PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-04-2014, 10:20 AM #1
goofdunk

Multiple DP G4 Problems

Hi, Pbnation.

I have a Dangerous power G4 stock everything except CP barrel, CP regulator and Grips. I found that i always break the oring in the Asa, almost every time i air it up. any fixes? Also i believe my solenoid is leaking i have no idea how to fix that. My gun is a mess lol and i got it used one day ago. Another problem i have had is that the seal on the bolt has been teared and i need to find a replacement. But i was told that the bolt itself without bolt cap should slide easily inside the gun, but mine gets stuck very easily. I already used baby oil for all the orings and the bolt but the problem has not been fixed. Any help would be appreciated thanks!
goofdunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2014, 06:39 PM #2
sirdouglasb12

sirdouglasb12 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sirdouglasb12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sirdouglasb12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
First off - do NOT use baby oil. That could be a big part of your O-ring issues. There are several excellent lubes that will not deteriorate your rings. Personally, I use Hater Sauce, but if you search through the forums here you will find many other highly recommended lubes as well.

It might not be a bad idea to clean and lube your solenoid. I had never done it before, so I just searched for a G4 Solenoid Cleaning video on you tube. There are dozens that will walk you through the process. Are you sure it is your solenoid leaking? My first place to look for leaks is the Macro line. I would pull that out, wipe off the ends and reinsert.

I'm not sure what seal on the bolt you are referring to. Isn't that just another Oring? For less than $15, you can buy at least a 2 or 3 times O-ring replacement pack that will give you every ring you need. A great alternative to the stock bolt is the TechT L7 bolt. I made the switch and am very happy with it. I found mine used for $40.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:08 PM #3
goofdunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdouglasb12 View Post
First off - do NOT use baby oil. That could be a big part of your O-ring issues. There are several excellent lubes that will not deteriorate your rings. Personally, I use Hater Sauce, but if you search through the forums here you will find many other highly recommended lubes as well.

It might not be a bad idea to clean and lube your solenoid. I had never done it before, so I just searched for a G4 Solenoid Cleaning video on you tube. There are dozens that will walk you through the process. Are you sure it is your solenoid leaking? My first place to look for leaks is the Macro line. I would pull that out, wipe off the ends and reinsert.

I'm not sure what seal on the bolt you are referring to. Isn't that just another Oring? For less than $15, you can buy at least a 2 or 3 times O-ring replacement pack that will give you every ring you need. A great alternative to the stock bolt is the TechT L7 bolt. I made the switch and am very happy with it. I found mine used for $40.
Hi, the seal on the bolt is actually not a oring, its a plastic ring that completely busted off, also the leaking is around the trigger area so I'm guessing its the solenoid. But thanks for the answer
Old 07-05-2014, 02:36 AM #4
CA_Tectonics

That plastic thing on the bolt is actually a bumper - it does not actually seal anything. All the sealing bolt o-rings on the G4 are in the body of the marker.

As noted above, you should use a quality paintball grease lube - no oil at all. My suggestion, since you will need to call Dangerous Power anyway to order a replacement bolt bumper, is to also get an o-ring kit. You may need to replace the o-rings in the body of the marker and possibly the one on the end of the stem of the backcap.

For the solenoid, is it a constant leak? If so, is it faint or really loud and gushing air? Check to be sure you get replacement solenoid o-rings if/when you get a kit. They are 2mm inside diameter X 1mm cross sectional diameter. You can check here ---> http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3457681 for a write-up and video of how to service your solenoid.

Since you just got it used, you never know how it was treated or know the maintenance history so I would always recommend breaking down the whole marker and give it a good cleaning, replace o-rings as needed (or even if suspected but "look" good), relube with a good paintball grease lube, and reassemble.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:41 PM #5
iPaintSlinger
Front Line

The baby oil thing is def not a good idea. The ASA o-ring issue could be because your tanks output pressure is too high and you are flipping the RAPS lever too fast. Take your marker apart and clean everything. I literally mean take it apart and clean (not whipe down) every part of that marker. When you are done with the cleaning reassemble and lube everything with real lube. After this try to fire your marker to see if it works. Only after this will should you mess with your solenoid. Also try replacing the stock bolt with another stock bolt and if that doesn't work then upgrade it to the Techt L7 bolt. Good luck bro.

iPS
iPaintSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:03 PM #6
goofdunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
That plastic thing on the bolt is actually a bumper - it does not actually seal anything. All the sealing bolt o-rings on the G4 are in the body of the marker.

As noted above, you should use a quality paintball grease lube - no oil at all. My suggestion, since you will need to call Dangerous Power anyway to order a replacement bolt bumper, is to also get an o-ring kit. You may need to replace the o-rings in the body of the marker and possibly the one on the end of the stem of the backcap.

For the solenoid, is it a constant leak? If so, is it faint or really loud and gushing air? Check to be sure you get replacement solenoid o-rings if/when you get a kit. They are 2mm inside diameter X 1mm cross sectional diameter. You can check here ---> http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3457681 for a write-up and video of how to service your solenoid.

Since you just got it used, you never know how it was treated or know the maintenance history so I would always recommend breaking down the whole marker and give it a good cleaning, replace o-rings as needed (or even if suspected but "look" good), relube with a good paintball grease lube, and reassemble.
yes u cleaned the whole gun already before i brought it to the paintball place, i will get new lube but just wondering does the g4 rebuild kit include a bolt bumper? Everything is there on the solenoid don't know where the leak is then, thanks

Last edited by goofdunk : 07-05-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:03 PM #7
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofdunk View Post
yes u cleaned the whole gun already before i brought it to the paintball place, i will get new lube but just wondering does the g4 rebuild kit include a bolt bumper? Everything is there on the solenoid don't know where the leak is then, thanks
OK, good that you cleaned it all first. That bolt bumper is not going to be in any o-ring kit and I don't think it is even included in a parts kit. It is something that you'll have to order it individually. It is possible that just using a grease lube made for paintball markers could take care of the leaks since it is MUCH thicker than baby oil.

As for the solenoid leak. You can take the grip frame off of the marker body and then air up. This way, you will be able to see the solenoid and determine exactly where the leak is from (between the noid and marker body, out of the cap, or out of the vent hole(s) on the side of the solenoid).

Post up what you find and we can walk you through it if needed. Good luck.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500

Last edited by CA_Tectonics : 07-05-2014 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:22 AM #8
goofdunk

Quote:
OK, good that you cleaned it all first. That bolt bumper is not going to be in any o-ring kit and I don't think it is even included in a parts kit. It is something that you'll have to order it individually. It is possible that just using a grease lube made for paintball markers could take care of the leaks since it is MUCH thicker than baby oil.

As for the solenoid leak. You can take the grip frame off of the marker body and then air up. This way, you will be able to see the solenoid and determine exactly where the leak is from (between the noid and marker body, out of the cap, or out of the vent hole(s) on the side of the solenoid).

Post up what you find and we can walk you through it if needed. Good luck.
thanks man, the bolt bumper is too expensive 2$ +30$ shipping, i can't pay that much for this gun as i am getting a new gun, is it possible for me to cut up elastic band same size and slip it on? Thanks also airing up without grip is fine? safe?
Old 07-06-2014, 03:06 AM #9
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
thanks man, the bolt bumper is too expensive 2$ +30$ shipping, i can't pay that much for this gun as i am getting a new gun, is it possible for me to cut up elastic band same size and slip it on? Thanks also airing up without grip is fine? safe?
Unfortunately, there really is no reliable alternative for the bolt bumper. There are threads on the bolt where the bumper goes and threads on the inside of the bumper. I'm afraid that gluing something on in its place is going to lead to other issues like bold stick, bolt stuck, and simply not lasting very long at all. Are you in Canada? Why $30 to ship?

As for taking the frame off and airing up....yes, it is safe IF done correctly and safely. When you think about it for a second, the only difference between airing it up for normal use and with the frame off is 2 screws - the ones that hold the frame to the body. Whenever working with high pressure air, there is always an element of danger.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:12 PM #10
goofdunk

Quote:
Unfortunately, there really is no reliable alternative for the bolt bumper. There are threads on the bolt where the bumper goes and threads on the inside of the bumper. I'm afraid that gluing something on in its place is going to lead to other issues like bold stick, bolt stuck, and simply not lasting very long at all. Are you in Canada? Why $30 to ship?

As for taking the frame off and airing up....yes, it is safe IF done correctly and safely. When you think about it for a second, the only difference between airing it up for normal use and with the frame off is 2 screws - the ones that hold the frame to the body. Whenever working with high pressure air, there is always an element of danger.
yeah i am in canada unfortunately i cannot do anything
Old 07-06-2014, 08:28 PM #11
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
yeah i am in canada unfortunately i cannot do anything
Sent you a PM. I have an idea.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:41 PM #12
sirdouglasb12

sirdouglasb12 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sirdouglasb12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sirdouglasb12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I just searched Ebay and found two used G4 back caps (one black, one silver) that each include the bumper. Price with shipping is $13 and change.

Lots of people have upgraded their bolts, and as such have the back cap laying around. You could also post in the Dangerous Power B/S/T on Facebook.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:24 PM #13
CA_Tectonics

The bumper the O0 is looking for is the one on the tail end of the bolt itself, not the back cap. Thanks for checking into it though.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:40 PM #14
CA_Tectonics

Just an update for those looking - looks like this fix has been put on pause for the time being.
Old Today, 11:40 AM #15
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
30 bucks to ship a plastic disk to canada? It can easily go in an enevlope as lettermail for what......a dollar? One of the reasons I no longer have anything to do with DP lol.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote