Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-23-2014, 11:19 PM #211
lakemuska

Lol the dates between posts crack me up :-)
lakemuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2014, 06:03 PM #212
beastmode2112
BANG

beastmode2112 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
beastmode2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:06 AM #213
Abe_2014

4 years later and it did not pick up... Guess he was wrong about "mark my words" lol
Abe_2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:55 AM #214
GatSplat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe_2014 View Post
4 years later and it did not pick up... Guess he was wrong about "mark my words" lol
Guess you are wrong.. gog, tippmann are both coming out with new 50's in the next month, and well over half my business is 50cal.

Paintball Field Reservation & Digital Waiver System.
3 Months Free! No set up fees! Then just $50 / month.
GatSplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:00 AM #215
Shortbuscrew

Annual Supporting Member
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Shortbuscrew is for the Gunfight
Shortbuscrew is for the Gunfight
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
let it die, **** sakes, .50cal is big in the rental scene with those splatt attacks. local field has trouble getting .50 cal paint because the splatt attacks such in demand with the younger groups.
Shortbuscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:53 AM #216
ndcody

ndcody is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortbuscrew View Post
let it die, **** sakes, .50cal is big in the rental scene with those splatt attacks. local field has trouble getting .50 cal paint because the splatt attacks such in demand with the younger groups.
I don't ever browse the .50cal forum. I am bored at 3am and click on it by accident. I started at the first post and was thoroughly entertained by the entire thread. Some **** posting here and there but some good posting too. The ferocity with which it was argued about I felt like I was reading a fight between House Stark and House Lannister. Bravo to this thread may she live forever
Old 07-29-2014, 08:24 AM #217
exportA

exportA owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
exportA has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
exportA has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
?
exportA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:26 PM #218
darkfirepheonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcody View Post
I don't ever browse the .50cal forum. I am bored at 3am and click on it by accident. I started at the first post and was thoroughly entertained by the entire thread. Some **** posting here and there but some good posting too. The ferocity with which it was argued about I felt like I was reading a fight between House Stark and House Lannister. Bravo to this thread may she live forever
Loving the GOT ref here

personally I have played a few .50Cal days, I have used the Spyder Opus (rubbish!) Gi Nano and the GI Impulse. The Nano I love and would buy 1 if I could find 1!
darkfirepheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:55 AM #219
agentbp107
Let's go pro

agentbp107 plays in the PSP
agentbp107 plays in the APPA D5 division
agentbp107 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
agentbp107 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have read a lot of this forum, and personally I have to agree with the guy that said those who want it will get it, those who won't will keep playing 68. In my opionion I started playing 68 years ago and love it the pain factor isn't as big a deal as g-ing someone off the break I love to play and pain has never been an issue I started playin when I was about 11 and I learned it only stings for a second...I know the new generation is weak and all but really? My son was with me at the field when he was 1 and some how a paintball found it's way under the net and hit him in the foot. He looked at me and cried after I told him I didn't do it and wiped it off the kid was back off and running in the walker damn it thing lol Good luck with .50 hitting tournys I think it still has a long long way to go
English Mother****** DO YOU SPEAK IT?
We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men
Purple splash pooty Luxe F/S/T
agentbp107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:12 AM #220
Spitlebug
I'm rule 34...

Spitlebug is a Supporting Member
Spitlebug donated to help Peyton Trent
Spitlebug has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Spitlebug has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Spitlebug is attending Decay of Nations VI
50 caliber isn't dead. There is a push from some insurance companies to push 50 caliber to replace 68 caliber. It's referred to as "Low Impact Paintball". I cannot say much more, but if you google it you can find all about it.

Also, I would love proof that the shell for 50 caliber is less thick on average than 68 caliber.

Seems like that would be unlikely.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:58 AM #221
Hammar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokenAlcoholic View Post
None of you are going to decide it, what you say, what petitions you sign, no argument you make is going to matter. I've been playing for about 9 years now, and have seen people like you come and go. Us older guys have seen it countless other times. People were VERY outspoken against ramping, saying it will never catch on, it's cheating, etc, now look where we are. You can't find a little agglet on the field not sporting PSP mode.
Before that we had speedball, people hated speedball, telling them it was a fad and would die out.
Time and time you have the kids at the time who think they know it all trying to tell companies what they will or won't do. Companies know that within a year most of you will be gone and in will come a whole new set of impressionable young minds and bulging wallets.

I hope you're right, I think 50 Cal might save the sport.

Think about how many people might play paintball if it didn't "hurt." The market for new players would be so much bigger. 50 Cal offers that opportunity.
Hammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:01 PM #222
Hammar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitlebug View Post
50 caliber isn't dead. There is a push from some insurance companies to push 50 caliber to replace 68 caliber. It's referred to as "Low Impact Paintball". I cannot say much more, but if you google it you can find all about it.

Also, I would love proof that the shell for 50 caliber is less thick on average than 68 caliber.

Seems like that would be unlikely.
The shell thickness could be the same and it would still be low impact because the mass of 50 cal paintball is less than a 68. When the speed is equal getting hit with something that's lighter mean lower impact hits.

It hurts less to be hit with a wiffleball than a baseball right?
Hammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:19 PM #223
bchu

bchu has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bchu has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Regardless of what happens in coming years, I'm just gonna keep playing with my 68. Should there come a day when the gods of paintball hate me and I take a nut shot, I pray that they be merciful enough to make it 50 cal paint.
bchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:01 PM #224
fAllout_oMen

fAllout_oMen donated to help Peyton Trent
fAllout_oMen helped look for balloons
fAllout_oMen is an NCPA player
fAllout_oMen plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by lateralus View Post
So what's the argument here? I'm confused. Why are people afraid to evolve? If as a collective community we continue to move laterally we will never grow. Let's try new things , if they don't work they will be phased out. Paintball is just like nature. Dumb animals go extinct , so do dumb products. Example the assault 80 ( Google it ).ultimately the market will decide for us.
we did try it. the big companies have backed off now and its phasing out....
fAllout_oMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:15 PM #225
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by fAllout_oMen View Post
we did try it. the big companies have backed off now and its phasing out....
The companies have backed off pushing it to the masses. They are however ramping up production for the rental market. There is most likely more 50 cal stuff being produced right now than ever before in paintball's history. Most players are just unaware of it because it doesn't affect them.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:41 PM #226
bchu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
The companies have backed off pushing it to the masses. They are however ramping up production for the rental market. There is most likely more 50 cal stuff being produced right now than ever before in paintball's history. Most players are just unaware of it because it doesn't affect them.
Do you mean regulars or renters?
Old 08-06-2014, 08:57 AM #227
GatSplat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchu View Post
Do you mean regulars or renters?
I'm sure he means renters.

Paintball Field Reservation & Digital Waiver System.
3 Months Free! No set up fees! Then just $50 / month.
GatSplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:21 AM #228
bchu

That's what I figured. Honestly, I feel that 50 cal will help to improve paintballs image to the general public. Hurts less (given it's still under 300 fps), cheaper, and great for all age groups.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:46 AM #229
coyote5987

Annual Supporting Member
Noone and I mean noone ( inside the industry) is arguing for 50 cal to replace )8 cal.....it is 100% being pushed as a "stepping stone" into paintball

I have 5-7 year olds playing splatmaster
I have 8- any first timer playing 50 cal
I have repeat customers and older groups playing 68 cal

The sport will GROW if we can get kids in early "without as much pain" as a 68 cal marker. There are lots of kids who won't play bc it has an image of being extremely painful. The spyders at 240 fps along with the decently brittle formula 13 paint are a great combination. I have nothing but success so far!
coyote5987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:02 AM #230
tEh PwNz1c0r

I agree with you coyote, and everyone else who has said 50 cal will help get the younger crowd into the game. My little brother is 11, much younger than I, and his generation is totally MUCH wimpier than kids were even just ten years ago. I blame a number of factors, including the high quality of video games these days turning everything into a simulation a kid can partake in without having to put in any physical effort. Kids are going soft these days.

Combine that with the vast popularity of video games like call of duty and the spread of low-impact airsoft (which we all know is inferior to paintball in every way except for Call of Duty asthetics) and you've got a recipe for the death of paintball. I don't mean to sound like a grumpy old dude with a "back in my day" attitude, but it really is true. Kids are getting wimpier and wimpier and we are getting less new players into the sport.

Its a miracle if we can get them to go outside, much less play a 50 cal game.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:32 AM #231
doodlebugsportz

.50 Cal has opened up another market for field owners and has brought us a new customer base....Not just the younger players, but Moms are embracing it! Here is a article done by the local paper after a Kids Day outing;
http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20140728/BIZ/140729274

Don-DoodleBug Sportz- NW Paintball At Its Best! www.doodlebugsportz.com
Paintball Innovations- 50 Caliber Solutions www.paintballinnovations.com
doodlebugsportz is offline   Reply With Quote