PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-07-2014, 01:39 PM #22
SharptheJack
Hit more when out.

SharptheJack has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Way to keep it classy, Jacenator. I agree with you completely. I think it's overpriced, but if the people who want it can afford it, they'll buy one. Just because someone disagrees with your point of view doesn't give them the right to be a jackass.
Bigballsofpaint: don't ever insult someone's family when they're just having a discussion with a group of people. It's a childish, classless thing to do. You should be ashamed.
SharptheJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2014, 01:45 PM #23
bigballsofpaint

has been a member for 10 years
bigballsofpaint plays in the PSP
bigballsofpaint owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
bigballsofpaint plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacenator View Post
No, my rational is in priorities. A new car is something completely different. Its something that is necessary to get from one place to another. A new one would be a good investment.

A paintball gun is not a necessity. Its used for a hobby, an awesome one, but a hobby none the less. The cost just isn't worth it if you aren't on an actual team that makes money off the sport (which is rare). You don't get back as much as you put into it. There are plenty of mid level guns, that from what I've experienced, perform just as well as the high end ones. The price is still high for the average customer. You have to do R&D and etc. for anything you make from game consoles, to pianos, to about near everything. this one is no different from the amount of research anyone would have had to put in for any of their other markers.

If you thought I was being dead serious about my family than you need to look up what the word exaggeration is. No, we don't think its a great price. I'm putting my opinion down like the rest of us here.

If you didn't like what I said in the post, you could just say that you think it was a fair price to the work involved in making it, you don't have start trying to insult people and start acting like an *** just to bring your point across.

By the way, I am an engineering student and I understand what goes into r&d and engineering. My dad is also an engineer so even if I wasn't an engineering student I would still know what goes into. By the way that is another priority: school. Not cheap and an important investment.
Good to know, i am an engineer as well as a programmer so i know what goes into these things. Everything takes R&D and has a cost associated with it. Its in supply and demand. Gun manufacturers arent selling millions of these things, so they need to make a higher percentage than say Sony who has a large amount of business's and can take a lower profit off they consoles.

But again like i said because you cant afford to spend X amount on a hobby doesn't mean it's not worth it. I dont recall insulting you though. People spend a ton of money on a new snowboard, skis, etc, hobbies cost various amounts of money and those purchasing the item obviously thinks it is worth it. Ive only purchased 2 brand new markers in the 16 years i have played, 1 cost 100 bucks, the other cost 1300. Everything else i have owned has been used. Someone needs to buy the new gun though in order for you to buy it used down the road.
A.P.S. --Rage A1, rage stiffi,3 piece eyes, magno kit -05 Speed- Bonzai Eclipse LED with Virtue
Misc -- Spanky Fishbone cocker -Empire Tracer --
Old GunsEclipse angle LED, 2x Angel LED, 06 Ego, Adrenaline Angel LCD, Stormtrooper Geo, Excaliber, Shocker 4x4
bigballsofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:48 PM #24
bigballsofpaint

bigballsofpaint plays in the PSP
bigballsofpaint owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
bigballsofpaint plays in the APPA D4 division
I didnt know saying his family is classy if they would knock down his door and beat him was such an insult. There are much worse things that could be said, the fact that they have any say in anything you purchase says enough. My parents dont agree with a lot of the things i buy, but it is my money.
A.P.S. --Rage A1, rage stiffi,3 piece eyes, magno kit -05 Speed- Bonzai Eclipse LED with Virtue
Misc -- Spanky Fishbone cocker -Empire Tracer --
Old GunsEclipse angle LED, 2x Angel LED, 06 Ego, Adrenaline Angel LCD, Stormtrooper Geo, Excaliber, Shocker 4x4
bigballsofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:43 PM #25
Rodinski

It's an AXE, with a freak barrel kid, and a butt stock prophecy hopper. Considering the price of these, individually, and factoring in the price of it being a single body, I think the price is slightly over what it is actually worth MRSP-wise. Considering R&D, the amount of innovation put into this marker, it seems like a fair price. Getting my own hands on it, the product seems very cheap. The materials they used seem to be brittle. I think a more respectable price should have been just over the 1000 mark for what it offers. Frankly, this marker should revolutionise speedball.

But when it comes down to personal preference, the AXE does not even perform in its price range to begin with. Freak barrel kits are next to useless, and the body just seems too brittle. I'd like to see some stress tests or some proper analysis of what material they use, but I don't have access to that. In those regards, I wish they would remove some "features" from the kit and sell it at a cheaper price because of it. I won't ever use that stock barrel. Heck, shaft barrels are next to garbage. I'd much rather grab a proto barrel and throw it on there. Anyways, that is my rant.

Honestly, I like the marker when you neglect the price. It's decent. Is it worth the price, technically yes, but honestly, when you factor in the real world performance, I just don't see it. But in all honesty, if I could afford one, I would use it as my main marker. The entire concept of a hopper in the butt stock is the selling factor to the marker, nothing else. If they would make cheaper version, Empire could really revolutionise paintball.
Rodinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:58 PM #26
Punisher068

Axes don't perform,Freak kits are useless!?!Ok.Care to share what you've been smoking
The body is the same stuff used by Tippmann for years,think they've done their homework on that.I'm impressed they went with metal instead of composite myself
I think it's a great concept,execution seems good too.Price is a little high but new concepts whether it's cars,paintball or mattreses always cost more untill their mainstream
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:04 PM #27
Rodinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher068 View Post
Axes don't perform,Freak kits are useless!?!Ok.Care to share what you've been smoking
The body is the same stuff used by Tippmann for years,think they've done their homework on that.I'm impressed they went with metal instead of composite myself
I think it's a great concept,execution seems good too.Price is a little high but new concepts whether it's cars,paintball or mattreses always cost more untill their mainstream
The AXE is merely a suited Mini. Mini tweaks here and there. Overall, they perform nearly identical. I've known players many players that have upgrade from a Mini to an AXE and had nothing to walk home about. One of my speedball mates sold his AXE and went back to his Mini because of it. Then he upgraded to a Ego 11 and then a Geo 3. AXEs are nothing to write home about for a $500 marker. Not saying they are bad, they aren't. But taking the perspective on what you pay for them, it's nothing special.

What metal is it? A ceramic composite infused with magnesium isn't something I'd call a "metal". But if it is the same stuff used by tippmann, which when I held one it didn't feel like it, eh, might work out well.

Freak kits are overrated. Overbore is what you want. I have evil pipe barrels that walk over every barrel kit I've seen. These cost me 10 bucks. You do not want rotation on your ball, nor any deformities, let alone, a shell giving elastic properties to be compressed by any degree. Increasing the diameter, to a certain degree, to cause turbulent air flow reduces friction on the ball. No rotation, no lateral drift. There are no seems on you ball, so you'll see a more predictable trajectory as no vertexes are formed around the ball. The point to improving the accuracy on a perfect sphere is to have no rotation. If we were talking about something other than a sphere, I'd agree with the concepts of matching/underboring paint.

I love the concept, it's good. I'd really want to see more of these markers hit the field, let alone, the concept of the hopper in the buttstock to become mainstream.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:08 PM #28
miramire
Terrible Turk

Annual Supporting Member
miramire is a Supporting Member
With a 230 ball capacity and an ASA (external tank or remote line), it doesn't measure up to my standards/understanding/definition of magfed or milsim. I'll pass.
miramire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:14 PM #29
Rodinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by miramire View Post
With a 230 ball capacity and an ASA (external tank or remote line), it doesn't measure up to my standards/understanding/definition of magfed or milsim. I'll pass.
Bullpup lmg? :-P
Old 03-10-2014, 07:20 PM #30
MasterChickenX5
Half-Cow

MasterChickenX5 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
MasterChickenX5 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MasterChickenX5 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
MasterChickenX5 supports Empire
i would rather have a DAM and a box mag so i could still use first strike, and play without a hopper then a d fender, just my personal preference

"Do what you gotta do" ~B Dog
MasterChickenX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:19 AM #31
miramire
Terrible Turk

Annual Supporting Member
miramire is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodinski View Post
Bullpup lmg? :-P
As it looks out of the box, yes. Add a tank or remote line and no. IMHO.
miramire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:22 PM #32
BALOT911
balot911

Amen to the "married" mantra

http://s72.photobucket.com/user/Loy_Cadiz/slideshow/
BALOT911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:10 AM #33
savageJT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisbrent View Post
Not to be "that guy" but buying a car with the mindset that it's a financial investment is silly, regardless of condition.

The Dfender is pretty damn sweet though and definitely looks like it would fulfill many a Rambo fantasy.

I certainly wouldn't spend $1,200 on it but then again I'm married so that choice is already made for me.
HAHA!!!! I totally agree! My wife would castrate me right now if i brought home a 1200 marker!!!! You gotta admit though that the defender looks pretty damn cool. I just wish the price was somewhere in the 700.00 range then i MIGHT be able to justify it and save my pennies
"But honey, I am saving money because the hopper is built it, thats $170.00 off right there..." LOL
savageJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:11 AM #34
savageJT

Still for the price,,,,, I think the DAM is a better buy... the option to go Mag or Hopper fed wins it for me.
savageJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:01 AM #35
Chumin8er

Chumin8er has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Chumin8er has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Viper actually has a set of rules for a heavy gunner team of 2 people that can use a dfender. So they can be used in a magfed game.

Yeah they are a pricy piece of hardware but I don't think LUX thought everyone in the brother would be buying one of their 2000$ guns.

Its a cool gun, it runs well. A friend I play scenarios with has put a ton of paint through his and just loves it. So few problems, can only remember one ball breaking in the feed tube, but I can't blame the gun for this. It was this really crappy RPS pink paint that we got stuck with at the last event. They should have recalled it, if you looked at it funny it would break.
Chumin8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:07 PM #36
Robotech

Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by miramire View Post
I somewhat concour with this. While I think it still falls under the "milsim" catagory for looks and the simple fact it has rails but with the emphasis moving forward towards magfed, I see the dfender doing better if it was redesigned into more of a speedball style of marker than milsim.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:19 AM #37
fossilhead
Don't need a helmet

I wish they'd sell a body kit so I could cram a Marq or a G6 in it.

that'd be sweet.

Or just sell a hopper system that I can slap on any gun I want.

Last edited by fossilhead : 07-01-2014 at 06:24 AM.
fossilhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:34 AM #38
NkdMangina
Brandon Doyle

NkdMangina plays in the PSP
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends III
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends V
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends VI
NkdMangina posts videos on PbNation
It is a fun gun to play around with, you can even add a metadyne havoc launcher. If you're thinking about getting one, you should definitely search eBay or PbNation for a used setup right now. If you don't like it you can always resell it
3rd Place - UWL 5-Man Chicago 2013 (Chicago Underground)
1st Place - UWL 10-Man Nebraska 2013 (Chicago Underground)
NkdMangina is offline   Reply With Quote