PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-23-2014, 11:48 PM #1
beastmode2112
BANG

beastmode2112 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
The overall BEST magfed marker

So I really want to try some magfed. Here is a priority list, top being most important.

1. Does not break paint!
2. Durable
3. Easy to take apart
4. Don't want to bust my wallet

So the DAM looks pretty cool and it doesn't break paint, but it is pretty dang expensive. So what about everything else?

Thanks
beastmode2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2014, 01:02 AM #2
XxJKATxX
ECU Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
XxJKATxX owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
XxJKATxX supports Team VICIOUS
XxJKATxX is an NCPA player
XxJKATxX plays in the APPA D4 division
XxJKATxX has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
XxJKATxX supports Empire
Any Milsig brand like the CQC and CQB is all i hear people rave about and they look pretty awesome
Old 05-24-2014, 08:23 AM #3
beastmode2112
BANG

Yea but I see the m17 at my filed and it honestly breaks A LOT of paint. Maybe it's just the magazines
Old 05-24-2014, 09:28 AM #4
got wake?

got wake? supports Empire
I'd suggest checking out the TCR from tippmann when it comes out. I run wore out 98's, FT-12's, and Gryphons at my field. Our paint is Marballizer, 3-star, or better, and they all shoot the lower tournament paint just fine. It's rare a customer gets a ball break in their rental gun. I always thought Tippmanns were rough on paint, but I've been pleasantly proven wrong. If you want true tournament handling of paint, get the DAM. Otherwise next best from what I've seen is tippmann.
got wake? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:17 AM #5
BatmanLiera

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJKATxX View Post
Any Milsig brand like the CQC and CQB is all i hear people rave about and they look pretty awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode2112 View Post
Yea but I see the m17 at my filed and it honestly breaks A LOT of paint. Maybe it's just the magazines
The m17 has issues. They are fixing them for free. But I would go with something that is proven and tested for years!! That is the tipx. Or in it's newer form the tippmann tcr
BatmanLiera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:39 AM #6
beastmode2112
BANG

Alright thanks guys I think I'll just pick up a used tipx with a bunch of magazines and a better barrel (I have heard the stock one sucks). I don't really want a TCR because it will be more money and the only difference between it and the tipx is the body style (correct me if I'm wrong)
Old 05-24-2014, 01:48 PM #7
DRAXX
www.muddhillspaintball.tk

Quote:
Originally Posted by got wake? View Post
I'd suggest checking out the TCR from tippmann when it comes out. I run wore out 98's, FT-12's, and Gryphons at my field. Our paint is Marballizer, 3-star, or better, and they all shoot the lower tournament paint just fine. It's rare a customer gets a ball break in their rental gun. I always thought Tippmanns were rough on paint, but I've been pleasantly proven wrong. If you want true tournament handling of paint, get the DAM. Otherwise next best from what I've seen is tippmann.
Yeah, but you need to get a mag-fed conversion kit for 98/a5/US Army markers.

Or, just get the mag adapter for 98 series. Actually, that's where I'd start if I was the Op - only because getting into any mag-fed platform can be really pricy and he/she may not like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode2112 View Post
Alright thanks guys I think I'll just pick up a used tipx with a bunch of magazines and a better barrel (I have heard the stock one sucks). I don't really want a TCR because it will be more money and the only difference between it and the tipx is the body style (correct me if I'm wrong)
It has a quick-release cam lever that switches out 12 gram CO2's like nothing. It's probably the best design I've seen for 12 grams.

And:

It also has the option for a Remote line into the stock - which is a pretty clean design. Yeah, the TCR is more expensive than the Standard TiPX, but it's maxxed out. It's what you would be looking at if you tried to max-out your TiPX (which would be a lot more money).
  1. It will be more accurate
  2. have more options
  3. and be a solid marker.

BTW, Mil-Sig has a lot of hype given to it's platform because of their accomplishments as a company in the mag-fed industry; however, I would steer clear of the M-17 for now, until they refine the platform a bit more.

It's biggest selling point was "mechanical full-auto" which Tippmann has long-since accomplished with it's R/T platform.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:50 PM #8
got wake?

got wake? supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAXX View Post
Yeah, but you need to get a mag-fed conversion kit for 98/a5/US Army markers. Or, just get the mag adapter for 98 series. Actually, that's where I'd start if I was the Op - only because getting into any mag-fed platform can be really pricy and he/she may not like it. It has a quick-release cam lever that switches out 12 gram CO2's like nothing. It's probably the best design I've seen for 12 grams. And: It also has the option for a Remote line into the stock - which is a pretty clean design. Yeah, the TCR is more expensive than the Standard TiPX, but it's maxxed out. It's what you would be looking at if you tried to max-out your TiPX (which would be a lot more money).[*]It will be more accurate[*]have more options[*]and be a solid marker. BTW, Mil-Sig has a lot of hype given to it's platform because of their accomplishments as a company in the mag-fed industry; however, I would steer clear of the M-17 for now, until they refine the platform a bit more. It's biggest selling point was "mechanical full-auto" which Tippmann has long-since accomplished with it's R/T platform.

That's something we can agree on. The mag conversion isn't a bad way to get into mag fed. I was recommending the TCR on basis of how well my Tippmanns handle tournament quality paint, since that was a concern of the OP. The TCR looks to be everything I want in a magfed, so I'm eager for its release.
got wake? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:35 PM #9
beastmode2112
BANG

If I'm going to get the TCR I'd rather wait until they are on the B/S/Ts. I forgot also that the TCR can have a hopper on it as well which is a plus.
Old 05-25-2014, 12:09 AM #10
Twaltz628
newb for 8 yrs & counting

Annual Supporting Member
Twaltz628 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Twaltz628 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Twaltz628 supports Empire
What about the hammer 7(pump) and the other spyder/kingman guns whose names escape me, mr5 or something. Anyway, how are those? They're magfed and hopper as well as first strike capable. Never heard much about them though.
Not suggesting them to OP, just seemed like a good place to bring it up
Old 05-25-2014, 07:07 PM #11
GeorgeTheTurtle

GeorgeTheTurtle is playing at Living Legends VII
GeorgeTheTurtle owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
GeorgeTheTurtle has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
GeorgeTheTurtle has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Tcr
GeorgeTheTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:20 AM #12
Titan21
Runnin' and gunnin'

I feel like it will be the t15 once we get it into our hands, but for now I'd have to say the Milsig mk3 CQB.
Titan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:39 AM #13
duckman381
Duck

duckman381 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
duckman381 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
1. Sar 12 just because of its consistency and no shoot drop off but its like 1600 for the semi one lol. (love this gun)

2. T15 after you fix the out of the box screw problem 500 plus 40 for two mags a piece plus they hold 20 rounds (got two of them lol)

3. Dye DAM and if you dont love this gun you are a hater lol. It rips the mags are the best you can get with the slid protector. But they cost are butt load and for some reason i like using the SAR 12 or T15 more they just feel better.
The dam is like a great first strike speed ball marker tho. (haven't got to shoot one with the box mag yet)

4. Tippmann TiPX like $200 and get zeta mags plus they make tons of body kits and other add ons (best one for the price)

5. Milsig m17 there nice but chop paint and have other issues but still a great marker. there around 700 and i think a little overpriced for what it is but thats just me i like the t15 and playing with the TiPX better. Just less issues overall (t15 havent really got alot of play yet just around 200 to 300 rounds so far but wow)

And i have a TCR on preorder so will let you know about that when it comes lol
duckman381 is offline   Reply With Quote