Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-30-2014, 05:38 PM #1
Baake18

Dp f 7 or Dp fx

I've been debating on trading for a do fx I have a do g3 and just got a dp f7 I might trade them for a dp fx do u guys think that would b a good trade
Baake18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2014, 10:16 PM #2
CA_Tectonics

Have you shot an FX? If you can, you probably should first. Stock, they are meh, IMO but with a TechT bolt and ram, they are better. I still prefer an F8 over a FX though. Opinions will vary. In the end, it's up to you.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:28 PM #3
Baake18

I haven't shot an fx but I know it's a ***** finding parts for my f7 I almost didn't think I was gonna find the bolt but luckily I did
Baake18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:30 PM #4
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
F7 and F8 > FX

I have had nothing but problems with the FX. Eye cover fitment issues, bolt issues, detent issues. Bolts snap in half, Poppet/valve pin gets stuck open, loud, kicky, bla bla bla.

meanwhile my Fusion 7 still shoots great.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:46 PM #5
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
dreadmuppet is BST Trusted
dreadmuppet owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I loved my FX when it was working. My two friends love theirs, when they work.

It is like the NT of mid range poppits.

I can not in good conscious suggest buying an FX.
REC BALL AND SCENARIO TEAM
IF I DO NOT SHOOT YOU
MY TEAMMATE WILL
eBay FEEDBACK
dreadmuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:56 PM #6
Kapitan1975

Annual Supporting Member
Kapitan1975 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kapitan1975 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Kapitan1975 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Kapitan1975 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Not sure why the negative comment. I love my FX

I owned couple highends, including the new GSL, 2013/14 VIS ripper splash, AXE PDD, DM's, 2012 reflex rail and FX. (Among other lower ends)

I never have issue with mine, i sold orher marker that i dont use, but hold on to this and my ION ever since i got it new.
I replaced the bolt amd the ram (techT) shoot great easy to maintain. Maybe open the ram every 2-4K shoots and lube the bolt at the end of game day. This isy back up even aftet playing with my GSL or during rainny day. Super work horse, easier to maintain than my axe as a back up.

So i guess its up to the individual preference.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:53 PM #7
forfunballer

f7 and f8 beat the fx in certain points the fx comes with a better board and more easy to find parts so the fx has a slight upper hand

yes you can still find parts and aftermarket parts for both f7 and f8 for decent prices i paid 200$ for my f8 100 for the gun 30 for the bolt (boss bolt)increased fps by 28 so its well worth it 30 for the lurker ram and spring and 40 for new asa and asa mount and yes all the after market parts for the f8 can be used for the f7 but fx parts do not work for f8s or f7's besides maybe a few o rings reg and asa

so that being said i would go for a f7/f8 because there less of a jack hammer but its just harder to find parts but yes they are out there

now the f7 vs f8 there both pretty much the same f7 runs on 250 psi the f8 on 200 the f8 does not vcome with a lpr so its a little harder on paint the f8 comes with an upgraded solenoid but the parts kit comes with one and you can just put it in your f7 as they are pretty much the same marker the f7 is slightly heavy and has a boxy feel where as the f8 is lighter and a little sleaker

what i recommend for the fusions either leave stock and love it 1200-1300 shots stock or upgrade if you know what your doing to a new lurker golden poppet and a boss bolt but do not and i mean do not get a aftermarket ram sense they are lighter the require more air to push them to keep the poppet open long enough to get a good fps shot there is a mod where you can compress your ram spring but this is very bad as you dont know when the spring is at its best point for the new ram to work and if you dont do it right a lighter spring can be bad for the old ram as it can have wiggle room etc

just my 2 sense - robert
forfunballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:37 AM #8
iPaintSlinger
Front Line

My FX with Techt LAW Ram, Hush Bolt Pro and New Designz Volumizer shoots at:
295fps
95psi
Dwell 3

Without the Volumizer you can run the FX at 100psi and get the same results. The Techt parts are easy to find and make a huge difference in the shot feel and efficiency of the marker. The New Designz part is not as easy to find and provides a much smaller performance gain but still worth it when combined with the other upgrades.

People who don't like the FX are people who don't provide proper maintenance to it. Clean the breach and bolt after every day of play. Check/clean/lube the ram, regulator, noid and valve assembly as needed (which is very rarely needed). I love my FX, I have never shot either of the previous fusions but I can tell you that the FX is super easy to own.

iPS
iPaintSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:04 PM #9
lodeadballer05

lodeadballer05 is playing at Living Legends VII
lodeadballer05 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
lodeadballer05 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The fx I prefer. It has great features and easy mainence
lodeadballer05 is offline   Reply With Quote