Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-17-2014, 12:18 PM #1
probbs716

DM VS Luxe

Alright guys so I have a few questions for you. Right now I'm currently shooting a luxe 1.0 with 2.0 ups and I love it but I'm thinking about downgrading and getting some extra cash. I was looking at a nice dm 10 and cash for my luxe. I've never shot a dye gun but I did own a 2013 reflex rail and loved it. I was just looking for reviews on the DM.
probbs716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2014, 12:58 PM #2
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

has been a member for 10 years
tlmiller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tlmiller is for the Gunfight
Luxe holds it's value SIGNIFICANTLY better, so realize that even as much as the DM10 has depreciated, it'll be basically worthless once you take posession.

Other than that, IMO the DM is much more comfortable in the hands than the Luxe. The stock board is LED only, although not bad (nothing incredible, either). They can be set up to be smoother shooting than the Luxe, but when set up to be so will be SUPER finicky with temperatures and lubing.

Speaking of lubing, the DM is just as bad with overlubing. MASSIVE bolt stick and FSDO if you overlube.

Overall, maintenance is going to be similar to the Luxe, there's a second reg, but once you find a place where it shoots good without drop-off and still smooth, you can pretty much just leave it setting. I prefer the DM's to the Luxe due to how much more comfortable they are to me, but obviously YMMV.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:15 PM #3
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmiller View Post
Luxe holds it's value SIGNIFICANTLY better, so realize that even as much as the DM10 has depreciated, it'll be basically worthless once you take posession.

Other than that, IMO the DM is much more comfortable in the hands than the Luxe. The stock board is LED only, although not bad (nothing incredible, either). They can be set up to be smoother shooting than the Luxe, but when set up to be so will be SUPER finicky with temperatures and lubing.

Speaking of lubing, the DM is just as bad with overlubing. MASSIVE bolt stick and FSDO if you overlube.

Overall, maintenance is going to be similar to the Luxe, there's a second reg, but once you find a place where it shoots good without drop-off and still smooth, you can pretty much just leave it setting. I prefer the DM's to the Luxe due to how much more comfortable they are to me, but obviously YMMV.
This is spot on.

Another thing to consider with the DM is the eyepipe. Some hate them, some don't care. It is another piece that needs to be replaced at some point, so get a few spares if you get the DM.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote