Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-27-2014, 08:39 PM #1
markerney

What Is The BEST Brand Type Paintball For Accuracy

This may be a topic that draws many opinions, but being new to the forum and paintballn, I'd really like to know from the pros. What is the BEST type and paintball brand to use for accuracy? Does price really make a difference on how straight and far the ball will travel? Or is it ALL in the marker? I see paintballs that range from $29.99 to $100 a case. So is it really worth it to buy the expensive brands? I would love to hear what the experts think. Is it all in the marker, or is it a combination of both? What brand do most pros recommend? Thank you sincerely for your time and consideration. Mark
markerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-27-2014, 08:52 PM #2
gamer565
*****es love cannons!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
Pro's will recommend whatever they are getting sponsored by, whether they like it or not...

There is no "best". But stay away from anything that comes from WalMart, Target, Bass pro and other stores that stock paint.

Buy from your local field/pro shop. Paint that is not dimpled, or that have bad seems will fly straighter. Your ability to aim will also help accuracy.

gamer565 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:06 PM #3
BigPumpPlayer

BigPumpPlayer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
When you are paint shipping you will typically find better results with a field shop as they go through more paint so they both have fresher paint and know what is shooting well.

You want a fresh paint with consistent bore size to ensure the paint will be consistent from shot to shot. Along with that you want a minimal seam on the ball to minimize drag, and with that said you may experience different results based on finish of the ball.

The other factor in the pricing is generally the level of brittle the paint is. A great accurate ball that won't break when it hits the mark is not a benefit for you! You want to be able to hit and have the ball break on contact, but not so brittle your marker cannot shoot it consistently. From there the pricing can vary also based on the thickness and brightness of the fill color and how oily it is. You want a paint that is thick and difficult to wipe, very bright and yet does not stain clothing.

With all of that said, some of the favorites I have shot are...

4. Marbalizer

Thick bright fill, consistent batch to batch and a temperature durable ball. Can be pricy.

3. Evil

Brittle, consistent paint with bright thick fill. Can be pricy.

2. Redemption

Great durable packaging, bright shell and fills. Very consistent batch to batch and very reasonably priced.

1. JT Advantage

Might seem like an odd #1 but it has been my experience. I know many will disagree and it may have a lot to do with the fact that I can get it easily and it is available fresh. It has been a bright fill with brittle shell, consistent bag to bag and the seam is fine. It has a matte finish that I have found to be great when shooting, seems to be less impacted by wind for me. I can often find this for $35-$40 a case which is great.

My .02 cents, other experiences may vary.
Sterling STP
"I Fight YOU!!! Pew Pew!"
BigPumpPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:05 AM #4
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride

MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends VI
MaG Adrenal1ne plays in the APPA D4 division
MaG Adrenal1ne supports DLX Technology
A higher quality paint will generally yield better accuracy. Always spend the extra couple bucks for a case when you can. ITs better to hit your target with 1-2 balls than miss with 10.
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
MaG Adrenal1ne is offline   Reply With Quote