Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-01-2014, 03:48 AM #778
Mounts137

Last weekend I brought a friend who had never played the game before with me to our local field. When the first game started he ran along with me and i told him to watch the right while i watch the left then after about a minute into the game a guy from the other team ran up from his side and shot us both and i asked my friend what happened and he told me he was shooting and nothing was coming out then i checked his gun and he never took off his barrel sleeve and i found about half a hopper of paint inside of his barrel sleeve.
Mounts137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2014, 07:49 PM #779
PenguinIsAngry

Mine:
I've played woodsball quite a bit but this was my first shot at speedball. I just purchased a new speedball marker to replace my mil-sim 98 and was testing it out. I bought the worst/cheapest paint possible because I just wanted to give it a shot and spray some paint for once and didn't know it really made a difference then. I ended up getting into a battle directly ahead of me and let off a few shots.

I instantly see the ref drop to the ground but think nothing of it. I shoot a few more times and then realize that my horrible paint is bouncing off the air bunker and arcing directly at the ref.

I was so used to shooting at hard bunkers and trees that I didn't realize that was actually possible. I felt so bad that I shot him 10+ times that I called myself out to walk over and apologize.

Also, first time my friend went speedballing he tried to light up the ref when he ran in for check. Luckily he missed at 3 feet
PenguinIsAngry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:56 PM #780
PC6277

I go every weekend & typically see some type of interesting behavior, ha.
There's always the 1 or 2 newcomers that shoot themselves in the foot, or spill their paint EVERYWHERE!
The ones that keep shooting their gun not knowing there's no paint left.
The ones that stay back while other team members rush to the other side, and not knowing its their team, they friendly fire.
BUT! The funniest thing I have seen was when a group of 8 guys came in, only played like once or twice, but they all wanted to be on the same team, and go against the people who are regulars at the field. That was a big mistake, cause they got slaughtered.
I also enjoy being doubted, haha. Most of the time it is about 20 guys and 1 girl at the field, me, and when the newcomers play, they don't really expect much from me, however, I always prove them wrong.
PC6277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:50 PM #781
phyduck54

phyduck54 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
phyduck54 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
While reffing a group of kids (like 8-10) the past weekend a 5 on 5, when the game starts both sides were holding there own even though two of the kids from one side were glued to the bunker behind home allowing the opposing team to slowly pick his team mates off. They are eventually the last two players on there team, one kid decides to kneel down open his hopper and proceeds to empty his whole hopper (which was just filled before the game and he did not fire) on to the ground and calls himself out. As that was happening the other kid runs and gets shot out -_-

This same group, played at my field later that day with switched out players and when the game starts the 5 vs 5 turned into a 2 vs 5. Three players from that team stayed behind home, but not just that, it gets better. They were literally "sitting" down with there backs to the bunker, rentals on there lap staring at the netting ignoring all the people yelling at them to move. Needless to say they were shot out by the the other kids and were suprised that it happened ........
phyduck54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:20 AM #782
ThatOneNiceRef

ThatOneNiceRef owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ThatOneNiceRef has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0ckw4v3 View Post
We get a surprising amount of minorities that play as well, no offense to anyone!

Eh, hard to find offensive. Paintball certainly seems to be the stereotypical "middle-to-upper-class-white-person" kind of sport at first glance.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:06 AM #783
gulfcoasted

I wasn't a first timer but it was my first time out with my ion (first electro). The local field used to have two narrower airball fields but had changed to a giant xball field by removing the netting between the fields, not the support poles....

