PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-13-2014, 01:18 PM #1
nabisco_12

nabisco_12 is playing at Living Legends VII
Lightbulb dye dam cross over

would i get in trouble if i made a custom marker to accept the dye magazines and or the dye dam rotor box? to me it wouldnt cut in there end just opening up the market for there products to be used on another platform? or am i wrong?
nabisco_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2014, 02:12 PM #2
gamer565
*****es love cannons!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
If it's for your own personal use, likely no.

But if you were wanting to sell public this "attachment" DYE might have problems with that.

gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:57 AM #3
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer565 View Post
If it's for your own personal use, likely no.

But if you were wanting to sell public this "attachment" DYE might have problems with that.
Actually, anything that encourages more people to buy more DAM magazines would probably make them happy.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:02 PM #4
Punisher068

I've done an Ion conversion myself using the DAM magwell&mags.
Dye will sell you a magwell for around $35 shipped,just call them and ask for the tech line
I shopped around a bit for mags&magwell,the DAM stuff is the highest quality for durability
If you wanted to run the boxmag you'll have to figure out how to interface your board to use the RF signal between your guns board&the boxmag board
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217

Last edited by Punisher068 : 07-14-2014 at 12:07 PM.
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:12 PM #5
Devlin123

wouldn't that use some rf chip hooked up to the microswitch, kinda like the ol' pulse did?
Old 07-14-2014, 06:28 PM #6
Punisher068

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devlin123 View Post
wouldn't that use some rf chip hooked up to the microswitch, kinda like the ol' pulse did?
I haven't seen one in person so I'm not sure if it's integrated into the board or its wired in separately
Believe the board upgrade comes with the DAM boxmag
Funny you mention the Draxxus Pulse,I use the RF and hopper boards for my personal boxmag projects,almost essential when running a boxmag on a spoolie(Ion) for max ROF and feed consitancy
Old 08-01-2014, 11:19 AM #7
Devlin123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher068 View Post
I haven't seen one in person so I'm not sure if it's integrated into the board or its wired in separately
Believe the board upgrade comes with the DAM boxmag
Funny you mention the Draxxus Pulse,I use the RF and hopper boards for my personal boxmag projects,almost essential when running a boxmag on a spoolie(Ion) for max ROF and feed consitancy
well, I have a couple of ions and draxxuses waiting to be put on the chopping block together with some airsoft parts so... I might be partial

one is a dragunov, which only waits for me to chose what mags to use, currently leaning towards the dmag or dam-mag. Waiting to se what kinds of magwells people make to know what would look better.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:27 PM #8
Punisher068

Quote:
well, I have a couple of ions and draxxuses waiting to be put on the chopping block together with some airsoft parts so... I might be partial

one is a dragunov, which only waits for me to chose what mags to use, currently leaning towards the dmag or dam-mag. Waiting to se what kinds of magwells people make to know what would look better.
The Dmags and DAM mags are very similar,the real difference being the build quality.
The DAM mags are the toughest of all mags I've found,convinced I could drive my car over one and it would survive.It also has a neat feature that has a trapdoor to keep paint and dirt out of your mags,something other mags don't have
The DAM magwell is also pretty robust and good quality and the mag release is ambidextrous.You can purchase them from Dye for around $35 shipped,I had to ask the tech line to get some
The real trick to making a homebrew magfed is getting correct spacing from the mag follower to the breech,if your using an Ion with eyes it should help when firing eliminate partial feeds.I'd also recommend NOT using a QEV,on Ions it will help with partial feeds and chops.
Basically the bolt will only partially cycle&reset if there an obstruction without a QEV

Last edited by Punisher068 : 08-02-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:22 PM #9
Devlin123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher068 View Post
I'd also recommend NOT using a QEV,on Ions it will help with partial feeds and chops.
that might be a problem as I was thinking of going mech..

But I have to look into the DAM.. I just really really really wouldn't want to use a magwell, rather modify the mags sligthly so that I could use the existing attachment-thingy. And generally, shipping stuff over the pond tend to add quite a bit of dineros to the price sadly. But as I really like the looks of the DAM mags I might jsut opt for that, would like to se one in person first though.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:06 PM #10
Punisher068

Quote:
that might be a problem as I was thinking of going mech..

But I have to look into the DAM.. I just really really really wouldn't want to use a magwell, rather modify the mags sligthly so that I could use the existing attachment-thingy. And generally, shipping stuff over the pond tend to add quite a bit of dineros to the price sadly. But as I really like the looks of the DAM mags I might jsut opt for that, would like to se one in person first though.
I've made few homebrew magwell also for the DAM mags,it's fairly simple other than the mag release.I'll try and gets some pics for you
You don't necessarily need a QEV for a mech Ion,it just makes short stroking less likely
Didn't realize you were in Europe,seems magfed and paintball are very popular there