Community Focus

Old 06-05-2014, 10:36 AM #1
DRAXX
www.muddhillspaintball.tk

TechT Bolt for Azodin Blitz, Zenith, & ZII

Old 06-05-2014, 12:56 PM #2
iPaintSlinger
Front Line

I don't understand how is it that Techt messed up on this bolt. If you examine the Azodin Hush Bolt you will see that it has every technology available except the shaved portion on the front of the bolt. It is lighter in weight and it also has way less surface area making contact along the breach which reduces friction. I hope that they do in fact get back to you and give some insight as to why this Bolt is technically a lateral shift rather an actual upgrade.

Either way nice vid with some good info for those of us planning on get the Hush bolt. Thanks bro.

iPS

Last edited by iPaintSlinger : 06-05-2014 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Fine tune sentences... lololol
iPaintSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:30 PM #3
smalltownkaos
Azodin Fan

smalltownkaos has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Orings create friction.
Capt. American Blitz Evo
w/ matching zero
DP: Green G4...Green F8

LOOKING FOR A BLUE AZODIN ZENITH...PM ME
smalltownkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:18 PM #4
iPaintSlinger
Front Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownkaos View Post
Orings create friction.
Yes they do but this isn't the first time Techt has made a bolt with O-rings to replace one without O-rings. It is in fact the first time that they have made one that cost efficiency instead of producing it.

iPS
Old 06-05-2014, 06:40 PM #5
faus7rav3n

I've contemplated simply taking an Azodin bolt: expanding the ID of the bolt face, rounding the edges of the face, and turning an O-ring land behind the bolt supply hole, just to see if it does anything different/similar/better than the TechT set up.

Many aftermarket Spyder bolts had wide open faces w/out venturis. If I recall correctly, they seemed to help with sound signature and efficiency, they also needed a valve body and valve pin that could flow a larger volume of air, and a heavier spring to open the valve longer.

I just don't know anyone who can turn delrin. I'm tempted to try it by attaching it to a drill press or a hand drill and very carefully turning it myself.
faus7rav3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:46 PM #6
iPaintSlinger
Front Line

If you do try be sure to let us know how it goes.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:05 AM #7
DRAXX
www.muddhillspaintball.tk

Quote:
Originally Posted by faus7rav3n View Post
I've contemplated simply taking an Azodin bolt: expanding the ID of the bolt face, rounding the edges of the face, and turning an O-ring land behind the bolt supply hole, just to see if it does anything different/similar/better than the TechT set up.

Many aftermarket Spyder bolts had wide open faces w/out venturis. If I recall correctly, they seemed to help with sound signature and efficiency, they also needed a valve body and valve pin that could flow a larger volume of air, and a heavier spring to open the valve longer.

I just don't know anyone who can turn delrin. I'm tempted to try it by attaching it to a drill press or a hand drill and very carefully turning it myself.
Yeah man, they're only 10.00 at Azodin's web store. What have you got to lose? None of us have skills like that so if you do do that, post vids

;D
Old 06-06-2014, 05:13 PM #8
MooseViking

Quote:
Originally Posted by faus7rav3n View Post
all it is is hard polymer right?
depending on where you are located i would just throw a request up on craigslist. I went to art school for college and we had every machine you could ever want at our disposal at no cost (lol, aside from tuition), so oddly enough it would be a good starting point to try and find someone at one. if you supply materials and some $$ you could probably find someone at least halfway qualified to turn one for you at a low enough cost to be efficient if it turned out to be a waste of time.
MooseViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:56 PM #9
faus7rav3n

It's a stock delrin bolt iirc.
faus7rav3n is offline   Reply With Quote