Having watched hours of dynasty dominate the world cup at Raymond James stadium I ran down the snake to bunker my mirror. Took him out and then BAM took a metal pole to the face and went down hard. It had to have been hilarious.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:05 PM #784
proriin

proriin owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
proriin has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
proriin has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballinBanana View Post
This guy had a brand new Lv1 and Spire:but had to rent a steelie tank, pod pack, and a crapy rental mask. I just thought that was very funny.
That bugs me so much, new kids need to know that mask comes first
proriin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:29 PM #785
proriin

proriin owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
proriin has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
proriin has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
My new to paintball friends who play CoD all day (never have played before) telling me how there going to wreck me and going to "dolphin dive" and everything
proriin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:25 AM #786
CLAYZWORLD

When you run out of paint, turn your eyes off, and dry fire so the kids will duck behind the bunker it's hilarious.
CLAYZWORLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:30 AM #787
Tombstone82

Annual Supporting Member
Tombstone82 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by proriin View Post
My new to paintball friends who play CoD all day (never have played before) telling me how there going to wreck me and going to "dolphin dive" and everything
I'm sure that changed after you lite them up a few times, lol.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:08 AM #788
ZeroNotHero
Terse? I can be terse.

ZeroNotHero owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ZeroNotHero has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ZeroNotHero supports Empire
I have a new favorite after this weekend.

Just finished at the chrono and as I take my mask off I hear screaming from the speedball field. Some little kid, probably 12-13 I would guess, is behind home yelling "Time out! Time out! Stop! Come get me! Stop shooting! Time out!". He's not even being hit as not a single player had even gotten to the 50 yet, much less past it. Last thing I saw as I walked away laughing was the ref jogging out there.
ZeroNotHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:55 PM #789
Ahura_Mazda

This one happened many years ago but I won't forget it. It was The only scenario I have been to with my friends and we stuck together almost the entire time. The "lines" get established pretty quickly and we were sitting pretty much on our teams front line looking and discussing what to do next. Suddenly out if the blue I hear a buddy yell, " go silver team, GO!" and he charged the enemy line. Thinking this was something I didn't know about I stood up and looked to see if anyone else was going. Everyone just sat there with blank looks and I look back to my lone charging friend and watch him get destroyed. He took an especially bad one to the neck and fell to the ground tumbling. To this day that is my personal war cry.
Ahura_Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:22 PM #790
Kortelli

Just a few weeks ago I was refing and a burst disk blew on this kids rental tank literally threw the marker twenty feet away ran away screaming ... Priceless
Kortelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:54 PM #791
seahiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kortelli View Post
Just a few weeks ago I was refing and a burst disk blew on this kids rental tank literally threw the marker twenty feet away ran away screaming ... Priceless
If I would ever seen a burst disk blow I would simply drop to the ground, wait till the panic around stops, then crawl away.
seahiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 11:25 AM #792
Pox11223

Pox11223 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
my first ever game a few funny things occured..

when I brought my ex (dont regret it anymore ) we played a small section on a 5v5. sadly for her she did not know when she gets shot to put her marker up.. my first shot on her all she did was keep shooting at my team which proceeded me to shoot her about 6 more times. at this point she gets up and runs away. apparently at the angle i was i shot 4 at her arm and about 3 in her neck. noone cared which surprised me.
shortly after we get these two "gangsters" who are talking **** to my brother who was also a first timer. without the ref seeing they fired at my brothers feet and laughing telling him to dance. sadly, my brother didnt dance which surprised them he instead said oh really then bleed followed by 2 shots to both of their legs.. I laughed so hard followed by my parents telling the ref what the kids did to entice my brother. oddly only they got kicked out while the refs were chuckling.
lastly as the day was almost over my dad decided to sneak up on a group of 3 ( 2 of my younger friends and their mom).
long story short he ended up shooting their mom while both kids (who were prone under her) lit my dad up while screaming MOOOOOOOOOM
Old 11-21-2014, 04:00 PM #793
dswalker1

At a local field there was a large party group of 12-14 year old girls and 4-5 mom’s getting ready for their first game. The Ref tried to split them up, but they insisted on staying on the same team so the Ref put two very good tournament player on their team so would not get completely destroyed. During the game most of the girls were out and I was moving up the right side trying to sneak behind the experienced players when some little girl that was hiding behind a bunker the whole game nailed me in the back with about five shots. This was the only time she shot in the entire game.
dswalker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:00 AM #794
HazMat725
Cin Sanity Paintball

HazMat725 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
HazMat725 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
HazMat725 supports Empire
Kids saying they are gonna snipe and everyone looking in awe at my flashy spyder xtra (thats all i had at the time) acting like I had a GSL or something lmao