Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2014, 03:01 AM #1072
autodee74
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
I'm getting ready to send in a few of my tanks for the gelcoat issue. I just had one of them hydro tested because my tank is 05/09. Am I going to have to send it back in to be tested again when I get it back? I don't see how the sticker will be able to be reused. Thanks in advance!
autodee74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2014, 11:16 AM #1073
Nate @ Ninja PB
Ninja Paintball
 
Nate @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Illinois
Nate @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nate @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by autodee74 View Post
I'm getting ready to send in a few of my tanks for the gelcoat issue. I just had one of them hydro tested because my tank is 05/09. Am I going to have to send it back in to be tested again when I get it back? I don't see how the sticker will be able to be reused. Thanks in advance!
We cover our tanks for any cracked gelcoat issue until the first hydro. Unfortunately once the tank is hydrotested the label cannot be reapplied without retesting the bottle which is why we cover it until that point. Your other tanks can be sent in and resurfaced though if you did not hydrotest them yet.
__________________
Ninja Paintball
Made in the USA
www.Ninjapaintball.com
www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
Nate @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:36 AM #1074
autodee74
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate @ Ninja PB View Post
We cover our tanks for any cracked gelcoat issue until the first hydro. Unfortunately once the tank is hydrotested the label cannot be reapplied without retesting the bottle which is why we cover it until that point. Your other tanks can be sent in and resurfaced though if you did not hydrotest them yet.
So I can't even have the tank repaired at all? if it hadn't been tested would I be able to get it fixed since it just went out of hydro? I didn't know about the warranty until recently
autodee74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:55 AM #1075
Nate @ Ninja PB
Ninja Paintball
 
Nate @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Illinois
Nate @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nate @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by autodee74 View Post
So I can't even have the tank repaired at all? if it hadn't been tested would I be able to get it fixed since it just went out of hydro? I didn't know about the warranty until recently
Sorry about that, we can apply an epoxy repair to a chip on the tank but the process for the resurfacing of the cracked tanks strips off the entire outside gel coating and applies the crack resistant formula to the tank. So anything which is applied to the outside gel coating like a hydro label is stripped off. If the tank was sent in prior to you having it hydrotested, even if the tank was outside of hydro, we would have been able to recoat it and then you could hydrotest it etc.
__________________
Ninja Paintball
Made in the USA
www.Ninjapaintball.com
www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
Nate @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:05 PM #1076
autodee74
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate @ Ninja PB View Post
Sorry about that, we can apply an epoxy repair to a chip on the tank but the process for the resurfacing of the cracked tanks strips off the entire outside gel coating and applies the crack resistant formula to the tank. So anything which is applied to the outside gel coating like a hydro label is stripped off. If the tank was sent in prior to you having it hydrotested, even if the tank was outside of hydro, we would have been able to recoat it and then you could hydrotest it etc.
Thanks for getting back to me right away. I'll worry about the other tanks for now. so the new coating should never crack like the old coating right?
autodee74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:35 PM #1077
Nate @ Ninja PB
Ninja Paintball
 
Nate @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Illinois
Nate @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nate @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by autodee74 View Post
Thanks for getting back to me right away. I'll worry about the other tanks for now. so the new coating should never crack like the old coating right?
Correct
__________________
Ninja Paintball
Made in the USA
www.Ninjapaintball.com
www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
Nate @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:10 PM #1078
NBTippy
ping pong champ
 
NBTippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NB, Canada
Annual Supporting Member
NBTippy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NBTippy plays in the APPA D5 division
NBTippy has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Lately when I fill my tank its been making a strange sound (like something out of an old video game) so I figured I should take a look at the reg. I took it apart and cleaned it out (it was quite dirty inside with like a yellow dust, and the orings were quite dry.) am I okay to use eclipse grease on the o-rings? I read the manual section about maintenance and it said to use ninja grease, just wanted to double check that eclipse grease will be fine. Tanks aren't normally something I like to fiddle with, removing and re-adding shims is about all I've done with tanks.
__________________
NBTippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:02 PM #1079
WildWayz
The Moose God
 
WildWayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: UK
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
If Planet Grease is DOW33, then it is fine to use. It needs to be a silicon based lube.
__________________
For Freelance 3D Rendering Services, Manual Writing Service or Setting Up Support Ticket Systems visit here: My Services Thread
WildWayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:18 AM #1080
gadgetgun27
 
 
gadgetgun27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
How much bigger is a ninja SL 68/45 to a ninja SL 77/45? Both have the same reg on.
gadgetgun27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:51 AM #1081
Nate @ Ninja PB
Ninja Paintball
 
Nate @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Illinois
Nate @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nate @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetgun27 View Post
How much bigger is a ninja SL 68/45 to a ninja SL 77/45? Both have the same reg on.
This should give you an idea:

__________________
Ninja Paintball
Made in the USA
www.Ninjapaintball.com
www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
Nate @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:41 PM #1082
NYOC~DEVIL
NYOC PAINTBALL MILITA
 
NYOC~DEVIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Annual Supporting Member
NYOC~DEVIL owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NYOC~DEVIL supports Team VICIOUS
NYOC~DEVIL has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
NYOC~DEVIL has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NYOC~DEVIL is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
NYOC~DEVIL supports Empire
When I bought the 77SL I didn't really noticed a difference in the length its 1/4 of an inch longer. I couldn't get over how light it was when I first bought it
__________________


2013 Planet Eclipse GEO 3 - Poison IV
2013 Empire Axe LE - PDD
2014 Dye Rotor - Bomber Lime
2012 Dye Rotor - Black
Dye i4 - Black
Ninja 68/4500
Ninja Pro 50/4500


Member of the World Ballers
Member of The Axe Men
NYOC~DEVIL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:12 PM #1083
fidai
 
 
fidai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mars
I can't turn on my DM14 ASA with Ninja pro V2 reg, i have only 1 shim and tried to adjust the ASA with Dye tool but no luck. Any idea what i can do?

Last edited by fidai : 07-23-2014 at 03:22 PM.
fidai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:41 PM #1084
lurq
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Ninja Pro V2 - Bad threads and machining

Hey,

Just got a Ninja Pro V2 with some issues. At first I wasn't able to screw it in at all in a couple of my ASAs. I noticed that the threads at the end was much taller, very sharp and looked a bit like a saw blade. Since I'm in Europe I didn't even bother returning it to ANSgear, but I used a file and finished the job... Now it works great with all ASAs except for one.

The remaining problem is with a Bob Long Cam Drive, for which I'm not able to screw the Ninja all the way in. It looks like either the ASA isn't threaded deep enough or that the Ninja is threaded too far. The Bob Long ASA still takes all other regulators I've tried.

I don't have enough regulators or ASAs to decided which one is faulty... What is the most likely?
lurq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:46 PM #1085
Booyahkai
 
 
Booyahkai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Philly
 has been a member for 10 years
Booyahkai plays in the PSP
Booyahkai plays in the APPA D3 division
The duracoat on my tank has almost completely come off. Does the warranty cover this or just the clear coat?
Booyahkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:43 PM #1086
murdercrow
The Gnargoyle
 
murdercrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 208/8B via 307/22
Called earlier today and left a message, no callback, maybe after hours. Figured I'd leave this out while I try to find the answer elsewhere -

I've got a Pro Reg, running LP for my G6R. End of my last day of play, I started getting bad shootdown. Blah blah blah, found out the oring around my reg pin had started trying to escape. Replaced it, aired back up to test it out, all good, shot off half a hopper, and towards the end, shootdown again. Pulled the tank, and sure enough, another oring headed for my solenoid. I assume I have a bent pin.
__________________
I paint masks! And loaders!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...=#post81562097
murdercrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:52 AM #1087
Nate @ Ninja PB
Ninja Paintball
 
Nate @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Illinois
Nate @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nate @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidai View Post
I can't turn on my DM14 ASA with Ninja pro V2 reg, i have only 1 shim and tried to adjust the ASA with Dye tool but no luck. Any idea what i can do?
I apologize about that, give us a call today at 815-477-0007 Ext 316 and we will get you in touch with our tech and we will get you a solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurq View Post
Hey,

Just got a Ninja Pro V2 with some issues. At first I wasn't able to screw it in at all in a couple of my ASAs. I noticed that the threads at the end was much taller, very sharp and looked a bit like a saw blade. Since I'm in Europe I didn't even bother returning it to ANSgear, but I used a file and finished the job... Now it works great with all ASAs except for one.

The remaining problem is with a Bob Long Cam Drive, for which I'm not able to screw the Ninja all the way in. It looks like either the ASA isn't threaded deep enough or that the Ninja is threaded too far. The Bob Long ASA still takes all other regulators I've tried.

I don't have enough regulators or ASAs to decided which one is faulty... What is the most likely?
That is hard to say without getting some more information, can you send us an email to Marty@ninjapaintball.com and we will make sure we get that taken care of for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyahkai View Post
The duracoat on my tank has almost completely come off. Does the warranty cover this or just the clear coat?
100% safe to use, warranty covers any manufacturers defects, just fill out our warranty form on our website and that will give you a shipping label to send it in for recoating for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdercrow View Post
Called earlier today and left a message, no callback, maybe after hours. Figured I'd leave this out while I try to find the answer elsewhere -
I've got a Pro Reg, running LP for my G6R. End of my last day of play, I started getting bad shootdown. Blah blah blah, found out the oring around my reg pin had started trying to escape. Replaced it, aired back up to test it out, all good, shot off half a hopper, and towards the end, shootdown again. Pulled the tank, and sure enough, another oring headed for my solenoid. I assume I have a bent pin.
I apologize about that, I am not sure what line or time you called but I will check if anyone has a voice mail and make sure we call you back and get you an answer.
__________________
Ninja Paintball
Made in the USA
www.Ninjapaintball.com
www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
Nate @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:35 PM #1088
Counterfeit_Syn5304
-1uP-
 
Counterfeit_Syn5304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Wiscompton
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Counterfeit_Syn5304 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Counterfeit_Syn5304 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Counterfeit_Syn5304 supports Team VICIOUS
Counterfeit_Syn5304 supports Pev's Paintball
Counterfeit_Syn5304 is Legendary
Counterfeit_Syn5304 supports Empire


I also seemed to notice that the tank pictured seemed to have a smaller tank length than my 2013 bca dura tank. I measured from the neck of the bottom and both are 68/45 tanks. I didn't measure regs because I know they are different.
__________________

Last edited by Counterfeit_Syn5304 : 07-28-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Counterfeit_Syn5304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:55 PM #1089
tourneyballer27
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: southern california
Can you adjust the v2 reg with air in the tank? I will not attempt until I have a answer.
__________________
NPPL,WCPPL- Naughty By Nature"NxN"
Sponsors-Giant Paintball,Empire Paintball,HK Army,Kee Action Sports
tourneyballer27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:23 PM #1090
Booyahkai
 
 
Booyahkai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Philly
 has been a member for 10 years
Booyahkai plays in the PSP
Booyahkai plays in the APPA D3 division
I removed all the shims from my reg and the output pressure is still 800psi. I have a tester to confirm this. No the gauge is not broken. I have another ninja tank with all the shims removed and the pressure is 450psi.
Booyahkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:13 AM #1091
WildWayz
The Moose God
 
WildWayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: UK
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourneyballer27 View Post
Can you adjust the v2 reg with air in the tank? I will not attempt until I have a answer.
I can't answer for the v2 - but the normal v1 - it has it lazered on the bonnet that you must dump ALL AIR before adjusting the collar or shims. So no air in the system.
__________________
For Freelance 3D Rendering Services, Manual Writing Service or Setting Up Support Ticket Systems visit here: My Services Thread
WildWayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:13 AM #1092
Mybadbrah
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: 9OH!4, Fl
Mybadbrah owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Mybadbrah owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Just got my brand new 68/45 in the mail and looking at the reg I've got to 7.5k burst disks instead of the 1.8 and 7.5
Mybadbrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump