Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-12-2014, 10:45 PM #1
goofdunk

Good 14" barrel and questions

Hi, I have a Etek 3 with autococker thread, just wondering what barrel I should get that fits around 30$ that is 14 inches. Also the question is what do Bohr sizes do when shooting the gun, like what's the difference of having a big and small Bohr size. Also what 12,14,16 inch barrels are used for. What does a shorter/ longer barrel achieve. Thanks!!
goofdunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2014, 11:27 PM #2
killiam

Good question!

The reply I usually give around the shop for this is that a lot of it is preference based. The longer your barrel is, or the tighter the bore, is not really going to affect your accuracy. Your best bet for the most accurate shot is purely on the quality of your paintballs and how clean your barrel is.

Different lengths are used for different things, but the most common is longer barrels can be easier to point, and manipulate airbunkers with, while shorter barrels allow you to stay more compact in an environment that may not have air bunkers. Shorter barrels also usually tend to be louder when shooting your marker.

Bore sizing your paint, and having a different selection of bores is to match up with the size of the paintballs. If you are using an older closed bolt operated marker(where the bolt closes on the paintball, chambering it in the barrel itself at rest) it is quite necessary to perfectly match the bore of the paint to the barrel so the ball doesnt roll out the front end. Bore sizing your paint can also give you greater efficiency as you are not using as much air to propel the ball out the barrel. Less of it escapes around the ball, and you can notice this while shooting over the chronograph when adjusting your markers velocity.

A good barrel I would recommend around that price would be the Eigen Barrel or Lurker Barrel from Lurker Paintball. Very quiet, small bores to match most of todays smaller paint sizes, and cost friendly.

Last edited by killiam : 07-12-2014 at 11:33 PM.
killiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:08 AM #3
the_pb_pirate
Dustin

the_pb_pirate is an NCPA player
^Lots of good information there. The lurker barrel is a really good choice because you can start with the .684 bore and then add the other backs as you need them (I recommend starting with the .684 because thats where the average paint size seems to be in this day and age).

Another good cheap option that I've always liked are the CP barrels. The Lurker barrel will probably beat it in performance but aesthetically the CP barrels come in like 10 different colors as opposed to the flat black and gloss black options lurker offers, if that makes a difference to you.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:19 AM #4
p8ntballr68059
Post whore since 08

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntballr68059 supports Team VICIOUS
p8ntballr68059 plays in the APPA D5 division
p8ntballr68059 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
p8ntballr68059 is Boss
p8ntballr68059 supports DLX Technology
the lurker 1 piece is a great option. they are quiet very well honed internally and shoot great. i have both a 1 piece and a 2 piece and they are just fantastic barrels.
the cp barrel mentioned is a good choice as well. you can find them dirty cheap on here sometimes. i suggest the classic 1 piece in .685 in the cp. barrels to not look past
furious next in line of my favorites behind the lurker i think it is the quietest barrel i own
Freak they can sometimes be found with an insert for about 30
lucky barrels either 15 or unitec they are just good barrels
sly barrels have come down a lot in price
macdev switch or shift kit great barrels (kit will cost more but many options)

that is what i have experience with but i always go back to my lurker barrels or the furious
Vicious fan #42
My Current markers Texas Storm G6R,Insight,Sniper,Vice,Marq 7, TonTon Shocker
p8ntballr68059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:26 AM #5
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
BurningPlaydoh has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by killiam View Post
Good question!

The reply I usually give around the shop for this is that a lot of it is preference based. The longer your barrel is, or the tighter the bore, is not really going to affect your accuracy. Your best bet for the most accurate shot is purely on the quality of your paintballs and how clean your barrel is.

Different lengths are used for different things, but the most common is longer barrels can be easier to point, and manipulate airbunkers with, while shorter barrels allow you to stay more compact in an environment that may not have air bunkers. Shorter barrels also usually tend to be louder when shooting your marker.

Bore sizing your paint, and having a different selection of bores is to match up with the size of the paintballs. If you are using an older closed bolt operated marker(where the bolt closes on the paintball, chambering it in the barrel itself at rest) it is quite necessary to perfectly match the bore of the paint to the barrel so the ball doesnt roll out the front end. Bore sizing your paint can also give you greater efficiency as you are not using as much air to propel the ball out the barrel. Less of it escapes around the ball, and you can notice this while shooting over the chronograph when adjusting your markers velocity.

A good barrel I would recommend around that price would be the Eigen Barrel or Lurker Barrel from Lurker Paintball. Very quiet, small bores to match most of todays smaller paint sizes, and cost friendly.
This post is absolute gold!
Old 07-15-2014, 05:43 PM #6
Ryn_Droma

Ryn_Droma is playing at Living Legends VII
I just recently got one of Disruptive Paintball's "Balance" barrels ($35 on their website) and I'm very impressed with it. However, it is 15 inches
Ryn_Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:04 PM #7
my1moose
VELOCIMOOSE

my1moose owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Defiantly check out the CP one piece. For the price, it cant be beat!
Black Spire 200/260
Ninja 77/4500 SL
my1moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:01 PM #8
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I really like the CP one pieces myself. They have a ton of color options, great honing and overall fit and finish. Lurker is a great choice too if you want all black.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote