CCM T2 OWNER

gamefreak054 is playing at Living Legends V
gamefreak054 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamefreak054 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
gamefreak054 posts videos on PbNation
gamefreak054 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
gamefreak054 is attending Decay of Nations VI
gamefreak054 supports DLX Technology
Normally I could care less about people shooting really fast, but yesterday was a little overboard. We were playing 3v3 our team was all pumps vs 1 semi, 1 rt, and one ramp at 15bps cap. It ended up being the most boring and annoying gameplay ever. Our team won every time because their team shot so much that they either ran out of paint or air. The guy shooting 15bps shot about 700rounds every game and always seem to be in the one spot cutting off any area for me to move. We were not on speedball fields btw.

Edit: Also I do not know if this is becoming a trend but opponents waving at me has becoming more and more common. I always see waving as a sign as calling out. Waving at me then proceeding to shoot at me just irritates the hell out of me. The taunting thing I could care less about, but this act I see more as cheating. Its like in football calling for a fair catch then running in for a touchdown.

Last edited by gamefreak054 : 07-07-2014 at 02:57 AM.
gamefreak054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2014, 03:43 AM #212
TyeStick
-I Run With Guns-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefreak054 View Post
I do not know if this is becoming a trend but opponents waving at me has becoming more and more common. I always see waving as a sign as calling out. Waving at me then proceeding to shoot at me just irritates the hell out of me. The taunting thing I could care less about, but this act I see more as cheating. Its like in football calling for a fair catch then running in for a touchdown.
I wave, but to other players that I know, and only after I've eliminated them.

Things that annoy me:

Players who say, 'get out, get out' on almost every trigger pull.

Blatant cheating. It sucks. It ruins the game for other players, and it creates a bad image. Do you really want to be THAT GUY?
TyeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:19 AM #213
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyeStick View Post
I wave, but to other players that I know, and only after I've eliminated them.

Things that annoy me: Players who say, 'get out, get out' on almost every trigger pull.

Blatant cheating. It sucks. It ruins the game for other players, and it creates a bad image. Do you really want to be THAT GUY?
I yell at folks.....often. There are guys that yell with every shot simply for the same of yelling. That to me is annoying but funny. However with me, if I hit you and SAW it break, you are gonna hear my mouth. I will yell that I hit you, where I hit you and then yell for you to get out. But it's because dudes often like...scratch that.....LOVE to play dumb like they don't know they are hit. Yelling at them typically gets the refs attention to check. It's yelling or it's going to be heavy bonus balling. Pick your poison.

But besides that, this is paintball not golf or some chess match where everyone is supposed to be silent. It's an aggressive, adrenaline filled game. Like any aggressive, adrenaline filled sports people are going to yell; football, basketball, hockey, etc. If you are looking for some nice quiet game where you shoot your opponent with one ball and politely wait for him to stand up and walk off then you might be in the wrong sport.

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:12 PM #214
BloodinatorX

BloodinatorX has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BloodinatorX has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Getting yelled at to be nice to rental kids that I'm shooting from about 200 feet away when I don't have glasses on(my goggle lenses may be thermal but my crappy wally world glasses are not) and can only see a head and gun popping up and I lay down a string of 20 in a couple seconds.

Kids that are too scared to leave the bunker after getting hit or don't throw their hand up so we know they are trying to leave so we keep laying down paint to keep them down or get them out.

Ref that doesn't help the kid above off the field when they're obviously hit and too scared to move from the back bumper to get out.

The kids that call paintballs "bullets"

The fact that "paintballs" is underlined as not spelled correctly on this forum.

Main: Blue Invert Mini - Pic

Backup: The GreenMachine - Custom 01 Cocker - Pic
BloodinatorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:34 AM #215
gulfcoasted

Weak/not dominant refs or inattentive refs irk me along with the "old guys" who consider themselves gods of the sport, who in reality are no better than a consistent player. Also turf fields not cleaned well.

I either took one on the very edge of my elbow(wearing forearm guards) or broke a ball on the crawl in the snake. Player I'm snap battling with blows a gasket at the ref about me playing on, ref then takes a minute or two to finally come over and pull me. I don't mind getting tagged or checked, but please be thorough and actually do your job!

Then the older guy "legend" who brags about the old days and his old impy (of which I at 21 own/play with as well) proceeds to talk loudly about how easy it is to spot people playing on these days. Cool the jets man.

Lastly the turf thing is common sense, smooth to slide is fine. Playing on ice covered in vaseline turf = no fun

Endrant
Old 07-08-2014, 01:29 AM #216
dak22

dak22 is playing at Living Legends VII
Scheduling/traveling to the field.

It has limited my playing time the most, especially during bad weather.
dak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:59 AM #217
maxwku

I have been shot before by a kid on my team with a rental following me on the urban course. That day sucked because the kid just wouldn't leave me alone, and I tried to be nice.
maxwku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:12 PM #218
Luigi Speed 05
PBN made me a gun whore..

Luigi Speed 05 plays in the PSP
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the APPA D4 division
Luigi Speed 05 supports DLX Technology
a couple of weekends ago there was this "dad" being a total asshat
to his kid, maybe 9 or ten. they were playing only within their own
group of kids, but this guys is screaming at his kid from the sidelne
and just being obnoxious to an extreme in the staging area. Almost
lost it, but I knew I was gonna hear the "I raise my kid as I see fit"
line, in the best case, and get into a pointless fist cuff in the worst.
it surely was none of my business, but annoyed me a lot.

I said it before and say it again. Fields that don't bring out the big
red chrono (or any sort of chrono) unless asked to. Happened just
a couple of weekends ago. I always carry my own chrono, but had
to ask the refs to get the chrono out and get people to use it. Turns
out most people were shooting low, I would have had an advantage
on most of them, but why would you risk it, as a business owner.
Sure everyone signed a waiver, but if something bad happens and
there was no chrono available to the customers, things could get
very hectic.

to be a walk on on a field where everyone has got "their 5" man.
that happens very often at Hotshots in West Palm. Surely it's not
rec ball in any shape or form, more like practice and scrimmage,
but still, several times I had to wait for almost an hour out on the
filed to get a game in. Played about 5 points in 4 hours. extremely
annoying to me. won't be back to that field unless I got my own 5.

$outh Beach Pimp$ sponsored by: Planet Eclipse, SobePaintball, Deadly Wind, Ninja Paintball & The Ford Report

DaLuxeMob
Luigi Speed 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:05 PM #219
Hicks11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Mafia Shots View Post
By the way, my pistol cost $1500 so I guess most high ends are safe . Why buy a Kimber when you can buy a Taurus? AmIRight????
Buy a Taurus if you have no Idea what Creep is. Kimber's are silky smooth
Hicks11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:29 PM #220
darkdragun05

darkdragun05 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
darkdragun05 plays in the APPA beginner division
darkdragun05 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
1. People who lie about how good they are even if they have played crappy all day. Start talking crap. I don't care just play and have fun and stop trying to 1 up everyone.

2. People who think you are cheating just because you have a jersey and and ego instead of camo and a beginners marker. They try to argue with you when none of their paint even came close to you.

3. Coming back in the game after you have been shot out.
Maryland Balla #22

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
Benjamin Franklin
darkdragun05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:15 PM #221
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdragun05 View Post
1. People who lie about how good they are even if they have played crappy all day. Start talking crap. I don't care just play and have fun and stop trying to 1 up everyone.
Funny enough I had one of those situations this year. After a day of rec play I went to posting my pics on Instagram as well as looking up the #paintball and #paintballing hashtags. Ran into a post of a dude and his girl talking about how they went paintballing today and had to "put it on" everyone. Talking big like they LAYED down the hammer on the entire part. Funny thing is that I was there playing in that same walk-on group that day. Laughed and put them on mild blast; "I think I saw y'all today. At High Velocity right? Yeah I was on the other team. Yeah I remember seeing y'all hiding out in the back of every game." Lol

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:04 AM #222
CLAYZWORLD

When the field owners let their 12 year old kid and all of his friends ref and they do nothing but count down and say game over.

When the field paint is monsterballs (I'm looking at you Blitzkrieg)
CLAYZWORLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:16 PM #223
jman70

Well, I try to maintain an attitude of not getting mad or annoyed for almost anything. Mistakes happen and I just calmly explain to other people what they did wrong on my way off the field or in the dead zone afterwards. I do this because I have made mistakes also in the heat of the moment with the adrenaline pumping. I still do from time to time, like shooting someone within 20 feet when they charge me or pop out of hiding, or I stumble upon them and I panic-shoot them out of reflex. However, I always admit the mistake and apologize to them afterwards so there's no hard feelings. Even the most pissed guys typically succumb to civility when approached in public with an apology and a handshake.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization...

