PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-12-2014, 04:37 AM #1
Vikingpaint

upgrade the KP (pre-2011?) or new kp2?

Hello Azodin fans,

I purchased an older use kp and I'm pretty sure it is all stock. Black pump rod so I think that means it is older. It came in great shape and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. I will continue to use a pump marker as my primary from now on.

So the ultimate question I'm trying to answer is: Upgrade this kp or save some cash for a newer version?
I already have a barrel kit, if that info helps.

If you were to go the upgrading route, what would you choose and why? If you would rather purchase a new kp please explain why.

Money is a factor.
Upgrades with minimal expense (a total of $50 or less) means I get them now. I could add another $30 in upgrades later, however $80 is my max I'd like to spend in this older maker since I already have $80 invested in it.
Purchasing a new marker (haven't found a decent used one) means I wait until I can purchase myself a present sometime before next season (April/May).

I tried researching all this but didn't find much other than "get an asa" and "the Techt bolt sucks." I apologize if there has been a similar thread to this that I did not see.

Thanks in advance!
Vikingpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2014, 07:13 AM #2
Mister Crunchy

I probably have one of the more upgraded KPs around. I added a regulator, swapped in a high flow Spyder valve, and changed out the springs. All of that got me a somewhat lighter pump stroke, a lower operating pressure, reduced the fart noise, and maybe a little more air efficiency. I replaced the braided hose with macroline, and swapped the ASA for the simple straight-through duckbill from eBay that I like on my pumps. I also found a good deal on a single trigger. The gun shoots great, but in retrospect, I probably should have just put all that money in my "saving for a CCM" fund.

With the barrel kit, you already have what I think of as the only must-have upgrade for that gun. I wouldn't bother with the KP2. If you're committed to open class pump and your KP shoots OK, save up for an Empire Sniper, a CCMed cocker, or a CCM T2 or S6.5.

Last edited by Mister Crunchy : 07-12-2014 at 07:17 AM.
Mister Crunchy is offline   Reply With Quote