Old 08-27-2013, 09:34 PM #22
Lungorthin
War Cult Supremacy

Annual Supporting Member
Lungorthin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Lungorthin owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvas View Post
axes are entry level and shoot that way - in that the lack accuracy.
Ummmmm... What?
Lungorthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2013, 10:46 PM #23
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
BurningPlaydoh has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvas View Post
i have one jt impulse , two vanquish 2 pro axe and ive owned every marker out there and yes this yr we are a kee sponsored team. the vanquish are like a lux, same engine and they shoot like a lux. axes are entry level and shoot that way - in that the lack accuracy . jt impulse are super nice, light accurate, efficient. in fact im selling the axes and vanquish and will go with impulses..
No marker is more accurate than another and the Axe is capable of a consistency of +-2 over a chrono.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:42 PM #24
Joe13750

Joe13750 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Joe13750 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Joe13750 is for the Gunfight
Joe13750 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanLiera View Post
Have you shot a vanquish? I haven't but theirs 3 at my field and I always watch after I die and the sound 1 is louder than a luxe 2 is very sharp and 3 it changes from shot to shot. It will be like three cracks then one puff then crack puff lol its so weird
Its the stock barrel and they probably aren't broken in. I have a luxe 2 and a teammate has a vanquish and his gun is much quieter. It is broken in and with a boomstick its honestly one of the quietest guns I ever heard. Last tourney a ref came up to me (I was shooting the vanquish) and he asked if I was even shooting the gun it was so quiet.
#7 ORLANDO

G.I Victus http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4383161
Joe13750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:05 PM #25
nightmares&lollypops
nice marmot

has been a member for 10 years
nightmares&lollypops owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
nightmares&lollypops owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
nightmares&lollypops owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
nightmares&lollypops supports Team VICIOUS
I don't like the vanquish but I have to admit I LOVE the vanquish's trigger
nightmares&lollypops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:54 PM #26
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
BurningPlaydoh has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe13750 View Post
Its the stock barrel and they probably aren't broken in. I have a luxe 2 and a teammate has a vanquish and his gun is much quieter. It is broken in and with a boomstick its honestly one of the quietest guns I ever heard. Last tourney a ref came up to me (I was shooting the vanquish) and he asked if I was even shooting the gun it was so quiet.
Agreed, the Super Freak CF tip is uber loud.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:27 AM #27
ccsorce

ccsorce has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The axe is no less accurate than any other gun^^^ it's probably the paint or barrel you're using. All guns in themselves are just as accurate as the next.... With that being said the impulse is an underrated gun. It shoots similar to a g6r in the sense that it is smooth for a poppit. Feels amazing in the hands and is backed by KEE. Even though it has the JT name on it doesn't mean it's a bad gun. KEE invested a lot of time into this gun and took everything the 09 impulse did right and put it into this gun and fixed a great deal that was wrong with it. For a grand new this gun is a steal for the performance they provide
ccsorce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:01 AM #28
inferno2inferno

The ultimate failing of the Impulse was aside from having the JT name on it was the fact that in terms of filling the market, it did not fill any of the release expectations for markers of its year. While many new markers waving the banner of macro-lessness were released such as the Vanquish and the new equivalents from eclipse (which technically have a macro like part still), the Impulse showed up to the no macro party with a macro and said 'im here!', which did not command the interest of players. Owning one, I can say that the Impulse is a pretty solid gun, there is nothing wrong with it, but it came to a market where expectations for high end markers are different than what they used to be and it is very much built around a marker concept that has more or less passed in the minds of players.
inferno2inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:39 AM #29
Ackon

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno2inferno View Post
The ultimate failing of the Impulse was aside from having the JT name on it was the fact that in terms of filling the market, it did not fill any of the release expectations for markers of its year. While many new markers waving the banner of macro-lessness were released such as the Vanquish and the new equivalents from eclipse (which technically have a macro like part still), the Impulse showed up to the no macro party with a macro and said 'im here!', which did not command the interest of players. Owning one, I can say that the Impulse is a pretty solid gun, there is nothing wrong with it, but it came to a market where expectations for high end markers are different than what they used to be and it is very much built around a marker concept that has more or less passed in the minds of players.
From what i remember, the 2009 SP impulse was macroless. It is possibly they took a step back and made it with the macro-line to make the balance valve work.

i agree, they really put in into a line (JT) that really isn't known for their markers. They really should have kept JT with their 50 cal and move the impulse to the Empire line. However like many already said, it would just cut in on sales if the consumer look at "empire markers" But the mini and impulse are 2 different beast.

And their price range are not within each other, entry marker $460, top line poppet $900, top line spoolie $1500

i think they could have a beast going on with their spoolie (vanquish) and Impulse (poppet) and entry level Axe/Mini. They could have probably could have dominated all 3 with good marketing.

Last edited by Ackon : 07-02-2014 at 02:41 AM.
Ackon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:46 AM #30
coolicarboy
Dont take my avatar!

coolicarboy plays in the PSP
coolicarboy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
coolicarboy is for the Gunfight
coolicarboy posts videos on PbNation
Agreed. The Impulse is actually one hell of a marker.

Palm Beach Vipers

Check out my vids!
coolicarboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:01 AM #31
imped4now
BTFU

It is very much one hell of a marker.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:07 AM #32
ironyusa
reappropriating resources

I hope the impulse2 (if there is one) makes the LPR flush and goes to macroless. With the already solid ergos and performance it could be paramount.

New ideas being shown at: inceptionforums.com
ironyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:27 AM #33
Carlos_Is_King

If they change the name to the Empire Impulse it would probably sell better

Marq Clan
Insight Owners Group
Carlos_Is_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:41 AM #34
ironyusa
reappropriating resources

^^ I actually agree.

New ideas being shown at: inceptionforums.com
ironyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:56 PM #35
imped4now
BTFU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
I hope the impulse2 (if there is one) makes the LPR flush and goes to macroless. With the already solid ergos and performance it could be paramount.
Hell, JUST flattening out the LPR or losing it alltogether would be kickass. Macroless would be icing on the cake. I still prefer the ergonomics to the G6R or anything I've ever felt actually.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:34 PM #36
inferno2inferno

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
I agree with this. If it evolved into a marker for today's audience with those features, it would go a long way.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:40 PM #37
coolicarboy
Dont take my avatar!

coolicarboy plays in the PSP
coolicarboy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
coolicarboy is for the Gunfight
coolicarboy posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
Hell, JUST flattening out the LPR or losing it alltogether would be kickass. Macroless would be icing on the cake. I still prefer the ergonomics to the G6R or anything I've ever felt actually.
I agree completely. If they did everything you mentioned in addition to changing the name to "Empire Impulse", it would compete with the best poppet valve markers on the market. The Impulse platform has a lot of potential.

Palm Beach Vipers

Check out my vids!
coolicarboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:38 AM #38
DRAXX
www.muddhillspaintball.tk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackon View Post

From what i remember, the 2009 SP impulse was macroless. It is possibly they took a step back and made it with the macro-line to make the balance valve work.

i agree, they really put in into a line (JT) that really isn't known for their markers. They really should have kept JT with their 50 cal and move the impulse to the Empire line. However like many already said, it would just cut in on sales if the consumer look at "empire markers" But the mini and impulse are 2 different beast.

And their price range are not within each other, entry marker $460, top line poppet $900, top line spoolie $1500

i think they could have a beast going on with their spoolie (vanquish) and Impulse (poppet) and entry level Axe/Mini. They could have probably could have dominated all 3 with good marketing.
Yeah, I think kee really could have dominated the poppet market if it marketed under Empire. I think maybe Key didn't want it in the empire line because it would have possibly stole the vabquishes thunder.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:23 AM #39
imped4now
BTFU

The advertising for the marker was also piss poor and the "features" section is very wishy washy and more reminiscent of beginners markers. High end markers need to be marketed and described as high end markers.

Going into a more detailed, technically-focused approach like PE does it would have probably helped greatly. Regardless, I think anyone who has spent some time with one can agree that they are truly fantastic markers.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:07 PM #40
the_pb_pirate
Dustin

the_pb_pirate is an NCPA player
Kee didn't go into a ton of detail with the Vanquish launch either. I think when they decided to model some markers based on the Smart Parts IP they figured everyone would know what the deal is with the function of the guns. That assumption isn't far off for folks that have been around the sport for a while but I feel like they definitely missed some sales this way. With that being said, if I was on an Empire sponsored teams and had to shoot one of their markers it would be the Impulse. Super underrated and cheap to come by on the b/s/t right now.
the_pb_pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 02:28 AM #41
DRAXX
www.muddhillspaintball.tk

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pb_pirate View Post
Kee didn't go into a ton of detail with the Vanquish launch either. I think when they decided to model some markers based on the Smart Parts IP they figured everyone would know what the deal is with the function of the guns. That assumption isn't far off for folks that have been around the sport for a while but I feel like they definitely missed some sales this way. With that being said, if I was on an Empire sponsored teams and had to shoot one of their markers it would be the Impulse. Super underrated and cheap to come by on the b/s/t right now.
Agreed. Slowly the word is going out about em
Old 07-07-2014, 12:30 PM #42
spece108
Tiffany

I put the jt impulse at the top of the list for a used marker to buy in 2 years. They perform great, weren't well trademarked/marketed, wether or not a new model comes out the current model will drop precipitously on the used market and be an excellent value buy. This is the same reason I'm shooting a zr1.5 right now. Awesome shot quality, macroless, good ergos and great efficiency. Plus I got it for sub $300 for the above reasons.