PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-08-2014, 03:33 PM #1
S/P Impulse
Gun Collector

S/P Impulse owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Polishing and porting rammer and hammer

As the title states, can anyone give me more information on polishing and porting the rammer and hammer? I pulled out an old Lasoya PM that I've had in stoarge for awhile, and I'm gonna tinker with it. I've got a crammer, but I want to see if there is any major difference from one rammer to the other. Post or P/M me with your replies please. Thanx.
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2014, 01:33 AM #2
Nobody609

Nobody609 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Can't really port a PM ram. You can polish it, surely. You would have to heat up the hammer part, to break the loctite, to pull it apart. You also do not want to mar the ram shaft, as it needs to be smooth to seal against the orings in the ram housing.

Never messed with the crammer or much on the PM series rams. Wasn't around for them when new. The theories are the same from the B2K, but in a different form.

Now the reason you would want to polish the ram, is to lessen any possible drag on the ram, which alows you to lower the LPR pressure, since you now need less force/pressure to move the ram. Simple As that.
Nobody609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:02 PM #3
S/P Impulse
Gun Collector

S/P Impulse owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I went to change the title, but it wouldnt let me. I thought I had read posts talking about porting the hammer not the rammer shaft. So in my head I'm picturing the "rat hole" hammers from the classic Impulse (R.I.P.) Is this feasable? As far as polishing the rammer shaft. Just a standard polishing compound?
Old 07-10-2014, 12:11 AM #4
Nobody609

Nobody609 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
You can drill or cut away material on the hammer, but when you remove weight, you need to make up that mechanical force with a higher LPR pr or ram pressure. It looks cool, but not too many people ever see the pretty work done to the hammer. I haven't polished a shaft myself, so i can't really tell you how to do it. A polishing compound would be an excellent start.
Nobody609 is offline   Reply With Quote