Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-13-2014, 03:09 AM #1
foxlight713

M17 Questions

I'm looking into getting the M17 as my second gun (i have an X7 phenom.) just a couple of questons.

1 - What front hand guards work with the M17 (w/out modding)? I would assume most if not all Milsig front hand-guards would work but what about after market ones?

2 - How is the Stock barrel for the M17 CQC? a 7 in. barrel is really short and I will probably be looking into getting the Lapco BSA 10 inch.

3 - I will be getting the Milsig air through stock (the CATS stock), will the buffer tube accept most after market AR but stocks on the CATS stock?

4 - Can the RPS (rounds per second) be adjusted on the M17? the field I play at has a 10.5 Bps rampping limit.

Last edited by foxlight713 : 06-13-2014 at 03:16 AM.
foxlight713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-13-2014, 11:10 AM #2
cobi wan kenobi

I'll answer #2 because that the only one I could give a decent answer on. The stock barrel is a stock barrel. I have a 8" Lapco Bigshot coming and an apex 2 for options. Why 10"? This marker is supposed to be small, but with the stock this thing is still pretty long. I wouldn't want it any longer and the apex is really going to add some length.

In short, you will be replacing the stock barrel.
cobi wan kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:18 AM #3
foxlight713

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobi wan kenobi View Post
I'll answer #2 because that the only one I could give a decent answer on. The stock barrel is a stock barrel. I have a 8" Lapco Bigshot coming and an apex 2 for options. Why 10"? This marker is supposed to be small, but with the stock this thing is still pretty long. I wouldn't want it any longer and the apex is really going to add some length.

In short, you will be replacing the stock barrel.
I was heavily considering the 8 inch Lapco and Apex tip combo from Hustle Paintball and I might still get it instead because I'm still saving up for the M17. I was thinking of the 10 inch BigShotAssault because I do have the option for a threaded Apex ready tip and I play with a 14 inch barrel on my X7 phen. so I'm used to the length of a longer barrel.
foxlight713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:37 AM #4
Slodin

1. the clamp on ones might work........but I'm not sure..cause that Involve the receiver itself (the thread to barrel part) to extrude out..I didn't take it off since I don't have a hand guard to put on..also it's extra budget I'm already at 800bucks for this setup...

2. Yeah, it's really short...I bought the marker for woodlands/indoor (more wood), So 7' is really short. Currently I'm just going to try out my 14' and swap between them. (it's cause m17 cqc to be very cheap..but really I wanted more of a full AR than a CQC)

3. I'm not sure...I wanted to get the CAT stock..but its like almost 100 bucks extra to get this

4. Not that I know of..I only see a FPS adjust on mine..
Slodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:23 PM #5
Bonez6x3

Some answers.
For question 2, I use the deadlywind 10" barrel. I went a little higher in price because I can use freak inserts and still put an apex2 on the end of it with adapter. I just got back from Oklahoma D-Day where I put a little under a case through it and never had a break in the barrel. Plus it shot straight all the days I was there. The apex2 was nice for Utah beach and shooting into the boats and dropping it down on their heads.

As for question 4, it is mechanical so as far as I know there is not a way to change the rps on it. But if you are using it for a mag fed marker you will not really want to be shooting that fast since you have to be changing mags every few seconds then. Plus you will then have to wind them again.
Bonez6x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:39 PM #6
matii

1. Pretty much just milsig ones.
2. I would recommend getting a longer barrel
3.The buffer tube fore the Gen1 C.A.T.S. Stock accepted standard stocks... I am not sure about Gen2
4. No. Just mechanical, or full auto which iirc is somewhere around 18bps
Old 06-19-2014, 06:58 PM #7
iconx_balla
evo11

Is the Elite shroud in stock anywhere in the US?
iconx_balla is offline   Reply With Quote