PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 01:15 AM #1912
TCTaco
OG

TCTaco owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Any of you rubicon jeepers ever been through the rubicon?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2014, 01:46 AM #1913
RBR321
I'll bring the pizzas.

RBR321 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RBR321 supports Team VICIOUS
RBR321 supports DLX Technology
I don't think anyone in here even lives near the Rubicon
"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
'MURICA
Old 05-19-2014, 01:56 AM #1914
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving

has been a member for 10 years
akward silence is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
akward silence is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCTaco View Post
Any of you rubicon jeepers ever been through the rubicon?
My dad and I went through once, it was awesome. He's been through many times with his jeep club though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBR321 View Post
I don't think anyone in here even lives near the Rubicon
Yeah and none of us are adults capable of travel either
OSTT GURU
Old 05-19-2014, 04:48 PM #1915
RBR321
I'll bring the pizzas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akward silence View Post
My dad and I went through once, it was awesome. He's been through many times with his jeep club though.

Yeah and none of us are adults capable of travel either
From where most of us live driving to NorCal is no small trip and barely anyone ships their Jeep places unless they work for an offroad company
"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
'MURICA
Old 05-19-2014, 04:53 PM #1916
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBR321 View Post
From where most of us live driving to NorCal is no small trip and barely anyone ships their Jeep places unless they work for an offroad company
We did it when we lived in Fairfield, CA but he would drive up there even from as far away as Delaware and Virginia.
OSTT GURU
Old 05-19-2014, 06:35 PM #1917
RBR321
I'll bring the pizzas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akward silence View Post
We did it when we lived in Fairfield, CA but he would drive up there even from as far away as Delaware and Virginia.
Go away
'MURICA
Old 05-19-2014, 09:36 PM #1918
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving

Oh well, back to my endless list of hobbies on this stupid Island.
OSTT GURU
Old 05-28-2014, 05:17 PM #1919
TheePsycho
Sadist

TheePsycho is a Supporting Member
TheePsycho is playing at Living Legends VII
What are people's thoughts on monsterliner the outside of a jeep. Essentially it's a bed liner product. I'm going to be doing the tub of my jeep with black bed liner and the gongs of the door after I sand blast them. Was thinking of doing maybe a tan or a lime green to the outside. I have an 08 Unlimited Rubicon and I'm starting to develop tiny rust spots where the paint chips are. Kind of want to take care of this problem sooner rather than later.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:20 PM #1920
starscream0
A hero aint nothing but a

I would think something that's a little more light weight would work better then something like herculiner. I know that stuff, while very tough and durable, can get really heavy.
I'm going to spray my jeep in either olive or tan plastidip or a light weight bed liner.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:20 PM #1921
imped4now
BTFU

Not a fan, honestly. Once you puncture it, the touchup won't hold as well as the original layer and the rough texture holds dirt and mud. If it's on an absolute street queen it will hold up fine and look good for a long time.

If you want to fix the paint chips, either touch up with factory color or go to a nice, easy single stage paint all around. That will be cheap, easy and effective. My entire TJ is semi-gloss Krylon straight from the can and it takes me 2 hours to give it a completely new paint job. The Jeep was 75% that color before-hand due to my armor and fenders anyway so doing the hood, windshield frame and doors was cake.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:26 PM #1922
TheePsycho
Sadist

Good to know about once it's punctured. I know wherever there is rust I want to sand those tiny areas away. I'll have to talk to a friend of mine who does autobody work and see what he says and get a quote from him.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:29 AM #1923
flannagan
Old and Broken

Annual Supporting Member
flannagan is a Supporting Member
flannagan owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
does this count? Family truckster pulling the family truckster

Your Moms fanclub #1

old feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ight=flannagan
Old 06-01-2014, 08:55 PM #1924
linkinparkkid345

my old wrangler. traded for a subaru sti
Old 07-11-2014, 12:35 PM #1925
starscream0

Well, it sucks but I've come to the conclusion that I've got to get rid of my TJ for an XJ.

I love my jeep and what it's capable of, but since it's my only vehicle and my daily driver, the lack of space is killing me. I don't mind the ****ty gas mileage because I don't really drive that far. But it does suck when I've got to carry a full set of firefighting gear, basic ems equipment, some stuff that I always carry (ie "bug out" bag kinda), no less than 2 dogs at a time, and occasionally other things like camping and mountain biking stuff, the TJ is just entirely too small.

I'm hoping I can either sell or trade my TJ for a stock clean XJ and use the extra money to get wheels/tires (if they don't let me keep the ones I have on it) or trade someone for their XJ that's done properly and not with some ****ty "lift kit".
Old 07-15-2014, 08:33 PM #1926
BCoryH2

My selling my jeep. Recently purchased a newer vehicle and wanting to move it. It runs great no issues. Has 200k on the od a little high but I have owned a jeep before an it lasted me till 400k before I rebuilt the motor. Great for a cheap get around vehicle, high school students first vehicle or a college kid on a budget. Asking 4k will entertain any reasonable offer. Contact me any time at 601-9four2-0376. Located in the Louisville ky area. Text for pics
Old 07-15-2014, 10:50 PM #1927
RBR321
I'll bring the pizzas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCoryH2 View Post
My selling my jeep. Recently purchased a newer vehicle and wanting to move it. It runs great no issues. Has 200k on the od a little high but I have owned a jeep before an it lasted me till 400k before I rebuilt the motor. Great for a cheap get around vehicle, high school students first vehicle or a college kid on a budget. Asking 4k will entertain any reasonable offer. Contact me any time at 601-9four2-0376. Located in the Louisville ky area. Text for pics
No.
'MURICA
Old 07-16-2014, 09:10 AM #1928
starscream0

Oh RBR
Old 08-09-2014, 02:21 PM #1929
Hendratmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by worrgames_slaya View Post
Watchout for stumps...

I have a ton of pics:

I loves Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Old 09-12-2014, 06:20 PM #1930
Spyder0119
Teets03

This has been my toy since i was 17 and its still a work in progress
Old 09-12-2014, 06:23 PM #1931
starscream0

Looks like a work horse
Old 09-14-2014, 08:25 PM #1932
TheePsycho
Sadist

So my 08 jeep wrangler unlimited driver side rear wheel has heated up and started smoking among smelling like something was burning for the second time this year. First it happened with my wife and I drove around on it and couldn't recreate it so I left it alone. It happened again today and I'm kind of thinking it's either the caliper maybe seizing up since there is uneven wear on the rotor but I guess it could be the e-brake being to tight as it does seem tight since I took my last vacation. Any suggestions