PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-30-2014, 10:35 AM #1
Simi Baller
Pillow Fort Architect

Simi Baller has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Most Memorable Friendly Fire Moment?

We all hate getting shot by our own team, but it happens to all of us. What's yours?

Mine happened two days ago on a rec, town style field. I bolted straight up the middle and got to a T shaped house and was snap shooting around the corner. As I popped out, I got bounced in the back twice, and three more hit the wood above my head. I screamed, "I'm on your team!" I then see the guy nod and say "Ok, ok," next time I go to do a head check, and again, more balls hit the wood from behind me. Again, I yell, and again, he nods and says "Ok,ok," Finally, I rolled off a few shots and was about to make a move when I hear frantic footsteps from behind,and then I hear and feel four shots of straight at my butt. Two bounced, but the other broke. My teammate who had been shooting at me ran up behind me and shot me from EIGHT FEET away. I couldn't sit comfortably the rest of the day

So, that's mine
Advertisement
Old 06-30-2014, 11:02 AM #2
FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
Here is mine from last weekend...

Trails of Doom Stickers on Ebay!
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:17 AM #3
hit_wiper

Like a month ago, we had a private group at SC Village. None of the players were new or inexperienced, but I guess some hadn't played in a long time and were super rusty or just not into the game.

I was going to make a long diagonal run from the back left side of the field all the way to the right side about halfway up the field. I asked one person to provide cover up the middle so I could make it. 1-2-3-go...I start sprinting and I guess they thought cover fire was shooting right behind me the entire way as I ran. Just as I make it to the right side and kneel, I feel 4-5 paintballs hit me right in the back of the head. Imagine wearing a baseball cap backwards, all the balls hit me right where the logo would be. Except I didn't even have a headband on because I was running late to the field, and it hit between my two mask straps.

I had a nasty welt/knot on the back of my head for a few days.
hit_wiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:56 PM #4
TheAZN
I'm Going To Disney World

Was playing walk-on indoor airball 8-9 years ago with a birthday party of what I imagine must've been 9 or 10 year olds.

I take a tombstone off the break and a kid waddles in with me a short bit later. I'm snapping with someone in the snake while this kid gets on his tip toes to peer over the bunker from the other side. As he does this, he held the 98C in his off hand while using his right hand for support and then proceeds to shoot me in the ***, with the barrel inches from me.

A ref sees this and doubles over in laughter, then ambles over and wipes me off to let me play on.
That welt lasted for weeks.
TheAZN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:31 PM #5
Simi Baller
Pillow Fort Architect

Simi Baller has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAZN View Post
Was playing walk-on indoor airball 8-9 years ago with a birthday party of what I imagine must've been 9 or 10 year olds.

I take a tombstone off the break and a kid waddles in with me a short bit later. I'm snapping with someone in the snake while this kid gets on his tip toes to peer over the bunker from the other side. As he does this, he held the 98C in his off hand while using his right hand for support and then proceeds to shoot me in the ***, with the barrel inches from me.

A ref sees this and doubles over in laughter, then ambles over and wipes me off to let me play on.
That welt lasted for weeks.
That's the best one I've heard yet! Haha sounds painful though
Old 07-01-2014, 04:27 AM #6
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
At I.O.N. last year I was in the Hood and I went upstairs in one of the buildings. I got tagged by my own teammate who shot everything that walked up the stairs in the back from 5 feet away. I tell him I'm going to yell the next time I come up the stairs.

After I walk back to the insertion point, wipe off, and head back out I get to the same building. I yell "It's Christian, I'm coming in," but hear no reply. Once again trigger happy is there to shoot me again in the back from 5 feet away. I walk again back to the insertion point, wipe off, then walk back again to the Hood to a different building.

This time trigger happy starts shooting at me as I walk up the street. We had a good 10 minute battle where I ran around the building shooting him in the windows as he popped up. When he came down he was surprised I was on his team. Trigger Happy shot me twice and at me the last time but never looked at the hopper tape or arm band.

Last edited by Christian P : 07-01-2014 at 04:34 AM.
Christian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:27 AM #7
ZeroNotHero
Terse? I can be terse.

ZeroNotHero owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ZeroNotHero has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ZeroNotHero supports Empire
Mine didn't even involve me. Playing woodsball with a couple groups of walk-ons and two friends of mine and the field we're on has loads of brush. There are lanes but tons of cover as well. I move up one side of the field with two of the kids on our team I didn't know, lose one, but me and the other make it to the back tower pretty easily. He goes under it for cover and I move up top.

From there I can more or less see what's left of the other team as well as the other half of mine all off in the brush. I call some positions, shoot some semi random shots to keep heads down, we're well in control at this point.

I take a knee to reload and out of nowhere a gun battle erupts between the kid under me and at least 2-3 people out in the trees. I'm thinking "There's no way they've got that many folk left, we were annihilating them." Come to realize it was my two friends shooting at the poor kid below the tower thinking he was on the other team. Felt bad for the kid, he got lit up pretty well.
ZeroNotHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:13 PM #8
MutantSalivaWorm
I Run PA

Annual Supporting Member
MutantSalivaWorm supports Cereal Killerz 2
MutantSalivaWorm is playing at Living Legends VII
MutantSalivaWorm has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
One of my teammates was notorious for shooting you while an opponent was coming on a run through. His justification was, "I'll shoot you and then when he get to your bunker, I'll get him too." Yes...his logic was fatally flawed...and we told him this many, many times.
Empire Resurrection
Naughty Dawgs Timmy
MutantSalivaWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:26 PM #9
PC6277

Oh Gosh, I get friendly fired almost every time I play, haha. A lot of the newcomers that come to my local field get really paranoid & scared during playtime, so they shoot at anything that looks like a person. I rush to the other side most of the time, and shoot out the other team from the bunkers that are right next to their base. Doing this, causes people to think it is an enemy because I was on the enemies side so quick. I get shot, it sucks, but whatever. The last time I got friendly fired was funny. I play paintball with this guy, he's really good, and when we are on the same team, it's like the dream team. We have each others back! We cleared the other team out pretty quick, but were not sure if there was anyone still in the base. We closed in on each side, me on the left, him on the right. One of our teammates yelled "I think there's one guy left" so we had to be extra careful. I turn the corner, and so does my friend, and him thinking there was 1 person left, he shot me. Right in my left arm, which is for some reason, where I always get hit. It was funny, though.
PC6277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:31 PM #10
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
My most memorable was at Blitz in CO. We were playing a game called blackhawk down and I was defending the heli.
10 to 15 seconds before the game started (yes the game has not started yet) I was walking to the bunker I was going to defend after giving some of the walkons a little pep-talk/things to watch for talk ... and I heard someone in the middle of the field start firing (my back/side is to them) I figured they were just testing their guns but the rounds started getting close so I turned my head just in time to get goggled by the last round ... 5 seconds before the start of the game I just stopped and said "I'm on your team." I heard a "sorry" (still not sure who shot me) and as soon as i heard the "sorry", the horn for the game start sounded ... So I called hit, raised my hand, walked to the castle and became an attacker ... Good times.
INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers

Trade/Sale Threads:
None Currently

Last edited by Big Papa Pink : 07-02-2014 at 09:35 PM.
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:29 PM #11
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I have several of these...
Playing at Covert Ops in Colorado Springs, CO at their annual Breast Cancer Awareness event. There were somewhere around 80 players, not huge but big enough, and I ended up getting mired up on the left flank in a small village. I snapped at the wrong time and caught one in the face, so I raised my hand to walk off instead of to the respawn, as I needed to tweak my gun a little and grab some paint before the next reinsert. My hand was raised just as high as I could get it and I was yelling loudly "I'm out! I'm out!" as I walked through hot zones.
Well, someone on my team decides that not only is he going to bonus ball me, he's going to shoot me square in the head. Not mask, head.

I took two to the forehead, one to the top of my head, and when I turned to duck, got one in the back of the head. I was not a happy camper.

Noah

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:40 PM #12
inferno2inferno

Here is a good one. For jokes, me and the team played on an air ball field with apex tips on our guns. However, one of my teammates had his set on right hook and pegged me on the break as I went wide down the snake.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:40 PM #13
seahiker

I got hit by the same guy on my team in four or five games in a row every time I would flank the opponents and appear on the other side of the field.
seahiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:13 AM #14
proriin

proriin owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
proriin has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
proriin has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
First time out, at my friends b day party, there all playing back far back, i moved up next thing i know there all shooting me
proriin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:11 PM #15
stephenn82

stephenn82 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
stephenn82 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
My really good friends in Hawaii went paintballing as a mens group, it was epic. Most of us are always joshing each other and having fun, pulling pranks (physical mind you) and the second match, right at the start playing woodsball, we advanced up, and my one friend was in third bunker, our other friend in bunker behind him. The guy in back bunker lined it up and shot him right in the crack! It was on purpose, but he said, man did you see that guy? he came from no where! It wasnt for a few years until he found out the truth lol.
Virtue OLED board w/ grips
"Good intentions and kind words are great, but your actions define who you are."
Me
stephenn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:42 PM #16
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

has been a member for 10 years
There was this dude following me all day about the same age as me. He was trying to figure out how to be a frontman in the woods or play as aggressive as me. I just remember running through the trees jumping over logs, destroying teams or whatever most of the day. Then this scenario game organized team shows up. They keep everyone on their team thinking they would totally annihilate us. The first game, I made it to their 40 in this small bunker just in front of their woodline and immediately gunned down three of their guys before they made it to their primary bunkers close range. One dude I eliminated as I slid into the bunker. Then with the support of my team and the dude that followed me closely, we worked all the way up the back of the field and finished them off.

They said they weren't ready for us the last game, and that they didn't know the field. That's why they went down so hard. I wanted to make sure this game we won to prove that it wasn't just that they hadn't walked the field. I still had my mechanical autococker at the time, and some of them had electronic markers. At the start of the game, I knew they would be gunning for me, so I went the opposite direction that I was facing. I was correct, they gunned down most of the people that went halfway where I went last time. I ran into some trees and lined them up in front of this maxed out everything player who was ramping his marker to the max on everyone. I suppressed him into his bunker without him knowing where I was. Then I waited for the dude beside him to tuck in one more time. I tensed up, the adrenaline started to flow deep within. I was about to sprint like lightning and mow down this ramping dude with utmost aggression and violence. (It was the ramping that hyped me up) Right when I took a step I was shot five times in the back of the head by the dude that was following me all day. I stood up and glared at him in disgust as the bonus balls of the ramper vaporized on my back. I just walked away in frustration without flinching. The rest of my team went down shortly after. The dude could not stop apologizing.

Last edited by Subterfuge : 07-17-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:51 PM #17
Team_ILLNatured
Running Hatchet Man

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured supports Team VICIOUS
Team_ILLNatured plays in the APPA D5 division
Team_ILLNatured is Legendary
As a competitive player, I have 3 decent stories. 1 about myself, 2 about teammates and aquaintnces. we'll start with teammates.

1) The Ballad of Ben G, and Stoyle.
Ben G, and Stoyle have been playing paintball together, on various teams, since about 2003. Ben plays #1 on the D Side, Stoyle plays #2. in every event that I can remember, Ben has gotten shot in the back of the head by Stoyle. EVERY. DAMN. EVENT. it used to be apologetic, and Ben would do the Ollie Lang confused walk off, now It's almost like Stoyle does it on purpose, gives a "Sorry" and ben just drops his head and walks away

2) 300FPS
Back in the day of 10man/5man PSP/NPPL Combined tournaments, people used to actually produce, and BUY paintball films(I know, crazy, right?!) and even better they were even on VHS! (if u don't know what a VHS is, you're too young, bro) Such is the case with the DerDer film, 300FPS. At 1 point in the film, you see a back guy walking up the left tape, shooting at the back center, yelling "back center" when the front guy runs through his stream, and all you hear otta the back guy is "Back Center! Back Center! Oh ****! Sean, God damn it!"(im guessing Sean was the guy on his team that he blew up)

3) Electronic Guns?
I got my First Electronic gun in 1999. It was a Dye Angel. What a ****ing pile of ****. it spent more time at WDP, in england, getting fixed than it did in the US. well after 6months of that, i said screw it, and went back to cockers. and so it remained, until the Advent of the Raceframe(Same deal. U don't know what a Raceframe is, either you are not old enough, or u need to brush up on your paintball history) in about 2002. At that Time, LOCKOUT was still a pro team, based out of my home Field in Angelica, NY(as the PSP Pump team LOCKOUT is now) and they were shooting Raced Freeflow Boxxers, so all the cool kids had to have um. and I still have it. But the first time I used it, was a 5man torunament. on the break, I run up the middle, to a big ol can, and there is another about 8ft away, to the left, where my teammate slid into. as I switched from shooting left handed to shooting right handed, my fingers, oh so lightly brushed my trigger that was set to half the width of a pubic hair, and I shot my teammate 3x. None of them broke, and he asked, astounded "did you just shoot me?" to which was compounded by Mike Leahman from Lockout running through, and bunkering 3 of us in 1 move, including Steve, that I had shot.
Depew Decepticonz #1 2013 USPA Batavia Novice Div Sectional Champions
Belfast Bombers #01 2012 2nd Place USPA Novice Div
Depew ILLNatured #0 2011 3rd place USPA , Great Lakes Division
My ShEGO project!
"Originally posted by Spitlebug: You are right, my penis simply will not accept anything smaller than 68 caliber. :D"

Last edited by Team_ILLNatured : 07-18-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Team_ILLNatured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:15 AM #18
isaiah_porter07

Nd paintball

So I was a ref for this game. A couple of families had rented out the local field for the day and where in the middle of playing four corners(four teams one in each corner) so the red team pushed way far up the right side of the field then one guy who looked about 40 snuck behind the other team and bunkered them. He then proceeded to get into a 7 minute gun battle with his own team despite the refs telling him at the 5 minute to check their colors. In the end he bunkered one of his teammates that turned out to be his wife then got shot by two little girls who were also on his team. Needless to say red didn't win that game.
isaiah_porter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:43 PM #19
seahiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaiah_porter07 View Post
So I was a ref for this game. A couple of families had rented out the local field for the day and where in the middle of playing four corners(four teams one in each corner) so the red team pushed way far up the right side of the field then one guy who looked about 40 snuck behind the other team and bunkered them. He then proceeded to get into a 7 minute gun battle with his own team despite the refs telling him at the 5 minute to check their colors. In the end he bunkered one of his teammates that turned out to be his wife then got shot by two little girls who were also on his team. Needless to say red didn't win that game.
Front page!
seahiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:08 AM #20
ragnizzle

One summer day of recball last year at Cap Edge in Sac....

I have a friend/teammate who is still new to the sport. He's only played the previous summer's games as a rental, and had just picked up some gear to start playing rec. I couldn't stress enough to anyone I play with to mind their trigger fingers, barrel direction, safeties, and condition of their gear while on as well as off the field. Paintball hurts enough when you get shot by hard, cheap paint while playing rec. An accidental shot by said crap paint could ruin someone's day. I came close to having my day ruined.

We were playing the Urban/Castle field and were switching sides. My friend/teammate was about 5ft behind me as we were walking to home. Some kids and their chaperone were checking their paint about 6-10ft in front of us. I turned real quick to see if my other teammates were following us and suddenly, my friend's gun goes off. The paint whizzed by me and I heard contact. His cheap, hard crap paint nailed one of the kids in the hand. He doubled over and violently screamed like a young Justin Bieber in pain as the chaperone and accompanying kids huddled around to comfort him. Paint and blood were oozing off the poor, prepubescent child's hand, as tears of horror and confusion ran down his face from under his tattered rental mask.

They then looked towards our direction, and I looked behind me as to say "that jerkoff behind me did it, not me." I go over to check the kid and the chaperone said he'll be okay, as they grabbed their gear and walked off the field, glancing over towards the wankjob noob that had just blasted their homie. I looked at my friend, shook my head, and said "wow fool. Like I always say, check yourself. We're gonna get banned sooner or later because of your incompetence, you jack hole."

To this day he blames his gun for the fault and not his trigger finger. As if the trigger had magically pulled itself or the ghost of paintball's past has come to haunt him and trip the microswitch when his barrel is so conveniently aimed at a teammate rental player. Since then, he has accidentally shot off twice more while I'm around, one of those times almost shooting my foot. Another time, he forgot to degas and shot off by the tables. The loudspeaker came on as the field manager yelled to check our freakin' safeties. Fortunately, barrel covers are always checked when players leave the field.

Last edited by ragnizzle : 07-22-2014 at 02:35 AM.
ragnizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:05 AM #21
ragnizzle

There was another time at Cap Edge....

I was playing my first or second game ever at the park for a party, as a rental player. Our group had at least 15 people strong. Anyway, we were playing the Spools field and wind was in our favor, snake to our right. I played our center 40 to hold baddies from running into snake. Some chick on the opposing tea, on my mirror, was playing with a Bushmaster B2k with a VL Quantum or something like that. The sheer firepower she had possessed made our rental 98s/Spyders with shake and bakes no match for one-on-ones. We needed a plan to defeat the witch, let alone the cheating cronies that had joined her for battle.

I start throwing heavy ropes of field paint towards her direction and put her into her spool. The sky went dark from the sheer amount of gelatinous chaos I could squeeze out of my rental 98. I kept her in check whenever she'd pop her head out, exactly like how I'd do if we weren't playing paintball. But that's a different story. Back to paintball. I put her into her bunker and yelled at my muppet teammates to move up, as I would be running low on my jacked up 1 Star in no time.

Fortunately, a young teammate, who just so happens to be my cousin, heeds my call, and guns it from our far left 50. To his demise, the idiot runs straight to her spool, right into my stream of stone-aged 1 Star. A volley of GI rockballs battered the young child's back. He couldn't have been any older than Macaulay Culkin from the first "Home Alone", at that time. I could have counted more bounces than breaks by the time I stopped pulling the trigger. Only 3 orange spots shone from the back of his sweater, as he called himself out. When we got home, his back looked as if he got hit by PSP bonus ball. I still don't understand how he could not see the mass volume of paint that was coming down on that spool. It was like the movie "300", right before King Leonidas and all those fools got X'd by those arrows.

Last edited by ragnizzle : 07-22-2014 at 03:07 AM.
ragnizzle is offline   Reply With Quote