Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2014, 10:14 PM #22
NYEric
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by finner31 View Post
We mainly practice at mirabel paintball in Canada. A majority of the players play CXBL and psp as well.
Cool, next time I'm in Mtl I will try to get there, thx.
NYEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2014, 09:51 PM #23
minikillersam
what it do baby boo
 
minikillersam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Maryland
minikillersam supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolarrow View Post
the original image was one of my favorite teams growing up, they never went on massive winning streaks but they were a blast to watch, super aggressive, people dying everywhere, good stuff.

My first tournament I traveled to was zap am open in 98 and I got to play against one of the mau maus in 10 man, he was guesting on what I assume to be their sister / farm team. I ran at him with my 16 inch boomstick and bunkered him through about 8 feet of shrubs, blew him up, then I heard the clink of an auto cocker back block and noticed I was shot after the fact in the knee. ref pulled me and left him. I was so mad as a kid I knew it was one of the mau maus because I could see the glasses on underneath his JTs. the rest is history. lol
Well it's just dumb to try to kill a mau-mau. That's your own damn fault.
#rookie.
#40islife
minikillersam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:28 AM #24
darian1819
rt.40 paintball
 
darian1819's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: MD
darian1819 is playing at Living Legends VII
darian1819 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I should show Tom Maliszewski, i think he'd be amused lol
darian1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:48 PM #25
nolarrow
 
 
nolarrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New York City
 has been a member for 10 years
nolarrow plays in the APPA D4 division
nolarrow has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by minikillersam View Post
Well it's just dumb to try to kill a mau-mau. That's your own damn fault.
#rookie.
#40islife
You live and you learn man..... live and you learn
nolarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:54 PM #26
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.
 
John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: STL
Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolarrow View Post
the original image was one of my favorite teams growing up, they never went on massive winning streaks but they were a blast to watch, super aggressive, people dying everywhere, good stuff.

My first tournament I traveled to was zap am open in 98 and I got to play against one of the mau maus in 10 man, he was guesting on what I assume to be their sister / farm team. I ran at him with my 16 inch boomstick and bunkered him through about 8 feet of shrubs, blew him up, then I heard the clink of an auto cocker back block and noticed I was shot after the fact in the knee. ref pulled me and left him. I was so mad as a kid I knew it was one of the mau maus because I could see the glasses on underneath his JTs. the rest is history. lol
That's odd. All three brothers were well recognized pros by then. None of them should have been allowed to play in the Am Open in 1998.
__________________
Your questions are answered in the PbNation FAQ. Ask a Mod.
We deserve better villains.
"I have not seen an automag shot in anger in 10 years." Tom Cole
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:14 PM #27
nolarrow
 
 
nolarrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New York City
 has been a member for 10 years
nolarrow plays in the APPA D4 division
nolarrow has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
That's odd. All three brothers were well recognized pros by then. None of them should have been allowed to play in the Am Open in 1998.
Agreed, but there were plenty of sleepers playing in that event.

I also made a mistake, this was the 2000 zap am, not 98. My apologies.

I grew up in NY and played at GZ's home field. One of the front players on GZ who shall remain nameless played with a local team from NJ in the 5 man.

I remember seeing Hans (spelling?), the smart parts tech playing with an AA sister / farm team. They were rocking the prototype impulses. Not sure if hans was ever on the All A's so this one is specious as best. I think the team name was "The High Landers"

EDIT:

OK, did a little research. Here's Hans on the AA roster for 2001

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tour...roroster.shtml
nolarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:02 AM #28
GoodFellasThuglife
The OG THUGLIFE
 
GoodFellasThuglife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Western New York
GoodFellasThuglife is a Supporting Member
glad to see original franchises coming back with roots in the hay day of Paintball blowing up big.
__________________
LOCKOUT 2014 PSP Open Pump
grcpaintball.com
empirepaintball.com
boblongdirect.com
ninjapaintball.com
razalife.com
I want you FREEFLOW COCKER or PUMP
GoodFellasThuglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:37 PM #29
fisher
Yes, I'm old.
 
fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: georgia
fisher is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Image will always be one of those teams that is sacred to me. Hope the new guys do them justice.

__________________
PBA UWL
fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump