PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-28-2014, 05:57 AM #1
nyplaya513

nyplaya513 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
etek 4 lt stock efficiency

So I havent played in about 8-10 years but got the itch again and picked up a etek 4

Its completely stock LT and I am using a 68/4500 Ninja SL tank with 1 shim in the pro v2 reg for 550 psi

I am trying to get a ballpark figure for the amount of hoppers I can go through. I am using the pinnokio speed which holds a max of 180 but I have been using the virtue pf 135 pods.

I also have the lpr set to the manual suggested stock of 2 rotations
nyplaya513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-29-2014, 01:25 PM #2
wvhiker

wvhiker owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I have a stock Etek 4 LT and use a 68/4500 gorilla tank, and use a Spire hopper, 200 rounds (it's what they say.) Using the stock barrel I can get a hopper and about 7-8 (140 round) pods on a 4000 psi fill. If I put on my Freak and match the paint size at our field I can pick up another pod or two guessing. I have never done an efficiency test on it but I'm sure someone out there has. The stock barrel back is too big for our paint. It is .693 and we usually are at .684. Good marker.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:36 AM #3
nyplaya513

nyplaya513 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvhiker View Post
I have a stock Etek 4 LT and use a 68/4500 gorilla tank, and use a Spire hopper, 200 rounds (it's what they say.) Using the stock barrel I can get a hopper and about 7-8 (140 round) pods on a 4000 psi fill. If I put on my Freak and match the paint size at our field I can pick up another pod or two guessing. I have never done an efficiency test on it but I'm sure someone out there has. The stock barrel back is too big for our paint. It is .693 and we usually are at .684. Good marker.
whats your lpr set to? I feel like (and keep in mind the few times I had my sl tank filled I may have hit 4k or just around it) I have gone through 6-7 pods, I dont fill the hopper first.
nyplaya513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:42 PM #4
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
I have an etek 3 and find that it's actually not all that efficient for a poppet. I bought it thinking it will beat my proton hands down but so far it's not. Great gun just a bit disappointing in that regard. I need a hopper and 4 pods on 2000psi, while still being soft on paint. May have to let this gun go, I don't know. I'll give it another day and play around a bit first.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:41 AM #5
theVicious1

I regularly get 10 pods on my stock etek 3 with a hot 68/45 fill using a freak kit. Dwell is 8ms, lpr flush, tune hpr for chrono.
theVicious1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:52 PM #6
MstrKey

That's the problem...I'm often filling to about 2000 only on my scuba tanks. 10 pods on 68/4500 isn't really all that great. That's on efficient settings too which isn't so hot when using brittle paint. Oh well I'll figure something out. I may steal your settings and try them though.

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
Old 06-10-2014, 10:00 PM #7
theVicious1

I shoot fresh marbs and evil all day with those settings, no breaks. I doubt I could adjust the settings to break any kind of paint, it just won't do it. Any breaks you would get are likely from too much loader tension, excessive underboring, or poorly kept paint.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:18 AM #8
MstrKey

Poorly kept paint is also the issue lol. I'm using x-ball podium series from the local hardware store. It's probably been on the shelf for years. Shoots really good and it always breaks on target. The shell just has zero give to it at this point, so stack clipping is an obvious issue. What are you running your ball detection time at?

Old 06-11-2014, 02:34 AM #9
theVicious1

xball podium is great paint. I've picked up cases over a year old and they shoot fine. Excellent shelf life.

My ball detection time is set to 2.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:57 PM #10
MstrKey

Quote:
Originally Posted by theVicious1 View Post
xball podium is great paint. I've picked up cases over a year old and they shoot fine. Excellent shelf life.

My ball detection time is set to 2.
Ya for the age of the paint, it's working quite well. Breaking better than the ultra evil I was also running, so that tells you how brittle the shells are. I'm getting a lot of eliminations with it......no bounces on anyone.

I had my ball detection time on 2 but I bumped it up to 4. I'm going to lower my rotor tension a bit more as well. On any other gun I'd lower my LPR but there isn't a lot of range on PE guns lol.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:46 AM #11
theVicious1

I'd bet it's the rotor tension. Mine used to crush paint in the breach frequently. I didn't want to mess with the tension so I run slightly drained batteries and it hasn't happened since.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:44 PM #12
MstrKey

I've never had a problem with my rotor tension before, that's the thing. As I said, I haven't broken a ball in literally three seasons, until I got the etek. Of course this paint may simply be beyond shootable without some issues. Any idea which stock bolt comes with the etek 3? Maybe a cure 4 might help a bit.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:24 PM #13
theVicious1

It's a cure 1. Either the cure 4 or Kush bolt would give you the soft tip, so those would help.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:44 PM #14
MstrKey

I think I'll pick one up just for the sake of trying. Can't hurt.

Old 06-16-2014, 02:29 PM #15
wulax30
Team Weekend Warriors

How accurate are you finding your etek 4 to be? Have you made any modifications to it?
wulax30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:22 PM #16
MstrKey

It shoots as straight as any other gun I've owned. No mods needed. Just use good paint, make sure you keep up on your maintenance and you should be fine.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:30 PM #17
MstrKey

UPDATE.

I tried the Vicous1's settings on my etek shooting the same paint last weekend. I also upped my bore one size since a few balls were a bit larger and I tried my rotor with lowered tension and my spire with stack tension 1 setting lower than stock.

No ball breaks at all. She shot like a champ. I have to admit I thought the higher LPR setting would be a problem but I guess the increased pressure going into the LPR probably kept things pretty much equal. That and my hopper/barrel changes may also have helped.

Efficiency was obviously much better too. I'm getting about a spire and two pods on 1000psi from a 68/4500 tank chronied about 270-280. Pretty decent especially since I was running a .690 insert to compensate for wonky ball. They still flew perfectly straight though.

Maybe I won't bother with a cure 4 after all.

Old 07-28-2014, 03:10 PM #18
zizzler

Ive only had one break on my etek 4 lt. but its was more of paint issue than gun.
zizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:37 PM #19
MstrKey

Since I made that last posting, the only paint to break in my etek so far was the Red legion stuff from ANS lol. It's the most brittle paint I've seen in my life and by the reviews nobody is able to shoot the stuff. I just wanted to try it for fun. My normal paint is between mid to tournament grade.