PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-10-2011, 06:30 PM #22
sh4d0vv

sh4d0vv owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
sh4d0vv owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sounds a lot like a tool less pinokio with the way it feeds.
E-Flexes White
sh4d0vv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-13-2011, 02:33 PM #23
DevilDog336
Todd Walker #11

Annual Supporting Member
DevilDog336 is BST Trusted
DevilDog336 is playing at Living Legends VII
DevilDog336 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DevilDog336 supports Team VICIOUS
DevilDog336 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Shot mine today for the first time and not happy. It spikes on speed and generally sticks at 10-11 bps on a 12.5 cap. Valken needs to fix this.
VYPR GSL
DYNASTY GEO3.1
WARPED ARMY GEO3.1
X-FACTOR GEO3.1
NC Dark Army
Give us a Like!

Warped Sportz
| Planet Eclipse | HK Army
GI Sportz | Paintball Central | MBC Photography
DevilDog336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:51 AM #24
blklight
Battle Rapping

blklight plays in the PSP
blklight plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDog336 View Post
Shot mine today for the first time and not happy. It spikes on speed and generally sticks at 10-11 bps on a 12.5 cap. Valken needs to fix this.
Yep, experienced the same thing. I posted this on other threads and people didn't seem to want to hear it. I find it odd that the motor looks similar to the pinokio and it uses 2 9vs but the arm movement seems to be lacking in power.

PAINTBALL CLUB OF CHOCTAW
http://paintballclubofchoctaw.com
blklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:49 PM #25
Malitov
Ready for some pain?

Malitov owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Malitov has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Malitov has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
So just got my V-max Saturday and I'm not sure why but the damned prop only spins if three or more paintballs are in it. I try activating the wheel with my finger and the motor spins but the prop doesn't is this a design feature or is my loader messed up?

Co-Captain Knights Templar
Malitov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:41 PM #26
papaintballer15
Ya, thats me at your base

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends V
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends VII
papaintballer15 supports Bob Gurnsey
papaintballer15 posts videos on PbNation
papaintballer15 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
papaintballer15 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
sounds like your prop might not be connected
papaintballer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:33 PM #27
Malitov
Ready for some pain?

Malitov owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Malitov has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Malitov has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
It spins it's *** off with paint in it but won't spin for **** with just activating it by hand. It's weird because I'd though if it wasn't connected it would do all the time but seems to only do it without paint.

Co-Captain Knights Templar
Malitov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:26 PM #28
jimbo69ny

Any knews on battery life or a single 9v adaper? I have two DueyDog Bone batteries left over from using Halo's. Id like to be able to mod a V-Max to use them in there.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:09 PM #29
Luigi Speed 05
PBN made me a gun whore..

Luigi Speed 05 plays in the PSP
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the APPA D4 division
Luigi Speed 05 supports DLX Technology
to the op: damn, excellent review, wish I had seen it before I bought mine and also before I wasted my time writing my own. yours is very complete and I agree with almost everything you said. thing is, before I bought it, I googled and searched here for combinations of "v max review"... but cos of the way you named it, it didn't show up. put it up on the review section already. good job!

$outh Beach Pimp$ sponsored by: Planet Eclipse, SobePaintball, Deadly Wind, Ninja Paintball & The Ford Report

DaLuxeMob

Last edited by Luigi Speed 05 : 09-19-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Luigi Speed 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:53 PM #30
Bandaiboy

I just picked up a vmax today and put in fresh duracells I'm going to leave the batteries in, I hope I don't have the issue of the vmax draining my batteries when it's off. As for my rotor, I usually replace the batteries once every 2-3months and I play weekly.

Ran 2 hoppers through it 1 full blast, the other in short bursts trying to find any hickups or interrupts. Followed by my rotor right after.

Full Blast - was okay at 15.4 but there were instances where the loader couldn't keep up, The drive cone or spindle section of the loader isn't that big so i'd imagine gravity couldnt feed paint into the cone quickly enough or it was popcorning (the spindle arms move rather quickly). The bigger the drive spindle is the more paint it can load in 1 revolution and hence it doesnt need to spin as quickly (Prophecy). There are moments where the loader keeps up brilliantly though.

Short Burts - no problems at all, I could draw happy smiles all day. If you rip it for more than 2 seconds you'll notice the loader speeds up and really starts to rip.

Rotor comparison - Rotor is definitely the winner in pure feeding but the weight is something I may or may not notice switching between loaders.

Conclusion - not a bad loader, it's definitely cheap but does a good job considering how expensive rotors are to buy. Weight is amazing with batteries it's nearly a half lbs lighter than the rotor. Will have to see how it is with battery usage. Even if I end up sticking with my rotor for xball, I think I may have found an expensive replacement for my revi for pump nights.
Bandaiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:21 PM #31
huh101

huh101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
huh101 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawnyron View Post
Just used mine this weekend. I like the feel of the loader on the gun, weight and profile but that's really about it.

My likes:
-shell construction feels very sturdy
-it is very easy to take apart
-I like how the spring is integrated to the lid so when you remove the lid the spring stays with it.
-it really does feel light on the gun

My gripes (some bigger than others):

-The agitator spins slow and weak (with brand new energizers, volt tested)
-The on/off button feels flimsy, the light is very hard to see on a bright day, and I dont like how when powering down the loader you have to hold it down and the light doesnt turn off till you release it.
-I also think that agitator arms are flimsy have the potential to degrade
-the lid pops open way too easily, every chest slide it popped open on me, even with my gun standing on the ground and it just tipping over would pop the lid open
-dont know what it was about the design, but when running and gunning the hopper would not feed fast enough for psp 12bps. i guess take this for what it is because maybe I dont run as smooth as most but I have never had a problem with a rotor/proph/pinokio

Overall it was decent if I were to rate it I would give it a 6/10. It is definitely not worth the price point imo. I doubt I will be using it in anything but practice or recball at the moment. I would like to see a better board and agitator for it (cmon Virtue, get on it) and I am looking to try out the speedfeed. It has potential but needs modification.
I had mostly this experience. Was expecting more from a 100+$ loader. I was shooting much slower then a teammate at 12.5. I was shooting less then 10. It was awful. Running and gunning seemed even worse. Needless to say Im getting rid of this piece.

huh101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:59 PM #32
AirSin2000
Tengoungato?

AirSin2000 supports Team VICIOUS
AirSin2000 posts videos on PbNation
AirSin2000 supports Empire
I'm thinking the speed problem is caused by the paddles I think it is too soft to keep a steady force to push paint down the feedneck. I am going to have to see if I can stiffen the paddles, it'll improve the consistency/bps of it. When I get something figured out, and rigged up I'll post up.
AirSin2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:10 PM #33
papaintballer15
Ya, thats me at your base

Annual Supporting Member
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends V
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends VII
papaintballer15 supports Bob Gurnsey
papaintballer15 posts videos on PbNation
papaintballer15 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
papaintballer15 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
when im not feelin lazy imma try both a egg and pinokio paddle in it to see if there is a difference. I have suggested to valken to make a harder paddle for it just as a user option
Old 09-30-2011, 05:54 AM #34
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cfl mike supports Team VICIOUS
cfl mike is for the Gunfight
cfl mike has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Call Valken if you are having problems, duh. Its not the paddles not being stiff enough either, and stiffening them might lead to jam problems, and or make it harder for it to prime its self (no button). Valken has reported on other cases of this, it being from the impeller/drive cone being screwed down too tight, thats a simple fix.

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

I want your G6r parts and upgrades, sell them to me, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3808906
cfl mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:48 AM #35
huh101

huh101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
huh101 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfl mike View Post
Call Valken if you are having problems, duh. Its not the paddles not being stiff enough either, and stiffening them might lead to jam problems, and or make it harder for it to prime its self (no button). Valken has reported on other cases of this, it being from the impeller/drive cone being screwed down too tight, thats a simple fix.
Drop test it works fine. But once I put it on a gun it shoots slow as ****. I couldnt understand it. We put it on 2 guns and both of them were shooting well below 12.5.

huh101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:30 PM #36
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cfl mike supports Team VICIOUS
cfl mike is for the Gunfight
cfl mike has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

I want your G6r parts and upgrades, sell them to me, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3808906
cfl mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:51 PM #37
dmartindrummer

Finally took mine out to Day of Days in Pittsburgh this past weekend. Here is the major thing I noticed.
This hopper cannot force feed any paint when angled. Straight up and down the hopper was easily keeping up with my mini but as soon as i angled my mini and the hopper the vmax just wouldn't feed correctly and I had to continuously prime it with the button. All in all I still like it and am glad to have it.

My Feedback MCB

Dangerous Power G4 in Purple, Freak Bored stock barrel with 0.684 insert, Dye SS Boomstick, Empire Ultra 56/4500 HPA tank, Halo B w/custom SPD Scarface Shell and Cheetah Board
dmartindrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:05 PM #38
Luigi Speed 05
PBN made me a gun whore..

Luigi Speed 05 plays in the PSP
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the APPA D4 division
Luigi Speed 05 supports DLX Technology

$outh Beach Pimp$ sponsored by: Planet Eclipse, SobePaintball, Deadly Wind, Ninja Paintball & The Ford Report

DaLuxeMob
Luigi Speed 05 is offline   Reply With Quote