Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-13-2014, 08:38 AM #1
GottaHavIt

Freestyle leaking. Not sure why???

I think it's a 2k5 freestyle. I backed out the hpr and lpr and put the air on it. I can turn the air on and all is well until I attempt to engage either the lpr or the hpr. As soon as I turn either reg in far enough to engage air, the air immediately leaks down the barrel. Took apart gun and everything looks normal to me, but I'm by no means an expert. Any knowledge would be much appreciated. Gun looks like brand new and it pisses me off that I can't get her running. Thanks in advance.
GottaHavIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-13-2014, 08:49 PM #2
Nobody609

Nobody609 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I have found that there are 3 critical orings on the bolt. One is the oring on the bolt itself. 2 is the inner oring that seals against the bolt and 3 is tiny 006 or 007 oring on the sail. Bthese afe all urethane and again critical. Nearly all oring kits from stores disregard this fact, much to the dismay of the player. I do sell oring kits, to ICD specs. Check those orings and get back to me.

Also, when you did air it up, did the bolt just go forward, or could you cycle it? This will also belp in finding out which oring is the culprit.
Nobody609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:07 PM #3
GottaHavIt

This is great info and I appreciate it. I will look at these orings in the next day or so and should prolly just get some new ones from u just to b safe. As far as the bolt, it doesn't go forward at all when aired up. As I try to turn the hpr up the leak gets louder and if I pull the trigger during the leak (with the eyes off) the bolt sounds like it wants to cycle but it barely moves a few millimeters.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:21 PM #4
krupasjeans
happy day

I have a feeling the marker isn't properly balanced.
Here's some instructions to help you out.

With the marker de-gassed, unscrew the HPR and the LPR adjustment screws until they are zeroed out.
Stick a barrel swab or something woody or plastic-y down the breech that's thick enough to block the bolt from traveling too far forward. (Push the bolt back if you need to)
Gas up the marker.
Turn the HPR up to about 350psi.
The bolt should now be pushing against whatever you have blocking it. That item should prevent the marker from leaking down the barrel.
Turn up the pressure on your LPR until the bolt frees the item you have blocking it. If all is working well the bolt will stay back on it's own thanks to the pressure from the LPR that is keeping it back.
Once the item is free, increase the pressure on the LPR another quarter turn or so.

That should help get your marker in the ballpark.
If you can't get the bolt to cock back, no matter how high you turn up your LPR, then you'll have to tear down your LPR and check that out.

Good luck!
krupasjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:23 AM #5
GottaHavIt

Also good info, thank you