Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-16-2014, 11:11 PM #1
tgibbons32

Back At It!!

So I use to play paintball quite a bit but I had kids and decided to get rid of most of my gear. I still have my beginner Spyder Elite...but its 15 years old... Over the past very years, my son has heard stories and wanted to play so this past weekend I took him out and he loved it. He is already asking when we can go again. We used the field equipment (BT, compressed air, and masks)... It worked great, no complaints but once you have had your own equipment... it is hard not to have your own equipment... I am sure that makes sense. I have pretty much been out of the sport for the past 12 years... I am not looking at spending hundreds of dollars like I use to.. but would like a good gun (dependable, quick, accurate, easy to work on). I use to have an Automag... which I loved and hated to get rid of...(moment of silence) So I am looking for advice on a good marker to be competitive but not kill my wallet. I have noticed a few guns on Ebay and CL but wouldn't know the difference between good or bad any more? My Spyder still shoots true and is very dependable but is loud and a bit heavy. I may pass it on to my son.
Thanks for any advice you can pass my way...
tgibbons32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2014, 12:23 AM #2
LunarEclipse02

Rent a few more times just to make sure you will stay in it before you dump money on something you may not stick with. Also your first investment should be a really nice high end mask.
LunarEclipse02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:23 AM #3
tgibbons32

Yes.. I was thinking about the mask... I don't see this being an every weekend deal as my son and daughter are in competitive sports but probably a handful of times a year. So I don't see spending 1000's of dollars but if I can pick something up off CL or Ebay.. even a project... might be worth it... I just need to get an understand of all the brands/styles out there...
tgibbons32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:54 PM #4
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I recommend the GoG eNMEy. It's mechanical, inexpensive, and so much fun to use. You can get an eNMEy, a great mask, a steel tank, and a Primo hopper for $300 - $350, depending on which mask you choose.

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:28 PM #5
soccerstud_2009
I LIKE TURTLES

Annual Supporting Member
soccerstud_2009 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerstud_2009 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by liverlip View Post
I recommend the GoG eNMEy. It's mechanical, inexpensive, and so much fun to use. You can get an eNMEy, a great mask, a steel tank, and a Primo hopper for $300 - $350, depending on which mask you choose.
Just spend the money and buy a carbon fiber tank. You will regret the steel tank later on down the road.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:30 AM #6
xzmba

xzmba owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I'd have you and your son to try on some masks first and then buying the rest of the equipment next, you want to get a nice mask that fits comfortable and is breathable for you.
xzmba is offline   Reply With Quote