Community Focus

Old 04-05-2012, 05:43 AM #1
jason_vanguard
Valveflow Ltd

jason_vanguard works for a Paintball manufacturer
jason_vanguard is for the Gunfight
jason_vanguard is for the Gunfight
Second Hand Vanguard Markers

We would like to refresh our customers on our policy regarding second hand markers; this is to avoid anybody who purchases one from being disappointed or upset if it is received in an improper condition.
We would advise you that if you have any doubts when purchasing a second hand marker to please contact either sales@vanguardpaintball.com or sales@vanguardpaintballusa.com , if you provide us with the serial number we may be able to give you any information on the service history, whether the marker is in warranty and whether or not the warranty is transferrable to the new owner.
All second hand markers should really be looked at by a vanguard tech as we have a lot of tinkerers out there who can do damage to the marker, lose parts or incorrectly assemble it, please be aware that there will be a 25 ($40) service charge for doing this. It may be a good idea to ask the seller to have this looked over before you purchase it.
We do not warrant markers that have been re-anodised after they are sold for the first time this is because the marker will have been stripped of the old anodizing and this can remove material. This can cause problems with the functioning of the marker. If the marker does need to be re-anodised we advise that you contact us so that we can point you in the direction of an approved company but please be aware that this will still be at your own risk.
Please contact us for advice any time to avoid any unexpected repair bills as Vanguard cannot be held responsible for the conditions the second hand markers are sold in.
Thanks
The vanguard team

jason_vanguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2012, 11:44 AM #2
Dismas03

I've sent multiple emails to the "usa" email with no response. That was weeks ago.
Dismas03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:47 PM #3
Reaper (ACI)
We're Weird

Reaper (ACI) works for a Paintball manufacturer
Reaper (ACI) donated to help Peyton Trent
Reaper (ACI) is for the Gunfight
I've never received any emails, private messages, or Facebook messages regarding this ever.

I can be reached at either deadboxsports@gmail.com or reaper@vanguardpaintballusa.com
www.deadboxsports.com

I have LEGO Paintballer Mini Figs
Reaper (ACI) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:03 PM #4
lross
VAMPED

lross owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
lross owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Angry Same lack of response

I contacted cust serv and tech on the warranty card via email only to ge them to bounce back. Is ANYBODY responsible for the markers that are out there? It feels like current owners (wether original or second hard ) have been abandoned.
lross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:13 PM #5
Dismas03

Contact Reaper whos thread is above. He's very good in response, professional, knowledgable, and helpful. He'll help you out. He rebuild my Creed a couple months ago.
Dismas03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:47 PM #6
Reaper (ACI)
We're Weird

Reaper (ACI) works for a Paintball manufacturer
Reaper (ACI) donated to help Peyton Trent
Deadboxsports@gmail.com
Tried a PM, but you can't accept them yet.
www.deadboxsports.com

I have LEGO Paintballer Mini Figs
Reaper (ACI) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:56 PM #7
ProGression
Cereal Killers 2013

ProGression has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ProGression has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I purchased a 2013 Demon last weekend and received the marker in the mail last Friday. Test fired it, no problems, took it to my field and was chronoing the marker and it chrono'd at 280. When I went to adjust the speed I noticed the adjustment screw was almost rounded out, so I contacted Vanguard to see about a replacement screw. I called the shop first and was asked to send an email to a representative to get a quote on pricing. I had to call after waiting a couple days to get them to respond and then I got this in my email today.

Shown is my original email and the response I got from Michael Koker @ Vanguard. :

Hey Mike,

I contacted you earlier today about looking to order some parts for my new Demon. The chrono adjustment screw is almost completely stripped out and I need a replacement for that, also I was curious to see how much a replacement set of stock allen keys were. Theres also a few odds and ends I'd like for spares but all in all if you could get me a price for the following, that'd be awesome.

- Chrono Adjustment Screw x1
- Charging Port Cover Screw x1
- Detents x6
- Detent Springs x6
- Stock Allen Key set
- Stock Barrel condom

Feel free to reply here or on my cell at XXX-XXX-XXXX.
Thanks for the awesome marker =)

His Response :

- Chrono Adjustment Screw x1 $25
- Charging Port Cover Screw x1 $3
- Detents x6
- Detent Springs x6 $10x3 =$30
- Stock Allen Key set $23.50
- Stock Barrel condom $15.00

Thats word for word. First off the response here is completely impersonal and unprofessional. Copy pasting someone's previous email and then not even noting that I can call back to order the parts or a link representing their own company. Secondly, they are absolutely raping people on the pricing. I've owned DMs, Egos, Geos, G6Rs, Vcoms, Luxes and have NEVER spent $25 on a screw. Especially when ordering directly from a distributor.

I love the gun as far as functionality, sound signature, weight and overall presentation goes but honestly, they're leaving customers out to dry after the marker purchase. I'm glad I didn't pay for this brand new to get bent over like this.
ProGression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:30 PM #8
blk mrkt

Annual Supporting Member
The regulator adjustment screw isn't just a screw, its a machined/threaded metal shaft with two (if I remember right) orings. I'm not saying that $25 isn't a bit pricey for it but its not just a screw. I'm not denying that there customer service couldnt use some work either, I also have experienced some rather impersonal and uninformative responses but I dont buy a gun to make friends with there company's employees. As long as I get what I'm after I could care less. That being said it sounds like he gave you what you asked for "if you could get me a price for the following, that'd be awsome"
Old 07-04-2013, 07:57 AM #9
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL
NEW ENGLAND AVALANCHE

FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is a Professional paintball player
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL works for a Paintball manufacturer
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL donated to help Peyton Trent
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is playing at Living Legends III
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is for the Gunfight
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is for the Gunfight
Maybe it would be best if you had contacted Vanguard USA which is the Headquarters and not a Service center. Contact Frank@vanguardpaintballusa.com and I will help you. I see you live in Jacksonville which is a hour away from Vanguard USA.

GI | Vanguard Demon | NXE | Stiffi Barrels | Ninja Paintball | Virtue | Exalt |
GXG | RAZA | OXCC | Sly | Boston Paintball |

Have you shot a Vanguard Demon or Creed yet?
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:13 AM #10
Tackanater

Made the mistake of buying a demon once, never will I do it again. Customer service was a joke. If you have a business, and you want to make money, make the customers happy.
Tackanater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:32 AM #11
commradecrack

commradecrack has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
commradecrack has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackanater View Post
Made the mistake of buying a demon once, never will I do it again. Customer service was a joke. If you have a business, and you want to make money, make the customers happy.
i am in the same boat. vanguard will never get another dollar of mine im sure vanguards fate will be the same as wdp angel and smart parts the only difference is i will still buy angels and shockers. i have a avalanche demon right now that im probably just going to put it in my scrap metal pile.
commradecrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:01 AM #12
skyhook2.0

skyhook2.0 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
skyhook2.0 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I've sent emails to all three emails that have been provided on this thread and haven't gotten a response yet.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:02 PM #13
Chuckles_031
Yay nipples!

Annual Supporting Member
Chuckles_031 is playing at Living Legends VII
Chuckles_031 is for the Gunfight
Chuckles_031 supports Pev's Paintball
Chuckles_031 plays in the APPA D5 division
Chuckles_031 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
I talked to reaper, he helped me out, wasnt an immediate response,but he did get back to me. I would have to agree with most people saying the CS isn't great, they def. have some work to do if they wanna fix it.
Chuckles_031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:40 PM #14
skvngr100

Annual Supporting Member
skvngr100 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
skvngr100 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
skvngr100 supports DLX Technology
I sent my demon in almost 7months ago and can't get it back.
skvngr100 is offline   Reply With Quote