Last edited by jman70 : 07-29-2014 at 06:14 PM.
jman70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:02 PM #224
jman70

Ok, this is not really an annoyance, but I hear this question all the time and I always answer the same way. The first timers see me roll in with all my own gear, thinking I'm somehow a great player because of it, and start asking me "OK, what's the plan? What should we do?" I always laugh a little and say, "Don't get shot and shoot as many of the opponents as you can." They look at me with this, "that's all you've got to say?" look on their face, then the whistle blows and I haul a** to the front. LOL, I love seeing that look. Never ceases to please me

Atheism is a non-prophet organization...
jman70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:01 AM #225
Mininja

Blind fire is the bane of my existance.
Mininja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:21 AM #226
PC6277

1) Players saying "we're gonna lose, we suck."
2) Players that are rude. But hey, more reason to light them up.
3) But the most annoying thing to me is friendly fire. I wouldn't care so much if it didn't happen so often. I am not sure being a girl has anything to do with this, but for whatever reason, I always tell my team "Hey, I'm gonna get to the other side asap, and try to take out the other team from behind, so if you see someone in *insert base name here* make sure you check if it's me. The game starts, I take a few people out, then my team starts yelling my location, as if it's the enemy, and then I get lit up. Eventually I do get it across to them that I am on their team. I continue to move while doing this. The game ends. I take most the team out. Walk off field, and the *supposedly really good players* are claiming my hits. This is fine, I guess it's cool that no one expects it, so I can be stealthy, but at the same time, it is annoying seeing dishonest players.
PC6277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:47 PM #227
Hypocrisy1

Hypocrisy1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
1) every 10-15 year old out there that can't legally hold a job yet but still claim they paid for there $1500+ setup all by themselves and can somehow afford field fees and two cases of paint a weekend. Either you are posing nude for your skeevy neighbor or you are full of ****.

2) People who scream out bunkers of enemy like 10+ times at the top of there lungs, I understand you want everyone on the team to know where the opposition is, but I heard it the first time, second time... and 8 subsequent times, and now the enemy probably knows where YOU are because you have been screaming for the last 30 seconds.

Last edited by Hypocrisy1 : 09-10-2014 at 07:51 PM.
Hypocrisy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:23 PM #228
JAllen7287

JAllen7287 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
[QUOTE KYhillbilly; For example you do see some recreational fisherman ragging on tournament fisherman but most should understand that competition is what leads to advances in the sport. If it werent for tournaments the technology wouldnt be as good as it is.[/quote]

Yeah, but c'mon, fishing isn't really a sport, either.

Complaints:

Refs that don't keep the games moving, letting the slowpokes waste everybodys time at the staging area.

Refs who have/take the day off and play and constantly talk **** about everybody and all play on the same team and can't crow enough about how cool they are for trouncing less experienced and lesser armed players.

Poorly maintained fields. Woods or speedball, the owners AND the refs need to put as much effort in to field maintenance and modification as they do taking our money to play there. Old rotten wood bunkers, barrels or tires that are falling down, there's no excuse.
JAllen7287 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:27 AM #229
PumpStalker

PumpStalker has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PumpStalker has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
1: When a referee asks a group of dead players how many people are left on the field.

That's why you're reffing you idiot, so the players don't have to keep track. It's the reason we go to an organized field and pay an entry fee and pay the mark up on paint, etc.

2: Any "Safety Kill" / "No Bunkering" rule that is poorly enforced, vague or highly situational.

I don't feel like I need to elaborate on this one, as I'm sure we've all been there.

Play Pump. ಠ_ಠ

"Originally posted by BallSoHard2012: So YOU were the guys that stole those captures at the end of the main-game!? -Mack (MCM MVP)"

Last edited by PumpStalker : 09-11-2014 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Misspellings
PumpStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:12 AM #230
i.am.not.a.scammer

threads like this
i.am.not.a.scammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:57 AM #231
Loner Norcal

Loner Norcal owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypocrisy1 View Post
1) every 10-15 year old out there that can't legally hold a job yet but still claim they paid for there $1500+ setup all by themselves and can somehow afford field fees and two cases of paint a weekend. Either you are posing nude for your skeevy neighbor or you are full of ****.

2) People who scream out bunkers of enemy like 10+ times at the top of there lungs, I understand you want everyone on the team to know where the opposition is, but I heard it the first time, second time... and 8 subsequent times, and now the enemy probably knows where YOU are because you have been screaming for the last 30 seconds.
I don't know, the most annoying thing to me is the people who don't talk at all. Better to have the guy that screams bunkers every other second rather than the guy that doesn't say anything at all, and suddenly you find yourself being bunkered by 5+ people.
Loner Norcal is offline   Reply With Quote