PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-27-2014, 08:43 PM #1
azn_monk

etek 3 LT help

New to this

My etek got from a friend work for a wile but now turns on, eyes work With a new battery the problem is I fire it the ball it go 1ft I adjust the velocity can't not figure it out took it apart clean every thing still the same I'm stuck and can't figure it out.
azn_monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2014, 01:31 PM #2
AHFellows
no stupid question? haha!

Annual Supporting Member
AHFellows is BST Trusted
AHFellows is playing at Living Legends VII
AHFellows owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AHFellows has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
AHFellows supports Empire
Put a fresh battery in it, revert your HPR and LPR to stock settings and give it a shot, sounds like you are having drop off and something might not be tuned right.

KCCO
AHFellows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:57 PM #3
theVicious1

Is the bolt pin placed into the ram properly? If it is not, and is place in front of the ram it will do this.

Also, check the battery. Fresh batteries are often dead on arrival. Try again.
theVicious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:40 AM #4
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Ya I'm guessing bolt in wrong, dead battery, HPR set way too high, asa knob screwed in way too far and blocking air flow from the tank.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:19 PM #5
Fishoutawater
Etek 3 ^Z2 >Freak kit

Fishoutawater owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Fishoutawater has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm having the same issue. And if I hear dead battery one more time I'll go crazy...

When first gassed up if the velocity screw is at minimum the bolt doesn't even set and just barely cycles at max velocity. I've cleaned/oiled everything inline reg, lpr, ram exhaust I'm out of ideas. Just have to open the solenoid but its cycling normally an I can't imagine it being blocked.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:37 PM #6
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
etek issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishoutawater View Post
I'm having the same issue. And if I hear dead battery one more time I'll go crazy...

When first gassed up if the velocity screw is at minimum the bolt doesn't even set and just barely cycles at max velocity. I've cleaned/oiled everything inline reg, lpr, ram exhaust I'm out of ideas. Just have to open the solenoid but its cycling normally an I can't imagine it being blocked.
It's all about balancing the regulators and proper dwell time. Assuming there is nothing wrong with the gun of course. If your velocity is at zero then no air is going into the LPR which controls the bolt.

Turn your LPR screw flush with the metal cap. Turn your velocity to zero then get in front of a chrony and slowly increase it as you fire a couple of shots after each adjustment. When you get to the velocity you want, stop. If you seem to reach a point where your velocity is not increasing anymore stop adjusting. At this point your dwell setting is probably too low. Go into the settings and make sure your dwell is at least 8-9ms. This is a common problem. Without enough dwell time your solenoid isn't staying ON long enough which means your ram is not hitting the valve hard enough.

Once you have your dwell set, and your LPR set, you should be able to reach 290-300 no problem. These are pretty much stock, trouble free settings. If your gun still can't reach velocity at this point then:

-you may not have enough battery power for the solenoid(haha). Cheapo batteries are usually no good out of the box. Duracell or energizer only! No gas station batteries, they must be fresh.

-you have an air leak......which should be easy to hear.

-Your HPR while lubed and clean, may have the shims in wrong, or be missing shims causing your HPR no to function properly.

-You have the springs in your LPR backwards

-you have a malfunctioning QEV causing air to drain too slowly

-You have a dying solenoid

-If you have a non-stock ASA, there may not be enough air flow through it

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote