PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-14-2014, 01:26 AM #1
c0nn0r
Reverand Dude

Post RAP4 Quality

Alright guys, I've been playing paintball for 8 years. I just recently started playing mag fed and I love it. I play with a T68 gen 6 with dmags and a lok bolt. It has been pretty amazing. My question is how many of you have had good quality with RAP4 and how many of you like to keep the title CRAP4? Please no fighting. Everyone has their own opinions.
c0nn0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-14-2014, 06:57 AM #2
ProjectDA

I wouldn't even buy a sock from them. I bought my 1st marker from them with some other stuff. Almost 600$ at the time. 3rd paintball goes through and the maker breaks. I tried to contact them. Never got a response from them since I paid for the marker. Tried for a year, then gave up and got a tippmann.
My interaction with rap4 was one of the bad ones.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:09 AM #3
savageJT

I have the MKP 2 kit and love it. Now given this is a Tippman marker but I have the Dmag kit and the Lok-Bolt. I think there are always going to be those who get a bad piece of equipment due to things being mass produced. When I got my kit, the mag well bolt was somewhat stripped. I got a new one in less than a week (note; I am on the east coast) so I was pleased with their customer service.

Different strokes for different folks i guess.
savageJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:31 AM #4
apes4us
MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nn0r View Post
RAP4 Quality
Those two words are mutually exclusive in my experience.
apes4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:57 PM #5
Robotech

has been a member for 10 years
Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
Depends on what we're talking about. Their Thunder 68 cal paintball grenade shells are re-branded MadBull PB68 shells and work great. I've heard great things about the 468. The T-68, on the other hand, has such a spotty reputation I wouldn't touch it. I also have some of their soft products (MOLLE pod carrier and tank pouch for my vest) and I didn't have any issues with them. The experiance I've had getting grenade parts also has left me less than impressed with their customer service. For these reseaons I would only get something from them if it was something I had to have and couldn't get anywhere else.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:36 PM #6
Scottgri21

Here's an email I recently sent them:

"Hello,

Its been almost a year and over $1,000, and I can't get this gun (Phenom with Tacamo MKP-II conversion kit) to work, let alone work consistently.

The entire reason I bought this gun is because I'm a lefty, and the idea of having a hopper not in my face was very attractive. I bought the gun and conversion kit, and originally was only planning to wait a week or two to buy the box mag, but then it was delayed for over 3 months, and so I had to wait.

Once it finally came out, I was excited and purchased it immediately. The first day I had it I left it on, and drained my batteries, so thinking economically I returned to Rap4 and bought the rechargeable batteries and charging kit. Once delivered, I charged my Rap4 box mag with my Rap4 rechargeable batteries and charging kit, and it fried the circuit board. Rap4's customer service was excellent in sending me out a replacement board, but now I'm stuff with a recharge kit that seems... well not useless - it can be used to fry more circuit boards.

While frustrating, that kit isn't even factored into all of the expenses I've made trying to get this gun to work. I've replaced the bolt, I've switched over to HPA instead of CO2, I've tried at least 10 different types of paint, I've replaced the ball detent, I've swapped out multiple barrels and bore sizes. I bought the lokbolt too. I'm really out of variables, and still this gun breaks paint on 1 out of 3 or 4 paintballs, and that's single shot semi auto. I bought this gun with illusions of grandeur shooting full auto, but my gun is more accurately described as a paintball flame thrower right now for how much paint I spray out.

To say I'm frustrated is a supreme understatement. I know I can't get the money I've invested back, and the 10+ trips I've taken to go paintballing so far this year have all been incredibly hindered by my experience with these products. My gear is a walking punchline for everyone else at the fields. I try to defend my purchases (your products), but it is getting increasingly hard as time and time again the products are consistently failing.

I've spent dozens, if not hundreds, of hours browsing online forums attempting to solve these problems. That is time I know I also won't get back.

Where I'm at now is a crossroads. I plan on attending the Supergame in Oregon next month, but theres no point in going if I don't have a working gun. I've spent so much time and money on this gun, it is very disappointing to have to give up on it and still not have a functioning device, but for $300-$400 I can buy a range of different guns that will definitely work out of the box, and many of them share or exceed the features that I wanted in this setup.

Before I jump ship and become another anti-champion of Rap4 (there are many in the forums), I wanted to write something to your company and give you a chance to understand the frustrations of a customer who has been very loyal to your product line, and see if there is anything you'd be willing to offer to get me out of this terrible, terrible money pit that hasn't functioned or performed as advertised since day one.

If someone wants to discuss my plethora of issues I'm still having with this gun I'd be more than happy to converse with them. As someone who grew their career as a professional product tester into a test management role, I am very familiar with testing processes, identifying root causes, variables, and the importance of understanding an accurate testing environment. Still, despite all my efforts to isolate problems and fix them... the only reasonable conclusion to be made is these products simply do not work.

I look forward to hearing back from you."

In response, they offered to fix my gun for free, and pay for shipping one way. Currently my gun is at their shop and I'm hoping to have it back in a bout a week, and then we'll see if they could get it to work.

That's been my experience though.
Scottgri21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:49 PM #7
c0nn0r
Reverand Dude

Well I'm sorry to hear the poor quality being received by some players. I did get a chance to play the 468 though, and it is amazing. Those of you who have given up on RAP4 should try it.
c0nn0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:05 PM #8
Henchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nn0r View Post
Well I'm sorry to hear the poor quality being received by some players. I did get a chance to play the 468 though, and it is amazing. Those of you who have given up on RAP4 should try it.
Or, you could play it safe and get a milsig.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:42 PM #9
scottycms
Pointman

Or Tiberius may finally release the T15 sometime this year. Mmmmmmm
scottycms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:29 PM #10
DFS Isaacs

I've had my fair share of defective RAP4 products roughly 6, 7 years ago. I just got into MagFed beginning of this year. I Must say, RAP4 has stepped up their game with the 468. Ive only experienced difficulties when i first tried to play with it. About 4 weeks after purchasing. I didnt shoot it or nothing before trying to play. Come to find out, I was just inexperienced with the marker. I havent been let down by the 468 since and i play every weekend. And i only had 1 ball break all year so far. It was Graffiti. I use Redemption everytim.
DFS Isaacs is offline   Reply With Quote