Advertisement
Old 07-18-2014, 02:00 PM #86
Nialator
Mt. Doom Ballers

has been a member for 10 years
Nialator is playing at Living Legends VII
Nialator has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Nialator supports Empire
No hurry whatsoever, Jack. Be safe out of town.

"Try to look unimportant; they may be low on ammo."
-Infantry Journal

"It is fatal to enter any battle without the WILL to win it." -Gen. Douglas MacArthur
Nialator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:54 PM #87
Durk85
You can't be serious....

Durk85 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Durk85 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Durk85 supports Team VICIOUS
So I have both a Geo+ and my Indy that I use and I still feel more confident with my Alien. Nothing against PE, my Geo is a great gun but that Indy just rips
Durk85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:32 PM #88
mockman12

mockman12 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Picked up an '11 Indy, and it has a small leak coming out from the cup seal...its one/both of the outer orings on the cup seal; thing still chronos at 290+/- less than 10fps (what a beast).

My question is can anyone confirm the orings are a size 18?
Thanks
mockman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:36 PM #89
Forrestball

No I thought they were around 15 size but I'm not 100% if you have any kind of oring kit they'll probably be some in there of the right size just match them up.
Forrestball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:35 AM #90
mockman12

I have a shocker kit, with a sizer and it seemed to match up with the 18...i tried a 17 cause thats the closest size my kit has and it made the leak get worse. Ill post an update later after I try some 15's; if not then I'll just have to head up to the PB shop to try a few different ones out.

Anyone else know the size?
Old 07-30-2014, 11:41 AM #91
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Swap the front oring to the back of the valve and the back to the front. It's almost always the front oring on the dump chamber side causing the problem. Slap some dow 55 on there if you have it and they'll swell up to fit better.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:45 PM #92
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Sorry - said I'd post and then forgot .
LPR most are the 018 - but yes some are the 017 - but they are only 017 or 018 nothing hard about replacing those - as long as you go to a hardware store and truely get 017 or 018 and not somehting close - that may be metric - that looks like it fits.

On CUP seals it's a different matter.
Indy's take 015 - bottle O'Rings, but the Invasion was made in Taiwan - like most guns - or at least the better guns - and they take the metric 14 mm by 2 2 mm.

A 14 x 2 is very close to a 015, but a little fatter. If you have a gun - any gun and the bottle O'Rings seem to have trouble sealing on a non moving part - that is a great way to get it to seal. Dow 55 may work too, but if you pride yourself on fixing guns and you want to be impressive fixing doubled stacked guns that leak at the cup seal - have a few of those in your kit. Be careful when you install them as they sometimes cut easier over the hole for the set screw screw. Take something - pic or Flathead screwdriver and tuck it back under and into the bottom bore.

And players, why so many want to take out the cup seal is a mystery to me. Unless it leaks I would never take out my Cup seal. Players want to "rebuild" their guns by installing new O'Ring. If you like guns that need O'Ring replaced - there are lots of Spool guns out there. On a poppet you are not helping - making it last longer - servicing your gun, doing anything positive by taking the cup seal out. Just giving it a chance to cut and leak.
And even if it leaks it probably the cap - or dirt between the cup seal and cap. Clean the cup seal in place and inspect and clean the cap.
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:51 PM #93
mockman12

Thanks for the help...I actually swapped it out with an 18 and it sealed it right up, that was the matching size that was on there. I may see if I have a 15 but there's no leak or loss in FPS.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:08 PM #94
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by mockman12 View Post
I may see if I have a 15 but there's no leak
See above and repeat after me - I'll never take the cup seal out of my gun unless I have already cleaned the pin and the seat and it still leaks. Those other guys make guns that need a lot of service - not my Alien
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:10 PM #95
mockman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rice View Post
See above and repeat after me - I'll never take the cup seal out of my gun unless I have already cleaned the pin and the seat and it still leaks. Those other guys make guns that need a lot of service - not my Alien
Well, did that and it still leaked... Not saying they need servicing all the time either...this gun is a collectors gun and looks like it hasn't seen the field in its long 3 years of life; and I know the last owner hasn't serviced those o-rings in probably a year, but most likely they haven't been lubed in way longer than that. I put air to a gun that has been sitting in a closet for at least a year and a o-ring got a small leak...that its lol...that says plenty about the quaility of these guns don't worry. Also it was a 30 sec fix cause it was so easy to take out; nice when design/maintenance work together. Just thought it is interesting that it had a size 18 on it, which I used and it fit/sealed right up...while you said use a 15...that's all I was bringing up. I pride myself in knowing guns I own and just saying Im impressed that I was able to fix this gun that I just put my hands on in a matter of minutes, though I hope a B.S. in ME and working on a wide range of markers would give me a slight advantage lol.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:27 PM #96
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
It's funny because over the years I've actually put larger than required orings in the valves of many guns. It's a bit tougher to get them in, but often a lot more dependable.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote