PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-26-2013, 09:29 PM #1
Preferred Mob

Preferred Mob Tryouts, D4 NEXL 2014.

A little bit about us:

Preferred Mob began the 2013 season as a new team, never playing together before. The team finished the NEXL season in 2nd place overall (never finishing below 5th place at any event) and attended the PSP world cup, missing the Sunday cut by a 0.5 point margin.

Our players have experience playing a variety of formats (Xball, 7 man, 5 man, 3 man & Race-To) and have participated in numerous regional & national leagues including: The PSP, NPPL, NCPA, NEXL/NEPL & FoXball.

In addition to competing in the NEXL's D3 Division in 2014, the core of our D3 roster will also be participating in a full season of FoXball as well as several PSP events.

What are we looking for?

Coming off of a successful 2013 campaign, we are looking to expand our ranks to include a NEW D-4 Xball squad to compete in the NEXL during the 2014 season.

We are looking for individuals who are willing to dedicate a full season of paintball to our organization. This will include practices, rotations, team meetings and events. If you do not practice, you will not play. We frequently practice at Boston Paintball's outdoor field in Maynard as well as Fox 4 Paintball in Upton, MA during the season, and work out of Boston Paintball's Chelsea and Ashland indoor locations during the winter months.

Players will need to have working equipment, reliable transportation, a good attitude as well as a willingness to put in the time & effort to get better. YOU MUST HAVE A JOB OR SOME RELIABLE WAY TO FUND YOUR SEASON. This is not a free ride and any potential deals/discounts will not be disclosed to anyone who does not make the team.

Tournament experience is not necessary (but is definitely a plus!).

When & where?

Tryouts will be held in two sessions on Sunday December 8, 2013 & Sunday December 15, 2013 at Boston Paintball Chelsea's indoor field. The first session will consist of drilling and the second session will feature live scrimmages. Players will need to attend both sessions in order to be considered for the roster. Additional practice dates may be offered to any players we feel will need a second look.

The cost of the tryout will be $85 (including entry, air and 1 case). Additional cases available if necessary.

Please PM me your APPA number (if applicable) & on field position(s) in addition to any credentials and related paintball experience you feel that we should consider. We look forward to meeting everyone and watching you play!

Last edited by Preferred Mob : 11-26-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Preferred Mob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2013, 09:30 PM #2
Preferred Mob

Reserved.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:17 PM #3
Tajue17
Plymouth Rock

has been a member for 10 years
Tajue17 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Tajue17 plays in the APPA D4 division
Dean whats the age range your looking for and is this for the new NEXL squad only or are you back filling the previous teams too.
Tajue17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:59 PM #4
gixer2000

gixer2000 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gixer2000 supports Pev's Paintball
gixer2000 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
No age restrictions. Definitely come to the tryouts and see what happens. Didn't really plan to back fill the d3 but really don't know till we see what the players have to offer
Old 11-27-2013, 09:14 PM #5
Preferred Mob

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixer2000 View Post
No age restrictions. Definitely come to the tryouts and see what happens. Didn't really plan to back fill the d3 but really don't know till we see what the players have to offer
This is correct. At this time, the roster for the D3 team is pretty well set. We are looking for primarily D4 players for this new roster at this time.

Please feel free to Post or PM with any further questions!
Old 11-27-2013, 11:31 PM #6
autodoc

Annual Supporting Member
autodoc plays in the PSP
autodoc owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
autodoc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
autodoc owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
autodoc plays in the APPA D3 division
autodoc owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
thanks guys

You are doing a great job, while I recover......

I do believe that our d3 roster is filled, but based on experience things change, players get different interests and responsibilities and as last year proved we played a couple events short on players. We will not be in that position next season.

We all started d4 last season and will be moving up.
Preferred mob would like to continue bringing in less experienced players and grow the team.

That being said, the d3 team is partially sponsored, the d4 team will be less sponsored with the chance of being moved up into a better position.

Some of the things included last season, was discounted practices and events, national and local. No charge clinics with Bloodline, Section8 and 187crew, the best teams in New England !!!
Jack Woods serial #001 SL91, GSL #001 BLACK,20th Anniversary set #8, Vicious CSL,], ICON GEO3, Boston Paintball Reaper GEO3 , 187crew LV1, Boston Paintball Custom Twister LV1, Hurricanes SL8R, Infamous Johnny Cash SL and everything is older like me and no one cares

Preferred MOB Competition Paintball Team
autodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:10 AM #7
HIDDEN AGENDA (Banned)
was a 100+/0- 2K6'r.

Annual Supporting Member
Well that sucks I just saw this. I've played NPPL, NEXL/NPPL, PSP before the APPA ranking took effect. Went on hiatus while I was in the military. I have working gear/good job and looking to get back into tourny paintball. Let me know if you guys are still looking.
HIDDEN AGENDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:20 PM #8
stodd508

stodd508 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Anymore tryouts ? D4 roster already filled?
stodd508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:23 PM #9
LD1980
I shoot you many time

Im wondering the same..7 yrs exp, former recent team armada
Old 02-17-2014, 10:31 PM #10
autodoc

Annual Supporting Member
autodoc plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD1980 View Post
Im wondering the same..7 yrs exp, former recent team armada
Send me a pm....we are always looking for players
Jack Woods serial #001 SL91, GSL #001 BLACK,20th Anniversary set #8, Vicious CSL,], ICON GEO3, Boston Paintball Reaper GEO3 , 187crew LV1, Boston Paintball Custom Twister LV1, Hurricanes SL8R, Infamous Johnny Cash SL and everything is older like me and no one cares

Old 06-04-2014, 04:07 PM #11
There She blows
Fly like an elephant

There She blows owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
There She blows plays in the APPA beginner division
There She blows supports DLX Technology
There She blows supports Empire
Guys still looking for d4 players ?
Old 06-10-2014, 07:15 PM #12
egoballer06

egoballer06 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Realize this is old but I was also wondering if you guys were still by any chance looking for more players? Would you consider just taking on a player just for practices even? I took a break from the sport and am trying to get back into tourney paintball and learn and become a better player and am trying to find opportunities to practice/play.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:40 PM #13
autodoc

Annual Supporting Member
autodoc plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by There She blows View Post
Guys still looking for d4 players ?
We Have practice twice a month at PnL, you are welcome to come out

Old 06-29-2014, 06:42 PM #14
autodoc

Annual Supporting Member
autodoc plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by egoballer06 View Post
Realize this is old but I was also wondering if you guys were still by any chance looking for more players? Would you consider just taking on a player just for practices even? I took a break from the sport and am trying to get back into tourney paintball and learn and become a better player and am trying to find opportunities to practice/play.
We are always looking for players that are long term and dedicated