Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-04-2014, 12:17 PM #1
Loki51

M17 Cqc Vs XDC

Okay, so I am getting my wife into mag-fed, and I am already having a "sniper" being built later this month, but she wants an M17 like me. Right now, I have the Xdc, but I have yet to get my hands on a cqc. Would you guys recommend me getting a cqc, or just shelling out the extra cash for the XDC? How is the CQC performing compared to the XDC? And would it stand up well in a large scenario like Fulda Gap?
Loki51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2014, 05:01 PM #2
Shocker_Monkey
KCCO

Annual Supporting Member
Shocker_Monkey is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Shocker_Monkey is playing at Living Legends VII
Shocker_Monkey plays in the APPA D5 division
Shocker_Monkey is Legendary
Shocker_Monkey is Boss
My M17 CQC shot great all weekend at living legends, and that was crawling through the mud and muck. So I'm sure it'll hold up fine at a scenario like Fulda.

As for the difference you have to decide yourself if you think an almost double price is worth the all metal body, shroud and magwell. One thing I think is a plus on the cqc magwell is the ambidextrous paddle mag release. The XDC and DMR variants use the push button type, as you're aware.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you'll need mags, tank, etc on top of the cost of marker itself. So the reduced price of the CQC certainly helps with that.
Shocker_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:35 PM #3
miramire
Terrible Turk

Annual Supporting Member
miramire is a Supporting Member
I have to agree with Shocker Monkey, it has a lot to do with how the wife plays and where the majority of her play will be. I have played with both and currently own a CQC with a XDC on the way. I just felt like I liked the feel of the XDC better but in no way do I feel the CQC is worse off. Yes it has polymer parts and that can sometimes create issues with sights and yield more to stress you put on the gun but I do like the ambidextrous mag release and the compact nature of the CQC. And like Shocker Monkey said, I have to keep reminding that while $300 is a great price, it is usually more like $500 with the mags etc. So that $700 XDC starts moving into the nearly four digit range.
miramire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:06 AM #4
konix

picked up the XDC, great marker but with the price of mags the CQC might of been a better option
konix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:32 PM #5
Henchman

Love my CQC.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:48 PM #6
Das Ketty

I love my XDC, feels great in my hands and it shoots great.
The CQC shoots just as well so if your talking performance you wont notice a difference. Its all just a personal preference with the weight and overall aesthetic.
However I have heard / seen some issues will the Polymer cracking under to much tension or falling. For example I've seen cracked shrouds from guys who torqued their front grips to much.
Also it looks like the Paddle on the Ambi-mag release could snap or break, I have never seen it happen, but It does not seem as solid as the standard mag release ( and I am a lefty opting for the regular mag release, if that means anything to you)
The problems I have seen are few; But I prefer the XDC. The full metal body just feels good in the hands.
Das Ketty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:58 PM #7
cobi wan kenobi

I have a cqc and a friend has the xdc. I shot him out this past weekend. But seriously, the price is the deal breaker imo. However, his felt more secure than mine, but that could have been in my head.
cobi wan kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote