PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-09-2014, 06:36 PM #1
DSideChamp
Don't Get Stuck

DSideChamp has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ETek2 leak

I went to a feild yesterday to play and when i gassed it up, i heard a leak. I took it inside and asked tha staff for some help. Tha guy turned tha gun on and it immeaditly started leaking balls out of tha barrel and then it shot on its own once and all tha air decompressed out. He took it apart and looked at it and said its probably tha solenoid but wasnt sure. If anyone has any help or ideas of tha problem all will be appreciated.
DSideChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2014, 10:50 PM #2
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
If air is pushing balls out the barrel then it's somehow getting past the cup seal/valve area. My guess is you blew a valve oring and that's destabilizing the whole system.

Now the question is.....why did your valve oring blow? Your HPR may not be working properly and spitting out too much pressure.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:17 PM #3
DSideChamp
Don't Get Stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
If air is pushing balls out the barrel then it's somehow getting past the cup seal/valve area. My guess is you blew a valve oring and that's destabilizing the whole system.

Now the question is.....why did your valve oring blow? Your HPR may not be working properly and spitting out too much pressure.
I don't think air was pushing tha balls out they were just rolling out rather slow, could be tha case though. And i'm guessing HPR is a High Pressure Regulator?
Old 06-11-2014, 08:16 PM #4
jdoghubb
AZ Paintball 105+ Degrees

jdoghubb has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
^ yup you are correct.

I recently had a similar problem, i took apart the HPR and one of the o rings somehow had a scratch in it. I replaced it then reoiled and lubed and it was good to go.
jdoghubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:51 PM #5
MstrKey

balls

[quote=DSideChamp;81523361]I don't think air was pushing tha balls out they were just rolling out rather slow, could be tha case though. And i'm guessing HPR is a High Pressure Regulator?[/QUOTE

Well I can only go by what you're telling me. If your detents are in good shape balls normally won't roll out. Unless of course they're being pushed out by air flowing through the bolt. If you detents are worn out or totally gone then balls are going to roll out all the time.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:43 AM #6
DSideChamp
Don't Get Stuck

[quote=MstrKey;81531785]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSideChamp View Post
I don't think air was pushing tha balls out they were just rolling out rather slow, could be tha case though. And i'm guessing HPR is a High Pressure Regulator?[/QUOTE

Well I can only go by what you're telling me. If your detents are in good shape balls normally won't roll out. Unless of course they're being pushed out by air flowing through the bolt. If you detents are worn out or totally gone then balls are going to roll out all the time.
Yeah i left at my local feild for their gun tech to look @ and he said its tha hpr and lpr, apparently i need new detents aswell. He also said tha solenoid could be part of tha problem because he swapper tha h & lpr's but tha velo is really low like 180s and 190s
Old 06-13-2014, 02:57 PM #7
MstrKey

Low velocity could also be a bad QEV. If they don't dump air fast enough, the ram can't move at full speed. Failing noids and failing QEV's are both uncommon, but do happen especially on older guns. Hopefully it's the cheaper of the two .

Old 06-14-2014, 01:41 PM #8
DSideChamp
Don't Get Stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
Low velocity could also be a bad QEV. If they don't dump air fast enough, the ram can't move at full speed. Failing noids and failing QEV's are both uncommon, but do happen especially on older guns. Hopefully it's the cheaper of the two .
Turns out it is tha solenoid also needs new lpr & hpr, and he said something about the rammer. Its all good tho, some guy on here tried to hustle me a broken gun so i get a refund
Old 06-14-2014, 05:25 PM #9
MstrKey

Honestly, sounds like you're getting ripped off to me. The regulators don't go bad. Neither do the rams. They may need orings/seals changed.....but other than that they'll last forever. A lot of repair shops create problems to make money. Makes me doubt even the noid is bad at this point lol.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:01 AM #10
DSideChamp
Don't Get Stuck

Yeah thats but what i've been reading, but its whatever. It'd probably be better to get new-er gun etek is a little bit old but eh lol. Do appreaciate tha help tho man, thanks!
Old 06-17-2014, 04:04 PM #11
MstrKey

Nah that etek will shoot as good as anything out there. Unless of course the damage really is that bad, in which case a new gun may be cheaper than the repair bill lol.