PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-07-2014, 12:11 AM #1
Yamclam

Yamclam owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Hammer 7 Custom stock sniper.

I present my customized Spyder Hammer 7 build.

Although I am a speedballer I started by playing pump in the bush and always dreamed of having a sick paintball sniper rifle so I finally got around to building one.
I aimed to make a fully integrated sniper with no hopper or remote lines to get in the way and to fire exclusively first strike rounds.
The Hammer 7 fit the bill perfectly with the mag feed and 15 degree bottle asa with a frankly unbeatable price point; I was extremely surprised and happy with the quality of the stock Hammer 7 so a shout out to Kingman there.

The stock is the 2nd design I came up with (on paper) with the first being a standard rifle style stock but this would cause problems with the stock grip and the tank location; My second design was more based on a bench target shooting style stock with the grip angle and location of the hammer copied.
I was originally hoping to make it out of walnut for classic look but had trouble finding a piece in New Zealand which had the right dimensions to include the grip so I found a very nice bit of heart macrocarpa which I started work on. This was going well until I had almost finished carving it out to fit the Hammer where it split catastrophically down the length forcing me to find another solution. This was a big blow and delayed the project for many months as I was so disheartened and frustrated. I eventually got my motivation back and aimed to complete it by Armageddon (New Zealand's biggest paintball event) in March 2014 and went back to the drawing board.
I started the stock with the same pattern I designed but this time laminated 5 layers of ply wood together, allowing me to cut the profile of the hammer out of the inner-sections then just glue 'veneer' sections on the outside to hold it together. This worked perfectly and despite a couple of small mistakes in my measurements the hammer fit great; From then on it was shaping purely by hand and eye to get the curves and angles needed, then a ton of sanding and my special grain filling techniques to get it smooth and uniform (very hard with ply) then prime and paint.

You will have to ignore the scrapes and bumps on it in the images as I gave it quite a beating in the bush/forest at Armageddon, my team-mate/friend even knocked off the bipod and rail as I previously had wood screws that were far too wimpy holding them in. The paint is also missing in a few spots but when I get around to it I will completely resurface it to get it back to new condition.

Anyway, massive un-checked, convoluted spiel over here are the details of parts/modifications:

Kingman Spyder Hammer 7 - Fully micro polished internals
- Slightly reworked trigger for cleaner break
- Slot cut in the upper to allow the bolt to pivot
for the more realistic feel (right-side only)
- Window added to display when the magazine
is empty (The stock covers this but meh)

Ninja 3k 12cui Hpa tank

Front mini weaver rail (bipod currently attached)

Bipod

3-9x zoom, 40mm rifle scope with rubberized outer

Elevated scope rings

Custom bolt handle

Hammerhead barrel (back) which is rifled to give the First strike rounds pre-spin and more accuracy

Lapco hushshot extension (front) to extend the barrel and add porting

Stock Hammer 7 barrel tip ( I have two others but they don't look nearly as good)

And finally the fully custom, fully hand built stock I made.

Also to Paintball shop and Armageddon for the prizes you gave me for it, they are awesome!

*ps sorry the picture resolution sucks, had the camera on the settings for pics for ebay.

Yamclam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2014, 05:22 AM #2
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
Awesome build, simple yet effective.

you should check this out. http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ght=hammer+dam

I'm all out of ideas again and this text is so plain.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new look.
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:52 PM #3
ixipaulixi

Annual Supporting Member
ixipaulixi is BST Trusted
That is absolutely stunning!
ixipaulixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:57 PM #4
Epsidufus

Wait that's a home-made stock from plywood!? Wow many levels of respect for you, great build!
Epsidufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:16 PM #5
alldayyyyy

Wow man I'm really liking it!!! Sick wood work!! I would have made one out of foam and then shaped it in fiberglass lol but i can't believe thats wood. Hows she shoot?

I love how spyders don't get the respect they deserve when the sport is flooded with tippmanns. I've been playing since i was young when all we had was brass eagles! Anyway a few short spurts of PMI pirranna and the Hornet (best pump I've ever shot). and then my spider shutter which I played with for like 15 years and was awesome. I just got into Milsim style and originally had a salvo which I got rid of after like 2 months (not a fan of tippmann) and got the EMR5… great gun, very happy and smokes just about everyone out there in woods ball. Rant over…. lol.

Just a question… how did you micro polish the internals? MR5 internals look like a micro polished barrel.

You make me want to convert my Hornet to a sniper!
alldayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:44 PM #6
Yamclam

Yamclam owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Thanks for the comment man, shoots great! Wish I had the time/skill to do a fiberglass version.

Accuracy is what you'd expect from 1st strikes with a rifled barrel; I have it zero'd for about 30 yards and easily hits a mask every shot at that range.

I polished it with various metal polishes + lathe, I mainly smoothed out the sear like mad to improve the trigger pull.

It'll never shoot as smooth or as perfectly as my ccm s6.5 but for the price it is great and I only really made it for fun as I really only play speedball, I end up just renting it to mates every 2nd weekend.
Yamclam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 04:12 PM #7
Suspect 69

Great work Man. Super cool

XVIII Airborne Division Commanderl NE Allied Command.

Team SOD- NY-NJ Rec Ballers Since 1996
Shocker 4x4 SF, Shocker NXT, Russian Legion Shocker, Bob Long Alias, WORR Pro-Stock 'Cocker, PE EGO 11, and a PGP for up close and personal.
Suspect 69 is offline   Reply With Quote