi, 3 shims in the reg (800psi output)

So I was having difficulty using the POPS ASA on my Geo3 using the V2 Pro regulator (NOT SLP or SHP). So I depressurized the entire reg, and took off the 3 bonnet screws. Unscrewing the bonnet was surprisingly difficult (says in the manual it should be pretty easy) and just felt like I was grinding the threads, almost as if it was cross threaded. It was not cross threaded, but metal shavings were in the shim stack (assuming from the threads). Also this o-ring (pictured) was completely shredded. The tank was working fine all practice, and held air for a full day until I just de-aired it a couple minutes ago.

The silver threads on the regulator are very chewed and beaten up, almost bent up from holding pressure. Now that I look inside the bonnet, the threads look decent, but metal shavings are in there as well. This tank is brand new... this is the first time taking the reg off of the tank.

So I guess what I want to know is.. what do I do? If you need me to be more specific about things, please let me know and I can take more pictures. Thanks guys.

For Sale: Project Geo
Shootingropes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:34 AM #1103
Nate @ Ninja PB
Ninja Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootingropes View Post
Hey there.

Tank is a Ninja SL 77ci/4500psi, 3 shims in the reg (800psi output)

So I was having difficulty using the POPS ASA on my Geo3 using the V2 Pro regulator (NOT SLP or SHP). So I depressurized the entire reg, and took off the 3 bonnet screws. Unscrewing the bonnet was surprisingly difficult (says in the manual it should be pretty easy) and just felt like I was grinding the threads, almost as if it was cross threaded. It was not cross threaded, but metal shavings were in the shim stack (assuming from the threads). Also this o-ring (pictured) was completely shredded. The tank was working fine all practice, and held air for a full day until I just de-aired it a couple minutes ago.

The silver threads on the regulator are very chewed and beaten up, almost bent up from holding pressure. Now that I look inside the bonnet, the threads look decent, but metal shavings are in there as well. This tank is brand new... this is the first time taking the reg off of the tank.

So I guess what I want to know is.. what do I do? If you need me to be more specific about things, please let me know and I can take more pictures. Thanks guys.
Can you send me some pictures of the bonnet and reg body to my email Nathan@ninjapaintball.com? I want to take a look at what happened there and we will get you a solution
Old 08-05-2014, 05:36 PM #1104
Shootingropes
PewPew, Pew, 'Murica

Annual Supporting Member
Shootingropes plays in the PSP
Shootingropes is an NCPA player
I just sent you an email Nate, thank you

For Sale: Project Geo
Shootingropes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:19 PM #1105
LlamaRama

has been a member for 10 years
Is ninja still doing the program to fix the tank cracks?
I knew I was dead
After that first step
I knew I would fall
After that first breath
Was the end of it all.
LlamaRama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:58 AM #1106
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER

f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
f8al posts videos on PbNation
f8al supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by LlamaRama View Post
Is ninja still doing the program to fix the tank cracks?
If you go here you can get your tanks fixed within the first hydro date of the tank.
f8al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 09:37 PM #1107
slackerwil

@Ninja
Just got my 68/4500 tank with standard adjustable reg. It came with only 2 shims in the reg, was told by a ninja tech that the 2 are the red shims and with both installed, output pressure should be ~800psi. Plug it up to my JT Impulse, works fine. Plug it up to my Automag RTP with CP ASA, marker doesn't fire. I can hear it air up but doesnt seem to put enough pressure to get the marker to fire. Suggestions? Thanks.
slackerwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:26 PM #1108
Koch713

have A PRO V2 SLP reg. didn't realize what it was until too late...
Question:
I realize others have asked SAME question but I will ask anyway;
You don't sell the spring stacks... but why can't you offer a set so one can convert there SLP to a PRO V2??

Cost prohibitive?
Every thing in that reg (SLP) is EXACTLY the same as the V2 pro... only dif. is in the spring stack correct??

By the time one sends in a SLP reg in and have it adjusted, it would cost double the price to purchase a Pro reg V2.. I get that... but....

Test a spring/brass stack to w/in your standards, pull out the stack and sell it??.....
and you have a Pro REG V2!.....YEAH......

Thank you..
Justin.
Koch713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:07 PM #1109
lopez17
Valar Morghulis

Annual Supporting Member
lopez17 is a Moderator
lopez17 is a Supporting Member
lopez17 is playing at Living Legends VII
lopez17 supports Pev's Paintball
lopez17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
lopez17 is Immortal
Had an interesting situation come up today at the field. A buddy of mine and I both bought SL 90ci/4500psi's a few weeks back. I've been running mine on my G6R for a few weeks without any issues. He went to screw his into his LV-1 today and couldn't get it to pressurize/gas up. I'm assuming this is a function of the POPS ASA not having the pin length sufficient to depress the ball on the tank reg. I believe I read about this issue a while back...but is there a workaround?

lopez17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:31 AM #1110
Nate @ Ninja PB
Ninja Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackerwil View Post
@Ninja
Just got my 68/4500 tank with standard adjustable reg. It came with only 2 shims in the reg, was told by a ninja tech that the 2 are the red shims and with both installed, output pressure should be ~800psi. Plug it up to my JT Impulse, works fine. Plug it up to my Automag RTP with CP ASA, marker doesn't fire. I can hear it air up but doesnt seem to put enough pressure to get the marker to fire. Suggestions? Thanks.
That is unusual and I apologize about that, if it is an Automag RT it may require a bit more pressure than 800 psi. Most RT's run 900 psi or more to power the response trigger but it should at least cycle with 800 psi. Can you PM me some more information on that reg and marker? (the number near the fill nipple, if the marker cycles at all etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koch713 View Post
have A PRO V2 SLP reg. didn't realize what it was until too late...
Question:
I realize others have asked SAME question but I will ask anyway;
You don't sell the spring stacks... but why can't you offer a set so one can convert there SLP to a PRO V2??

Cost prohibitive?
Every thing in that reg (SLP) is EXACTLY the same as the V2 pro... only dif. is in the spring stack correct??

By the time one sends in a SLP reg in and have it adjusted, it would cost double the price to purchase a Pro reg V2.. I get that... but....

Test a spring/brass stack to w/in your standards, pull out the stack and sell it??.....
and you have a Pro REG V2!.....YEAH......

Thank you..
Justin.
The PRO V2 SLP has a different seal on the ball and the spring is pressure relieved. The reason we don't offer that spring stack as a stand alone kit is because we want to make sure you are getting the pressures we promise and we can only do that by offering a completed regulator which is tested to SLP pressures. What type of marker are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopez17 View Post
Had an interesting situation come up today at the field. A buddy of mine and I both bought SL 90ci/4500psi's a few weeks back. I've been running mine on my G6R for a few weeks without any issues. He went to screw his into his LV-1 today and couldn't get it to pressurize/gas up. I'm assuming this is a function of the POPS ASA not having the pin length sufficient to depress the ball on the tank reg. I believe I read about this issue a while back...but is there a workaround?
There should be nothing wrong with the POPS ASA, did your friend try your 90 on his LV1? More than likely your friend did not adjust the pressure down from the stock 800 psi which the PRO V2 comes at. Having it at the stock 800 psi will make your POPS ASA more difficult to activate due to the reg pressure acting over a much larger surface area seal on the Pro V2 valve as well as the increased flow from the reg. (Force = Pressure x Area). We recommend 450-550psi with the LV1 which will make activating the POPS ASA easier and should get him going.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:16 AM #1111
Koch713

I am using two markers.... DLX Luxe 2.0's... 1 for me/ 1 for my son...
I was told NOT to use a SLP on a Luxe ...

I could always take out the SLP regulator , and sell it... ( used like 2-times from previous owner)...... and get a Ultralite... or proreg...
The issue is now... YOU TANKS ARE A BIZZATCH...to unscrew the reg out of your ninja tanks. (using gray ghosts and a red one).... I checked a NEW
Gorilla tank with a Myth reg...and I could uncrew that by hand.... ( I only have one of these)...

I am VERY talented when it comes to fixing/ working on things....
I can do anything. Obviously there is the RIGHT way and the Wrong way...
Koch713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:28 AM #1112
Nate @ Ninja PB
Ninja Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koch713 View Post
I am using two markers.... DLX Luxe 2.0's... 1 for me/ 1 for my son...
I was told NOT to use a SLP on a Luxe ...

I could always take out the SLP regulator , and sell it... ( used like 2-times from previous owner)...... and get a Ultralite... or proreg...
The issue is now... YOU TANKS ARE A BIZZATCH...to unscrew the reg out of your ninja tanks. (using gray ghosts and a red one).... I checked a NEW
Gorilla tank with a Myth reg...and I could uncrew that by hand.... ( I only have one of these)...

I am VERY talented when it comes to fixing/ working on things....
I can do anything. Obviously there is the RIGHT way and the Wrong way...
If you have a PRO V2 SLP you can always try it on your Luxe and see if it works, we have heard of people using the prov2 slp regs on their luxes due to the increased flow and it working fine but have not done the testing with that specific marker ourselves yet. Our tanks are torqued down to 45 ft/lbs of torque if you received one which was mounted by us or was bought second hand.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:41 PM #1113
apes4us
MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackerwil View Post
@Ninja
Increase the pressure on the Mag's reg (use an allen key to turn in the thing in the back of the valve), it may just be turned down too low.
apes4us is offline   Reply With Quote